test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Off topic PSA

mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
I know there is a lot of young players here so I thought I would point this out here.

Don't run from the police.

No matter how much you think they are wrong and you are right. No matter how much you think you are invincible.
No matter how healthy and strong you are. Breaking your neck and spending the next 8 months in ICU, then dying isn't worth it. No matter how fast and maneuverable that ATV is. No matter how quick your reflexes are, you might not notice that ditch. The ground might be wet. The brakes might not work well. You might have been drinking.

It's not worth it.

Comments

• lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    :|
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    belongs in ten forward :P
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    oookay? O.o
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    **Forum new low unlocked!**
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User

Ten Forward is "Introduce yourself, share fan art, fan fiction, and make friends"...not related.

Ten Forward is "Introduce yourself, share fan art, fan fiction, and make friends"...not related.

it is also the only 'off topic' board.... conversely, as azrael said, this is for STO only. It even says so in the description:
    STAR TREK ONLINE GENERAL DISCUSSION This forum is for both the general discussion and feedback related to Star Trek Online

it is also the only 'off topic' board.... conversely, as azrael said, this is for STO only. It even says so in the description:
    STAR TREK ONLINE GENERAL DISCUSSION This forum is for both the general discussion and feedback related to Star Trek Online

Well considering that the title says "off topic" you have 3 options.
    you can A- as a grown man/woman say "Sorry for your loss" or "Yes, I agree"
    or B- as a child say "oh noes! someone posted something I don't wan't to read even though I clicked on it!" and whine.
    C- not click on it.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    Sorry for your loss.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    azrael605 wrote: »
    D- note this is against the forum rules for this section and flag for mods.

You guys are out of your minds. There is post of after post....thousands...that is nothing but total TRIBBLE but if someone posts about a personal issue that might save lives "oh dear god no! flag it!! get rid of it!"
    Rules are rules

My guess is that after 4000 posts you have broken a rule or two as well. But of course, rules are rules, and an off-topic comment about my best friend dying from a broken neck isn't worthy of showing up in your sanctified forum eh?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Life tips #2:

Stock index mutual funds and ETFs. Do not trade individual stocks, do not invest in "actively managed" stock picker funds. Buy and hold stock Index funds from a low-expense company like Vanguard for decades and get rich slowly.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Life tips #3:

Stay out of credit card debt. If you can't afford something that you just want instead of really need then wait. If you pay off your cards every month instead of carrying a balance then you can afford more of the things you need and want.
    @mirrorterran

When I have broken rules, I have been punished for it, when I posted a thread in the wrong forum section it has been moved, and I never complained about any of it.

Since I have never complained, or even broken the rules as far as I know, I will take whatever punishment I receive. However, I think everyone here needs to think about their replies, and consider whether it was appropriate and how it most likely applies to yourself.

The intent of the post still applies and I would bet that there are those that still need the advice. Those that don't should either keep quiet, say good luck, or thank me for giving them the time to comment.

If you consider yourself God among men, good luck to you but don't encourage young boys to follow you in your foolishness please.
    D- note this is against the forum rules for this section and flag for mods.

And inform the OP so he doesn't make the mistake twice
    My cat got sick n died, had a great aunt slip into a diabetic coma and go brain dead for the better part of two weeks before finally expiring and my grandfather passed last saturday. Great fun these last two weeks around here! Life's a beeotch and then ya die.
    And I'm sorry to hear about your friend but bad **** happens in everyone's life. When I was a teenager one of my friends died suddenly in her sleep. A few years ago one of my daughters was in kindergarten and a friend of hers was struck and killed by a car. My oldest daughter required 36 stitches after being attacked by her grandfather's dog (ex- father- in- law). I could flood the forum with cautionary tales if I chose to, but I'd not do it in general discussion.

And none of that has anything to do with your own personal behavior, which was my intent. Do you not see the difference? It is absolutely ridiculous that I have to go out of my way to try to SAVE LIVES and people have to whine and complain that I have posted in the wrong forum. Do I have to make a diagram?
    But hey, I'm sure this is the part where the moderator shows up to tell me that this topic doesn't belong here so you win. Good luck with real life.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2017
    Come on guys, even I've posted in the wrong forum from time to time in my 6000+ posts. Give him a break. Mod can move it later to Ten Forward. It's not the end of the world.
    its certainly trending in a direction that'll get it locked, not moved.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Moved to more appropriate section. Also would like to note to several people here - if something is in a section where it doesn't belong, we have a report button. Backseat moderating and attacking the OP is not appreciated. Thank you.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Okay. So your friend ran from the police and died because of it. I am indeed sorry for your friend's death.

But what is the point of posting something like this here on the STO Forums? Would it not be better to go to high schools and universities to preach against such action? Who does it serve for you to post something like this? The memory of your friend or your own emotions about this topic? Because you posted something on the Internet where a lot of people can see it, does it really count as activism? Or it is self serving to make yourself feel better?

A real friend would have taken the keys from him before he got in the car. A true friend would have told him/her to "Call me whenever you think you're too drunk to drive. Even if it turns out you're not." Everyone here has sad stories to share. ALL of us have something unpleasant in our lives which we fervently wish we did not. Your posts are you trying to earn some sympathy off of the death of your friend. Which does nothing at all to honor his/her memory. Further, it makes the topic all about you and how you feel.

Three suggestions:
    1) Google "friendship".
    2) Google "activism"
    3) Start a GoFundMe page to help support lessons about the dangers of drinking and driving.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.