test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it finally time for Infected Space ELITE - requesting Infected: The Conduit (Elite)

Infected: The Conduit (Advanced), or ISA as most of us call it, is one of the most popular space PVE queues. It provides a good challenge but is simple enough for most pug groups to handle as long as most of the team knows what they're doing.

The problem is that power creep is starting to ruin this PVE queue and we NEED an "elite" queue with harder enemies and better rewards for the high-end DPS players.

To be fair, I'm part of the problem since I have a couple of builds that can regularly break 100K DPS in ISA ... but there are more and more players doing that all the time and even some players going past 200K DPS in ISA.

This is a problem for pug queues for many reasons but I'll mention the top three (in my opinion).

First, if a 150K+ player joins a pug queue of ISA he or she can pretty much solo ISA so quickly that other players barely have a chance to move their ships around the map before the PVE is finished.

Second, new players can pretty much just jump into ISA pug queues, rely on a High DPS player to do most of the work, and then collect rewards at the end ... without ever understanding what they need to do to be successful at ISA. That means whenever they jump into a pug queue without a player doing 100K+ those noobs don't know what to do and ruin the queue for other players.

Third, the high DPS players are getting BORED, and boredom is something game developers need to avoid.

I think most of the frequent STO players would welcome the addition of "ISE" or Infected Space Elite ... let players earn more rewards if they can handle more ships (and tougher ships). Maybe the devs can even give "stacking" rewards similar to the Crystalline Catastrophe queue where the player with the highest DPS gets two random Very Rare items, the player with the second highest DPS gets one Very Rare item, and the player with the third highest DPS gets one Rare item. Just to make it interesting, if you have to respawn in ISE the respawn time is TWICE the normal respawn time so you suffer a greater penalty on your DPS. Again, these bonus rewards would only be for the Elite queue.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.

Comments

• Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Infected: The Conduit (Advanced), or ISA as most of us call it, is one of the most popular space PVE queues. It provides a good challenge but is simple enough for most pug groups to handle as long as most of the team knows what they're doing.

The problem is that power creep is starting to ruin this PVE queue and we NEED an "elite" queue with harder enemies and better rewards for the high-end DPS players.

To be fair, I'm part of the problem since I have a couple of builds that can regularly break 100K DPS in ISA ... but there are more and more players doing that all the time and even some players going past 200K DPS in ISA.

This is a problem for pug queues for many reasons but I'll mention the top three (in my opinion).

First, if a 150K+ player joins a pug queue of ISA he or she can pretty much solo ISA so quickly that other players barely have a chance to move their ships around the map before the PVE is finished.

Second, new players can pretty much just jump into ISA pug queues, rely on a High DPS player to do most of the work, and then collect rewards at the end ... without ever understanding what they need to do to be successful at ISA. That means whenever they jump into a pug queue without a player doing 100K+ those noobs don't know what to do and ruin the queue for other players.

Third, the high DPS players are getting BORED, and boredom is something game developers need to avoid.

I think most of the frequent STO players would welcome the addition of "ISE" or Infected Space Elite ... let players earn more rewards if they can handle more ships (and tougher ships). Maybe the devs can even give "stacking" rewards similar to the Crystalline Catastrophe queue where the player with the highest DPS gets two random Very Rare items, the player with the second highest DPS gets one Very Rare item, and the player with the third highest DPS gets one Rare item. Just to make it interesting, if you have to respawn in ISE the respawn time is TWICE the normal respawn time so you suffer a greater penalty on your DPS. Again, these bonus rewards would only be for the Elite queue.

Seconded (this is also one of the reasons I tend to look down on people who use Antiproton weapons, exclusively for their strategic advantage).
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    malvthemanmalvtheman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    or we could rebalance the fundamentals of the game and hear the glorious cries from all those Deeps Kiddies.
  • Options
    thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    It feels odd that the original STFs have not gotten some more attention in this regard. They probably use an older design scheme and are tough to modify. While we wait for that, why not play one of the other Elite queues? Plenty of parsing opportunities elsewhere :)
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!