test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Great Opportunity in the Balance Changes...

gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
We can finally have space combat adjusted to be more Star Trek like, with fewer but stronger enemies.

No more fleets of enemy ships per player ship.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."

Comments

• Options
    xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    :D i see more bugs incoming :D
    nexus.jpg

• Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    xayss wrote: »

I...umm...yeah I got nothing to counter that with.

g-rfTF.gif

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    We can finally have space combat adjusted to be more Star Trek like, with fewer but stronger enemies.

You will be disappointed.

They're talking about adjusting certain skills and items, you're wishing for a total revamp of the game.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options

You will be disappointed.

They're talking about adjusting certain skills and items, you're wishing for a total revamp of the game.

Just space.

• Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited February 2017

That would be great, but I don't think it's likely. That would mean changing every mission and queue in the game. Most likely they'll just try to get it to the state before powercreep went insane and enabled people to one man elite queues. Hopefully after the fix I won't be able to destroy the Crystalline Entity before it gets a pulse off.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    xayss wrote: »

There is always 100% chance of that. Heck, I think yesterday someone spotted a bug with something they supposedly patched this week.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Its a balance pass, not a game revamp OP, besides space combat in STO is quite similar to the big battles of DS9.

The big battles of DS9 had similar numbers of allied ships, in STO we have 5 allied ships vs 500 enemy ships or something stupid like that.

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    fewer exploding mirandas too
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    fewer exploding mirandas too

I feel bad for those Mirandas. Cause look how long they stayed side by side to the USS defiant in the angels run before they were destroyed. Alot tougher than people give them credit for I feel.

Especially that beat up one during the first offense. The ship was still flying, even under attack from those weapon platforms, with it missing most of its hull, and she was still fighting! before being disabled/destroyed :)

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    ...to get us ready for T7!!!
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    I'll add that if we weren't always forced to fight entire fleets of enemy ships BFAW would suddenly look a lot less attractive.

• Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Cute post op.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

I'd be done with STO at that point. All the money spent on T5 ships and now T6 only to rehash at T7? I can't even upgrade T5's I bought to T6 level unless it's a whole new ship and not just T5-U. I don't even want to think of T7's.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    nimbull wrote: »

I'd be done with STO at that point. All the money spent on T5 ships and now T6 only to rehash at T7? I can't even upgrade T5's I bought to T6 level unless it's a whole new ship and not just T5-U. I don't even want to think of T7's.

they're inevitable unless cryptic finally wakes up to all the other options an in-game cash shop can sell. Considering they don't even have or sell many purely cosmetic outfits in NWO.... get ready for t7.
  • Options

they're inevitable unless cryptic finally wakes up to all the other options an in-game cash shop can sell. Considering they don't even have or sell many purely cosmetic outfits in NWO.... get ready for t7.

They woke up to science actually selling and now Romulans have some really cool sci warbird options. I wouldn't rule out them waking up to other cash shop options.

• Options

They woke up to science actually selling and now Romulans have some really cool sci warbird options. I wouldn't rule out them waking up to other cash shop options.

after finally a t6 connie/d7/t'liss I am almost inclined to agree.... however the method for distributing said zomg demand items leaves me quite pessimistic
  • Options
    after finally a t6 connie/d7/t'liss I am almost inclined to agree.... however the method for distributing said zomg demand items leaves me quite pessimistic

I am referring to the Research Warbird and the "Romuvestas" all zen store.

• Options

I am referring to the Research Warbird and the "Romuvestas" all zen store.

I know what you refer to, and yes they are sexy, with sexy space magic rings and all. I referred to something else that keeps me very wary of Cryptic waking up to realities.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Yep. Iconic ships got the T6 treatment. Beloved in game ships got the T6 treatment. While there is always the possibility of adding another specialization as a gimmick, the "sure sells" are mostly done.

And while I think they sold well - after all, the production quality has been on the increase - any future ships probably need to sell on gameplay merits. Which just could mean power creep again. Everybody who wants to has their T6 ships for their toons, and new better ships don't improve too much compared to others so far. And while I also think that the game got way better with DR and subsequent releases, I am not looking forward to anything T7 and all the related stuff it would bring.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    I am not looking forward to anything T7 and all the related stuff it would bring.
    I am pretty sure Cryptic already confirmed several times they aren't going to raise the level cap or do T7's.

They did - and it would be a hassle to rearrange a lot of stuff. Then again, they did with the caveat of "anytime soon" IIRC. Which wouldn't be now. But other expansions of gameplay can grow stale. Another reputation cluttering up windows? I like the story in general, I like the new PvEs, but I am afraid they will not bring in the cash for long.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    I am not looking forward to anything T7 and all the related stuff it would bring.
    I am pretty sure Cryptic already confirmed several times they aren't going to raise the level cap or do T7's.

They did - and it would be a hassle to rearrange a lot of stuff. Then again, they did with the caveat of "anytime soon" IIRC. Which wouldn't be now. But other expansions of gameplay can grow stale. Another reputation cluttering up windows? I like the story in general, I like the new PvEs, but I am afraid they will not bring in the cash for long.

they also said 'never' to endgame connie