test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Peter Capaldi just confirmed he's leaving Doctor Who

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Shame. I'd have loved to see what he could do without Moffat's scripts.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Shame. I'd have loved to see what he could do without Moffat's scripts.

Looks like the only way that'll happen now is with a multi-Doctor Story or a Big Finish Audio Drama (though the latter is probably a ways off)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Who???
    Yes.

So, they're going to be needing a new Doctor, eh? You know, Hayley Atwell's between jobs at the moment...​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Who???
    Yes.

So, they're going to be needing a new Doctor, eh? You know, Hayley Atwell's between jobs at the moment...​​

There've been 2 non-canonical female Doctor's before, so anything's possible
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    So long as they dont americanis the series im fine.

all joking aside a female doc would be a nice change of pace :)

[Removed some reeeeally flame-able parts of the post]
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    jonsills wrote: »
    Who???
    Yes.

Not a bad choice but I think Jaime Murray pretty much already played the Doctor when she was H.G. Wells on Warehouse 13.

994a12ecd34e06e2e23175a28f3c12f0.jpg

I am also very ok with them choosing Idris Elba

abd3292b6d92d499aa57a82b87e4a39d51653a7b7cfdc1b9569f825891238ad4.jpg

Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The Doctor's personality and looks change with each new iteration so we could end up with Doctor Frank-N-Furter as Doctor Who.
    the-hardest-rocky-horror-picture-show-quiz-you-ll-take
  • bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Doctor's personality and looks change with each new iteration so we could end up with Doctor Frank-N-Furter as Doctor Who.

I don't know if that particular character would be a good idea for Dr. Who, but Tim Curry would have made for a fun Doctor

Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    bwleon7 wrote: »
    starkaos wrote: »

I don't know if that particular character would be a good idea for Dr. Who, but Tim Curry would have made for a fun Doctor
    I think he'd make a better Master. The Master can be weird like that (Curry's Frank was menacing as well, but it got lost in the camp of RHPS); it would only work for the Doctor as a comic-relief single episode.

Also, Tim Curry without that character can get downright scary. Ever see his turn as a villain on "Criminal Minds"?​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    I found him to low energy for the role, but hey in the line of WHO, not everyone can top the Tom Baker standard
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Hey, here's a thought, how about Damian Lewis? They'd finally let the Doctor be ginger like Ten(nant) wanted in "The Christmas Invasion".

On the other hand, how about Alexander Siddig?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/