test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch notes?

Hey all, I cannot seem to find the patch notes for today anywhere.
Have they been posted somewhere and I missed them or are they just not up yet?
(Normally don't they have them up much sooner then 15 min before the servers are supposed to come back up?)

Comments

• zerosinderzerosinder Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    O I get it now. I see they just extended downtime by an hour. Awesome :pensive:
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    If you're on the PC, then there are no patches for PC. Consoles are getting patched and the link to those notes are in the announcement thread in Galactic News Networl.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    PS4 is being patched and a link to the post for those are in the announcement post. PC, XBox are not being patched but apparently they've taken everything down because they're working on the servers. So no "patch" for that.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    The servers / network that support the PC players are being upgraded. It's a good thing. That said, strange that it is taking so long.
    Ahh great ty. I am on the PC. Sucks the servers gotta come down for the PC if they are just doing a console update.
    Are the console and PC versions of the game using the same servers? Also can a console player be on the same team (for a mission or whatever) as a PC player?
    No, and no.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    There are none.. it clearly states its for server upgrades. Twitter states xbox and ps4 are complete and PC coming soon.. edit:thanks @fruitvendor12. the launcher is seemingly the only place they mention the new time so far
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    Today's maintenance is more physical than the usual routine server maintenance they usually do on patch days. What they're doing is that they're likely replacing parts on the PC servers or upgrading them, which takes quite a bit of time considering they are doing Neverwinter and Champions Online as well. Think of the servers as your own computer, just on a bigger scale.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    PC maintenance was in fact extended by an hour. Original competition time on the launcher was initially Noon PST and was revised a few hours in to 1pm PST.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,613 Arc User
    zerosinder wrote: »
    Hey all, I cannot seem to find the patch notes for today anywhere.
    Have they been posted somewhere and I missed them or are they just not up yet?
    (Normally don't they have them up much sooner then 15 min before the servers are supposed to come back up?)

Did you read the maintenance announcement in the Galactic News subforum?

".All three Cryptic games will be having maintenance tomorrow, 2/21, starting at 6am PST. For Star Trek Online, that means that PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4 will all be down for maintenance from 6am PST to around 12pm PST. During this time, we will be applying a patch to Playstation 4 only. You can find those patch notes here."

Now you know. Half the battle. YO JOE!
    You forgot "And knowing is half the battle" :pensive:
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    'And now you know the rest of the story.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns