test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Orion ships on the way??

With the recent release of the new Gorn ships, I'm really hoping they will come out with T6 Orion ships! I think it's a good sign. What do you all think?

Comments

• thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    I would love this .. does the Orion ship have an Orion bridge? I just made an Orion.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    No Orion bridges for player ships so far. Marauder has been in the game forever as a playable ship, no Orion bridge even from that.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    My Orion loves her Marauder. It isn't a really good ship though, boff and console layout makes it kind of a "jack of no trades, master of even less". So a simple T6 update probably won't do.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    The Fleet Corsair is nothing to write home about. I've tried making a drain boat out of it, but I think I'm going to have to wait for a T6 Warbarge Dreadnought.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    It's also not the most attractive ship. We could use new Orion ships for sure!
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I'd be in favor of this. Just use the TOS Orion bridge set for the bridge pack like the AoY ships have.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    One of the current Orion ships looks like a fat space Guinea pig.​​

The design of the Orion ships were horrible, and Space Guinea Pig is an apt description. Won't touch it.

But if they did the TOS one, I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

The design of the Orion ships were horrible, and Space Guinea Pig is an apt description. Won't touch it.

If they did the TOS one it'd be in Schrodinger's Lockbox. The item is both available and deleted at the same time until someone uses a master key to open the Lockbox. At that point it's a 50/50 chance on getting the item or watching it get eaten by a tribble and deleting it.
    nimbull wrote: »

If they did the TOS one it'd be in Schrodinger's Lockbox. The item is both available and deleted at the same time until someone uses a master key to open the Lockbox. At that point it's a 50/50 chance on getting the item or watching it get eaten by a tribble and deleting it.

Off hand, those are much better odds than I'd expect from a lockbox.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2017

What? You think Hassan's Warbarge is ugly? That's all the reason I need to fly it. :D

Since peeps are curious.... My Orion ships I would setup as EptX spam builds. They've got plenty of Eng slots for it. Then throw on FaW and TT and spam FaW until the enemy things die. IE I flew it like a heavy cruiser.... with a flight deck.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited February 2017

It is if you think it's just the ship. I'm talking everything in the box. So there's a 50/50 chance of getting nothing after spending a master key cause it got deleted. No lobi, nada.. empty box.

It is if you think it's just the ship. I'm talking everything in the box. So there's a 50/50 chance of getting nothing after spending a master key cause it got deleted. No lobi, nada.. empty box.

Really? Ok, haven't seen that but I never done much in the way of lockboxes so I wouldn't know.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    guinea pig is a bit too generous, tumor-ships is my descriptive of them
    guinea pig is a bit too generous, tumor-ships is my descriptive of them

Orion Party Van cause it sure did drive like a van.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure that one of them is a peanut.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If an iconic ship like the NX Refit did not get its own Bridge, not much hope for any Orion Ship to get one.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2017
    I'd like to see honestly CRYPTIC developing Klingon Ships that take 2/3 of their design elements from Klingon style's and merge the other 1/3 from the Gorn to see how CREATIVE they could get. After all if all Factions are merging into one in the 31st Century you'd think new versions of GORN ship's should be heavily influenced by Klingon & Gorn designer's as members of the same faction under the Klingon Banner.

I'd suggest something similar for Andorians or Caitians on the FED side as well; with 2/3 inspired from Fed Designs with 1/3 or 1/2 or some similar or equal merger as each factions allies grow more closely linked. :) Before finally in the 31st Century we see 3 ships possible others under one banner.
    0zxlclk.png
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I loved my Fleet Corsair, a lot of good times in it, I'd love a T6 Orion ship. Either a FDC or even a full carrier, I mean I have a bunch of Orion pets I can use with it.
    I wonder what Star Fleet and Romulan ships it should be paired with?

What major T5 cruisers haven't seen an update to Tier 6 yet?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    star cruiser and...i think the only romulan ship that hasn't been T6'd yet is the dhelan, and that isn't a cruiser​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    The original Star Cruisers and Support Cruisers. I'm leaning towards Star Cruisers, but I think they should alter the name so as not to be confused with the Odyssesy Star Cruisers.

The Star Cruiser is just a better shape for being a FDC.

I hope they have an interesting boff specialization, maybe something new.
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Wouldn't mind the Brigand to be playable:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Brigand_Cruiser

Essentially the Marauder without the ugly addons on the front.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Actually you could go the starfleet heavy cruiser (http://sto.gamepedia.com/Heavy_Cruiser), or even still the support an star cruiser would be nice too. FOr the romulan side yeah I think they would need to make a new variant of the warbird battlecruiser maybe a heavy or light variant that combines aspects of one of the warbirds into the D'D design.

Though another idea might be to make a new Warbird battle-cruiser that like the recent multi-mission explorer for romulans uses a non-romulan design. Like I could see them taking the Scimitar that was developed by a joint romulan an remen team originally, and then adapting aspects of it to make a fully remen battle-cruiser. There is also the idea of the romulans working with the Vulcans to make a new battle-cruiser that has more elements of Vulcan design in it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Would it be towed away as...?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    If an iconic ship like the NX Refit did not get its own Bridge, not much hope for any Orion Ship to get one.
    Well, one of the AoY missions involved a TOS Orion interior sooo...... maybe?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    It's love to get a nicely designed T6 maurauder. Since they gave it to us for free awhile back I'm using it on one of my alts and I enjoy it for what it is.
    ltminns wrote: »
    Would it be towed away as...?

I hesitate to say. The last known person to cast such an aspersion got in a fistfight with one Montgomery Scott, which any galactic historian can tell you is a bad place to be.​​

Mr. Scott wasn't know for defending ships other than his own, plus even if he did get involve I imagine the Orion Ladies reaction to have a bunch of tribbles beam to their ship may be significant different than the Klingon reaction...