test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DirectX issues

roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
I keep getting this error:

Fatal Error:Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while Presenting. Reason: 0x887a0006 (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG)

I had resolved this before by changing by adding -dsd9 in the command line option in the launcher based on other forum posts but those are all over a year old.

My computer has DirectX 12. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the display drivers but that didn't help.

While the crash this causes was annoying I could still play the game and complete episodes but with the new featured episode I can't even complete it.

Thoughts on how to finally get this fixed?

Comments

• vicormavicorma Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I have exactly the same problem. It was solved after the graphic fixes 3/9/17. Last update on 4/6/17 the screen freeze and errors are back. A few times a day.

The problem occure only on ground maps, till now never in space. I grind out the whole anniversary in space without any screen freeze.

@ Cryptic: you fixed the problem on 3/9/17, please fix it again.
    Hera%20squad%20logo1a.png
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    roninfel wrote: »
    I keep getting this error:

Fatal Error:Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while Presenting. Reason: 0x887a0006 (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG)

Thoughts on how to finally get this fixed?

For what it's worth, I had this exact problem too, but sometimes it had RESET instead of HUNG. I kept lowering settings until it was as low as it could go, and it would play okay for varying periods of time form 10 mins to an hour. Seemed fine on movies and normal stuff. Finally I got tired of it and took the advice of a respected technician and replaced the video card. I went from a GT 630 to a GTX 1050, and the first time I logged in to STO it said it had reconfigured my graphics settings to the default for my new hardware configuration....wow, problem was solved for me, it seems like an entirely new game.

• vicormavicorma Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Thanks for the responce.
    Hera%20squad%20logo1a.png