test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

species traits and k13 traits

Before throwing away resources I'd like to know if the trait enhancements from the K13 fleet holding stack in any way with the species trait. For example Gorns and Remans get "resilient" innately, so would buying the enhanced resilient trait as a Gorn/Reman off the k13 holding do any good?

Comments

  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    Bumpy.

    Also I realize I should have posted this in "the academy" subforum. My bad.
  • stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    These are useless. They do stack, however, you are just wasting your trait slots while you could have grabbed some fancy lockbox traits which will do better.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    stee1max wrote: »
    These are useless. They do stack, however, you are just wasting your trait slots while you could have grabbed some fancy lockbox traits which will do better.

    So Elusive and Accurate are no longer good traits?

    Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »
    stee1max wrote: »
    These are useless. They do stack, however, you are just wasting your trait slots while you could have grabbed some fancy lockbox traits which will do better.

    So Elusive and Accurate are no longer good traits?
    Were they? Used to be something to fill up empty slots with, Reciprocity builds are not great nowadays, PvP is dead, so what is the point?
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »
    stee1max wrote: »
    These are useless. They do stack, however, you are just wasting your trait slots while you could have grabbed some fancy lockbox traits which will do better.

    So Elusive and Accurate are no longer good traits?

    Those traits have been garbage for years. Just to give you an example, my build has almost nothing that boosts accuracy and I land about 99% of my shots. Now that the infinity lockbox has made every trait in the game accessible to the casual player, you can easily grab something better.

  • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    saying that, I wouldn't turn my nose up at buying Superior Romulan Operative. Or even just Superior Operative (Roms can use both)
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,417 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    feiqa wrote: »
    stee1max wrote: »
    These are useless. They do stack, however, you are just wasting your trait slots while you could have grabbed some fancy lockbox traits which will do better.

    So Elusive and Accurate are no longer good traits?


    Those be TRIBBLE, yes. :) But I think I also saw things like Enhanced Beam/Projectile Training. If those can be slotted next to their regular variants, and they stack, then good things may ensue. :)
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    feiqa wrote: »
    stee1max wrote: »
    These are useless. They do stack, however, you are just wasting your trait slots while you could have grabbed some fancy lockbox traits which will do better.

    So Elusive and Accurate are no longer good traits?


    Those be ****, yes. :) But I think I also saw things like Enhanced Beam/Projectile Training. If those can be slotted next to their regular variants, and they stack, then good things may ensue. :)

    You mean the superior traits from the K13 holding? I'm pretty sure they will replace the original variants.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,417 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    feiqa wrote: »
    stee1max wrote: »
    These are useless. They do stack, however, you are just wasting your trait slots while you could have grabbed some fancy lockbox traits which will do better.

    So Elusive and Accurate are no longer good traits?


    Those be ****, yes. :) But I think I also saw things like Enhanced Beam/Projectile Training. If those can be slotted next to their regular variants, and they stack, then good things may ensue. :)

    You mean the superior traits from the K13 holding? I'm pretty sure they will replace the original variants.


    Darn. :)
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,738 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    feiqa wrote: »
    stee1max wrote: »
    These are useless. They do stack, however, you are just wasting your trait slots while you could have grabbed some fancy lockbox traits which will do better.

    So Elusive and Accurate are no longer good traits?


    Those be ****, yes. :) But I think I also saw things like Enhanced Beam/Projectile Training. If those can be slotted next to their regular variants, and they stack, then good things may ensue. :)

    You mean the superior traits from the K13 holding? I'm pretty sure they will replace the original variants.


    Darn. :)

    Yeah I bought resilient the other day just to see how big the bonus was and what not and I can confirm that it just replaces the original.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Huh. I have been slotting accuracy and elusive and tacking on precise when I could get it.

    Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    Some of those "useless" traits are good for those of us who still do pvp.
  • lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    Useless is rarely the appropriate adjective, inferior is more accurate.
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    So I just went ahead and bought Resilient for my Reman, and it showed up nowhere, and didn't seem to work either. Then I unequipped/equipped my armor and then my resistances were a bit higher (though once logging out, the stats were reset again). Though I couldn't say if the armor is bugged or if it's the trait.

    And as far as I can tell, buying Superior Acute Senses (another innate Reman trait) did nothing either. 200k fleet creds and 44k dil out the window.

