test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rihannsu and tlhInghan Hol names

mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
I just want to give kudos for whoever is responsible for doing the lookup for most of the ship class names so that they actually make sense as Romulan and Klingon names.

Now could someone go and revisit the random ship name tables and other such places and remove the obvious nonsensical entries that don't even use the right letters (especially for Klingons)?

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    The "generic" names are pulled from all the names that the gamers create, i know, because i invented a very precise name for one ship, that means a lot to me, and a few months later, i saw it on another ship, and later on others.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    The "generic" names are pulled from all the names that the gamers create, i know, because i invented a very precise name for one ship, that means a lot to me, and a few months later, i saw it on another ship, and later on others.
    Considering I've never seen a single non-thematic default name on a ship, no they aren't.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    My thread is always open if anyone wants a ship name translated.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I am fairly certain that the default names are drawn from a list that hasn't changed since launch. The players you saw simply had the same idea as you.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou