test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Traitor is back

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10455803-featured-episode:-survivor
I was beginning to wonder what had happened to her im curious also if this is part of the new upcoming series or part of the existing one?
0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    "What did you call me?"
    843386bd85bdda81cc5dfb6f1928a7db4ff9490241986cf5d82d03bc9249b535.jpg
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Shoooot her!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Eff that Bee.

But does she give cool stuff?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Whats funny is that I recal certain sites way back when revealing this episode was originally supposed to happen during the Future Proof arc, but it got axed from that arc due to it not fitting in it real well.

This mission was supposed to pre-date AoY.

Interesting to see them sit on it for so long and actually bring it back.

I was asking the same question myself. It sure doesn't fit anywhere with the Lukari or Tzenkethi? pig-39.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited April 2017
    Maybe it'll be a Yesterday's War mission since it involves Daniels.
    #TASforSTO
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator

Maybe... unless they somehow tie it into the current arc with some reference to the Genesis Device.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Hopefully she learned something, especially humility and compassion.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    She's a wanted war criminal, I'd have her arrested on sight
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
      Typhon pact anyone?
    • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
      My Rommie will happily help her out like a true Romulan should.
    • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
      My KDF/ROMS both have a nice disrupter pistol set to kill especially for her or a nice space walk without an environmental suit.

Tis about time she got the same treatment Hakeev got at the end of Cutting the Cord.
      maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    • seeroneseerone Member Posts: 11 Arc User
      Just kill her already!
      Hopefully she learned something, especially humility and compassion.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaIyvfRYef8
      #TASforSTO
    • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
      edited April 2017
      I was beginning to wonder what had happened to her

I just thought she was wandering the woods w/ Hillary Clinton after her loss too. :D

• dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
      edited April 2017
      Denise Crosby is freakin' awesome. Sela, on the other hand just needs to die already. If I could have, I would have just left her to die with the Elachi.
      https://youtu.be/JvjJcaVJlH0
    • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
      Sela is one of those characters that will die of old age. I would love to see a Sela vs. Mirror Leeta arc. Can't wait to meet up with Sela again. :)
      18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    • reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
      Nice. I always thought they should have done more with Sela. I hope that they will do even more with her.
    • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
      I am hoping this means we have more plasma based rewards coming, most of all if that means a mission based plasma omni beam. I am hoping this is the case, since when she popped up before in a mission we got a plasma based set of ground items, so a set of plasma based space rewards would follow suit I think. It does sound like maybe Sela has been dealing with T'ket coming for revenge for what she tried to do in the past.
    • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
      So we are getting 2 episodes in April? The Survivors episode this week and Mirrors and Smoke at the end of the month with Season 13.
    • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
      asuran14 wrote: »
      I am hoping this means we have more plasma based rewards coming, most of all if that means a mission based plasma omni beam.

Dont't get your hopes up, the quantum phase & nausicaan sets would also have been their chance to gives us omnis but they decided against that. Dosen't look like we'll ever get to slot 2 omni phaser/disruptor/plasma beams.
      Im hoping this is the beggining of the typhon pact she is just the type of charismatic person to do it, if she is gathering whats left of her power base it wont be on the side of good.
      reyan01 wrote: »
      Im hoping this is the beggining of the typhon pact she is just the type of charismatic person to do it, if she is gathering whats left of her power base it wont be on the side of good.

Hmm - don't know. As I recall, the Typhon Pact consisted of: The Romulan Star Empire, Tzenkethi Coalition, Breen Confederacy, Gorn Hegemony, Tholian Assembly and the Holy Order of the Kinshaya.

- Romulan Star Empire: I guess what is left of it might be able to become a member and perhaps even the founding member.
      - Tzenkethi Coalition: seem more interested in blowing crystals up for reasons as yet unknown.
      - Breen: No reason they couldn't join
      - Gorn: Allied with the KDF, although I guess we have had whispers of discontent, as seen in one of the Luakri (dev) blogs
      - Tholians: whilst I have a hard time seeing them cooperate with anyone, I guess this isn't impossible.
      - Holy Order of the Kinshaya: canon only to the books and therefore would not necessarily have to be included and could be substituted with another race.

There are gorn seperatists who dont accept the KDFs rile and wsh to restablish the hegemony

Breen we havent seen much of them since the deferi TRIBBLE so possible

Tholians its possible but unlikley since they dont like humanoids period but still a mutual enemy makes for strange bed fellows

The holy order could be replaced by the true way who definatley would be insterested in something that might restablish the obsidian order on cardassia prime.

As far as 1 and 2

It says in the blog that sela is gatering whats left of her power base and you know aswell as i do it wont be on the side of good

The tzenkethi are blowing up crystals but the thing is they didnt want conflict with us till we interfered with something they perceive as a threat, so i can see the tzenkethi joining.
    • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User

But isn't Daniels, ehm, homeostatically challenged by now? Well, at least for a given value of "now" - but he deteriorates through said ark, so if they don't put him smack in the middle...
      reyan01 wrote: »
      - Gorn: Allied with the KDF, although I guess we have had whispers of discontent, as seen in one of the Luakri (dev) blogs

While there is a Gorn independence movement (cf. doff missions, amongst other things), I always thought people read too much in this single line by the badass ambassador. I may be mistaken, but I don't think it was meant that way.
      My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
      edited April 2017
      asuran14 wrote: »
      I am hoping this means we have more plasma based rewards coming...
      What would be nice would be more flavors of plasma-disruptor hybrid. 'Past Imperfect' offers them in beam array flavor; this mission could be a clearinghouse for the rest (DBB, cannons, turrets, ODB)... and that's before considering the possibility of the offerings being personal gear.

Extra credit if that outfit is included.
      It does sound like maybe Sela has been dealing with T'ket coming for revenge for what she tried to do in the past.
      Oh yes, that particular loose end. It'd be most unwise to forget completely about it...
    • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
      The Typhon Pact grew in the aftermath of the Federation having been nearly wiped out, struggling to handle a massive humanitarian and economic crisis with a Starfleet that was in shambles. That isn't at all the case in STO, we got off pretty light in the Iconian War. The Typhon Pact is also solely part of the Pocket continuity, and not covered under Cryptic's license from CBS, so the rights are tricky. Certain novel elements like Mac Calhoun and the Vesta-class are in game, but they may have been able to negotiate those specific things directly with Peter David and Mark Rademaker.
      ssog-maco-sig.jpg
    • dheffernandheffernan Member Posts: 93 Arc User
      Sela is emblematic of Cryptic's inability to distinguish between good and bad writing.

She's a war criminal responsible for billions of deaths. The sentient rights violations she committed as Empress actually pale in comparison, as horrifying as they were. Yet they keep acting as if anyone would give her anything but a quick death.

Pro tip: there is such a thing as the Moral Event Horizon and characters like Sela have pole-vaulted over it.
      @Venture-1. @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that. Yes, that Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. You'll have to be specific; for me it was Tuesday.