    EDIT: I unequipped/equipped armor (a different armor) on another toon who has no resilient whatsoever, and the stats also increased, and then were reset after logging, so from this I'm concluding that it's a seperate bug discovered by accident (there was a similar shield bug - now fixed), and that species-enhanced k13 traits don't work at all. Gosh this game is riddled with bugs (and feel free to move this thread to the bug section)
    Post edited by tremere12 on
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,417 Arc User
    tremere12 wrote: »
    ..., so from this I'm concluding that it's a seperate bug discovered by accident (there was a similar shield bug - now fixed), and that species-enhanced k13 traits don't work at all. Gosh this game is riddled with bugs (and feel free to move this thread to the bug section)


    They better *do* work, as I spent over 1,200,000 FC yesterday, replacing near all my Traits with the Superior ones.
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    tremere12 wrote: »
    ..., so from this I'm concluding that it's a seperate bug discovered by accident (there was a similar shield bug - now fixed), and that species-enhanced k13 traits don't work at all. Gosh this game is riddled with bugs (and feel free to move this thread to the bug section)


    They better *do* work, as I spent over 1,200,000 FC yesterday, replacing near all my Traits with the Superior ones.

    Everything else works normally apparantly, just the superior SPECIES traits don't work. That is, If you buy superior Resilient/Acute senses as an alien for example it works, but not as a Gorn or Reman, because they already have some of those traits passively - without selecting them. Though that's no excuse for wasted fc and dil.
    Post edited by tremere12 on
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,417 Arc User
    tremere12 wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    tremere12 wrote: »
    ..., so from this I'm concluding that it's a seperate bug discovered by accident (there was a similar shield bug - now fixed), and that species-enhanced k13 traits don't work at all. Gosh this game is riddled with bugs (and feel free to move this thread to the bug section)


    They better *do* work, as I spent over 1,200,000 FC yesterday, replacing near all my Traits with the Superior ones.

    Everything else works normally apparantly, just the superior SPECIES traits don't work. That is, If you buy superior Resilient/Acute senses as an alien for example it works, but not as a Gorn or Reman, because they already have some of those traits passively - without selecting them. Though that's no excuse for wasted fc and dil.


    Ah. I see. I misunderstood. Thx for clearing that up. :)
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,961 Arc User
    What's missing is the ability to upgrade your BOFF traits, too. That would be neat, wouldn't it?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,417 Arc User
    What's missing is the ability to upgrade your BOFF traits, too. That would be neat, wouldn't it?

    Yeah. Been dying to get SRO Traits for all my boffs. :)
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,051 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    the superiour traits will replace the old ones. No stacking :(
    Go pro or go home
  • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    What's missing is the ability to upgrade your BOFF traits, too. That would be neat, wouldn't it?

    Yeah. Been dying to get SRO Traits for all my boffs. :)

    since they fixed New Romulus recruitment, I've replaced all my boffs (on all my chars) with SROS. they are still a rare-ish drop, but you can get a couple a week

    (if you mean adding SRO to non-Romulan boffs, then no :p )

    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I'd like to correct the bug I mentioned previously. There's a bug in the game that requires you to simply switch weapons every time you enter another area in order to get your stats accurately working or showing. Just look for example on ground stats, they change when you switch weapons, though you only have to do that once every time you enter another area, because they reset. I have an eye for these details, but most players obviously don't, so this bug may have been going for years.

    But that has nothing to do with the k13 traits bug. I did some testing again, stripped my Reman (who is supposed to have superior Resilient and superior Acute Senses) of all traits and items to see raw numbers on the stats, with another stripped toon (alien) of the same level that only had the normal version of the resilient/acute senses traits active. The stats were identical, so this pretty much says that traits such as Superior Resilient and Superior Acute Senses just don't work for Remans and Gorns (resilient only), and was an utter waste of my resources. Or it could be the changes just don't show in numbers. Please move this thread to the bug section, thanks.

    Post edited by tremere12 on
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,417 Arc User
    aliguana wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    What's missing is the ability to upgrade your BOFF traits, too. That would be neat, wouldn't it?

    Yeah. Been dying to get SRO Traits for all my boffs. :)

    since they fixed New Romulus recruitment, I've replaced all my boffs (on all my chars) with SROS. they are still a rare-ish drop, but you can get a couple a week

    (if you mean adding SRO to non-Romulan boffs, then no :p )


    Yeah, I meant 'adding SRO to non-Romulan boffs' (or letting non-Roms buy and use SRO's). But I was more thinking along the line of the last boff revamp, in terms of a boff Trait system, that allows you to buy and set any Traits for your boffs.
    ChCDpuh.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.