test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New arena of sompek event

First impressions yalls? I think this one looks like its gonna be interesting for sure.. looks to be different from our normal faire.

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    A ground No Win Scenario could be a nice change of pace, at least for my engineers. My TOS captain has been waiting for an excuse to try out his Nomad and Methuselah drones :)
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    I love those drones. Heh so fun
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I'm not a huge fan of ground combat in STO, but if the rewards are decent I'm definitely gonna play it a few times. That being said I would have prefered the return of space No Win scenario instead.
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Sounds to me like it will mostly be a frantic button mashing event lol

Having said that, the "arena" thing in the The Undying mission was sort of fun.
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    Perfect place for my Kligat of doom!...oh wait..thats getting nerfed.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    darakoss wrote: »
    Now, all that is missing is it making a squeaky noise when it bounces off a foe and hit the ground.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    100 waves. This is going to be fun
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Now, all that is missing is it making a squeaky noise when it bounces off a foe and hit the ground.

Or like the jokers gun when he pulls the trigger and a flag pops out saying bang
    you toss the kligat and instead of a kligat a bunch of confetti with a flag saying "yu ar now haz ben keeled"
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Well we all knew Kligat was going to get nerfed.
  • xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    i hope the tzenkethi be there they look really bad TRIBBLE enemy and hope on some point the disable all kits and just let use melee weapons XD
    nexus.jpg

• thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    I hope they leave this in.. that you can enter solo or with a team in the holodecks ..
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Perhaps they are using this as a test bed to see what other kind of changes they may want to make to Ground. Coincidence we get a Ground PVE Queue Event now. 100 Rounds. This may be a very long Queue, indeed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jayceardenjaycearden Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    My whole STO life has been leading up to this moment. <3
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    unless it has some seriously epic reward, I won't bother more than once or twice. Sounds interesting but event>event>event>event>event>event>event>event>event>event> has left me a bit tired of it all
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Getting so much lag that any difficult ground play is not really doable, I've given up switching to aim mode for extra deeps.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    I just wish i didn't teh suck at ground combat. If i read it right there is no rez or respawn
    Spock.jpg

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I just wish i didn't teh suck at ground combat. If i read it right there is no rez or respawn

I wonder if we can revive others as long as one of us is still alive?
  • imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    It'd make the Paradox Corrector useful.
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User

Hmm, from my testing it does not seem like the best choice for waves of targets. Sure, it hits ridiculosly hard, but only on one target at a time. If my kligat is hitting for 3k on a target that only needs 800 to kill it, and my Boolean/mines/mortars/transphasic/flash freeze/exothermic/etc can hit multiple targets or an entire area at a time for deadly damage, why take up the slot?
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    I hope they leave this in.. that you can enter solo or with a team in the holodecks ..

Finally a way to use the 'holodeck' excuse for content...it feels like an official foundry mission.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    tobiashirt wrote: »

Hmm, from my testing it does not seem like the best choice for waves of targets. Sure, it hits ridiculosly hard, but only on one target at a time. If my kligat is hitting for 3k on a target that only needs 800 to kill it, and my Boolean/mines/mortars/transphasic/flash freeze/exothermic/etc can hit multiple targets or an entire area at a time for deadly damage, why take up the slot?

yep, ST stuff is going to be at a SEVERE disadvantage here...kind of like it is in every other part of the game where the more AoE you (and everyone else in teamed content) have, the better and faster the mission goes​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User

yep, ST stuff is going to be at a SEVERE disadvantage here...kind of like it is in every other part of the game where the more AoE you (and everyone else in teamed content) have, the better and faster the mission goes​​

I think it'll depend on how they structure the waves. If any have an emphasis on a small set of big targets than single-target builds will still have a use on the team.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    It will be glorious, I will run it many times especially with my KDF toon.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    How many people have realized they are going to look at the logs for the 20 or so most successful runs and then nerf what people use?

Since the things they nerf are likely to be just the herald staff and other OP AF weapons I'm not worried

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    How many people have realized they are going to look at the logs for the 20 or so most successful runs and then nerf what people use?
    I think it should be obvious to most given the timing of it lol
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Said that already way at the top of the Thread.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    Given Cryptic's record of late with buggy releases, does anyone expect this new event to actually work?

I give it 50/50, it should be easier than a battlezone to program after all.

I might try it once. Ground combat in this game isn't my happy zone.