test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you Screenshot?

I already know Prt Scr stores a .jpg in your ...\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots folder but those are pure scenery no UI etc. I also know there's a command line version that allows you to take single UI screenshots, but what I want to be able to do is screenshot some infocards. If I mouseover gear it lists all the specs and I'd like to capture this info to study outside STO. Anyone know how to do that? It's probably idiotically simple but ... :/

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    While I'm pretty sure you can print the screen with the UI with a command (I think it's /screenshot_ui or something close: http://sto.gamepedia.com/List_of_console_commands ), if you have the Steam overlay, you can use it as well, or use any other screenshot-taking software like Gadwin PrintScreen.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    If you push PrtSc, you can switch to an app like Paint or Photoshop, and paste the screenshot into there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Pull out your phone, point it at the screen and...
  • cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    What rattler2 said.
    V
    Post edited by cactolith on
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Well... There should be an in game method or two, one of which might be /screenshot in the chatbox. Don't quote me on it though, I haven't done that in a while. There is also the PrtScn option, AND... if you're running through Steam, a hotkey through Steam as well. I got mine set to F11 as F12 kinda conflicts with an in game keybind.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)