test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't access New Romulus reputation missions

rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
edited January 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
At Secrets Of The Ancients and Secret Shuttle Codes, I can't get access to the missions. The civilians who give them say they have nothing for me at this time. I have completed tier IV of the reputation.
giphy.gif
Member since December 2009

Comments

• skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    you have to reply to the missions they go with.

shuttle codes you'll have to reply mountain pass mission on new rom

can't remember the other one
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Beside what the poster above me said.

I'd recommend you to play the IV mission together with the V one when you get V - both are in same place, otherwise you probably would have to redo it for being credited for tier V (J -> Episodes -> New Romulus (last mission "The Power Source"?) -> Replay)

While I think that other mission you need for IV and V tiers is the last New Romulus mission, I am unsure. (The Power Source). This can be checked later.

Anyway, if it was ever played, you would have to replay (better together for tier IV and V) it as noted for that to be considered for reputation. BTW, for doing the last reputation, you may take/re-take all NR beside the 1st one just in case, if unsure. (You may chose to skip to get to any quest there after the 1st quest was done)

Do not leave before it's done including the matching reputation related quests which you have.
    When you finish tier V, you do need the last tier mission (probably last mission on NR line/"The Power Source") to get a hefty tier 5 reward. (This may be updated after leaving zone if not done immediately)

(Edited with mission name after reply)
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    I think the problem is that Romulan rep missions are now tied into the mission trees, you have to play through the Borg Advance chain, and reach the Romulan rep specific mission chain... which I just found out was there.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Good to know :) (I didn't realize this was the issue in your case, sorry)

BTW, just adding for completeness (as you know already and just implied it, but it may help others), the 1st mission is a must do there in NR regard (single time), the others are skippable and replayable, again all by J -> episodes -> New Romulus.

If done a reputation place quest without doing the reputation specific mission, replay the matching mission ((look for a console on staging area after T1 and optionally warehouse if want)/mountain pass (for T2)/overgrown caves (for T3)/the power source: better do IV and V together here) and don't leave until the reputation specific part is done too (else you may need another replay of that mission). Interact/submit recording/finish extra part of quest etc as applicable until you finish it all.

Also, it MIGHT be that yesterday's War line until and including the level 43 quest (accessible by interacting with info for Romulan) is needed for newer chars, along with other blocking quests like Obisek's, to even get to the level 47 quest rickpaaa referred to. After doing the level 47 quest rickpaaa referred to, and approaching the start of the NR line, one has, at level 50, to be sent from Q'uonos/ESD/DS9's Romulan Ambassador to even start opening the 1st quest. While being sent to NR, one has to go to NR and speak to ~3 people on the stage at the order the quest says as well.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on