test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pistol Damage Increase?

antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
I saw in the patch notes, there was a Pistol damage increase. Anyone know how much it was?

Comments

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Whatever it was it is pretty minor. I am looking at my epic Federation Type 2 Phaser (Wide) Mk XIV [CritD], [CrtH]x2 [Dm/CrH] [Dmg] and I see 58.9 Phaser Damage x2 (162.4 DPS). I don't recall what it was before, but it was already in the high 50's for phaser damage and low 160's for DPS.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Funny, cause aren't pistols some of the stronger weapons already? Sure the range is shorter, but they hit harder than many assault weapons.
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    My Science toon runs an Elachi Compression Pistol (Lockbox, not Lobi) and it does plenty fine damage. I'll gladly take a damage and range decrease to not have to sit through the 5 hour long (exaggerating) animation of a Sniper Rifle secondary. He gets 2k crits with it too.
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Funny, cause aren't pistols some of the stronger weapons already? Sure the range is shorter, but they hit harder than many assault weapons.
    By the numbers, pistols do less damage per shot than the rifles or assault weapons (excluding the unique pistol type weapons). The larger factor is the cooldown period between shots on the larger weapons. This really drags down the performance of the assault rifle, minigun and blast assault compared to pistols.