test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't install game as patch fails

I get the first 140mb done, the launcher starts and patches for 14GB, at some point something happens and the patch stops never to start again.
At this point the game is not recognised by Window 10 as installed, so I have deleted the files sto directory manually an started again from arc, only for the process to fail at some point.
Do I need to download 14GB with a flawless connection for this to work?

Comments

• ronterprise#4195 ronterprise Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    ate you getting Error 36??
  • reshep01reshep01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same problem here, stuck at 26.7% close client, now it just says Patching
  • titusbistustitusbistus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    greetings! any solution for this matter? client launcher is stuck on patching... as well. thanks!
  • baloqbaloq Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Sort of similar issue. In fact, I have a trio of different but contiguous issues.

First off, I managed to do the entire download of the latest patch, but it gets to the end concerning mirroring files, and I get

"Error 36: File is locked that should not be locked, restarting patch in 10 seconds"

And then it's all it does, over and over. Tries to mirror and then says a file is locked.

Also, since I'm in a bitching mood, every time I log into the forums I get the Arc dialog about an unidentified computer and then I have to go through the email verification TRIBBLE. I only ever play the game or access the forums from the same computer, over and over again.

And, to top this little rant off, why the hell does the game crash on me repeatedly when I go to a transfer screen? Like when I transwarp, or beam up or down, or just change locals in a mission, the dang game just craps out on me. I've had it do this repeatedly in a single session. It's getting boring, man.

Anyway, thanks for the rant space.
    The reputation system got nerfed to prevent "power creep"; it's called an investment in time and money, and I think I should get a little something for my time and money like being able to stomp the TRIBBLE out of a new guy since I've been playing for three years now! :D
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    How did you even get that far? The launcher crashes before it can patch anything at all.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • stargazer99999stargazer99999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    same problem my computer started the patch then at about 16% it just froze up now the patch wont even get above the 1% marker.

As a side note the cancel button on the launcher also acts a bit wierd when i press the button nothing happends only way to close it is thru the X button
  • raulblanco7raulblanco7 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    First time it downloaded a small part of the patch, than stopped and wont restart since that, so same here.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Game launcher does not load for me, or the game do not start, was working great until monday had to work and today im trying and its not working.

The od part is that it downloaded the entire patch, and today patch.. but now, the game is not loading :neutral:

Update, now error 14
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • taveren24taveren24 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same problem here
  • amenjahamenjah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem, client is stuck on trying to patch. does not go past that point.
  • stillcarpstillcarp Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Here is what I did
    Open luncher goto opitons unticked on demaned patching. close luncher then left ctrl, alt and delete clicked on task manager then shut down star trek and all arc prosses. restarted computer when arc loaded clicked on star trek and play. it downloaded for me 18gb.
    I am on win 10 64 bit.
  • baldguywithacapebaldguywithacape Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Tried it, this works! I didn't need to restart, but I unticked demanded patching and used task manager to turn on all active and passive actions done by arc and sto. Reopened STO and it started patching.
  • idontcarenoforumidontcarenoforum Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    stillcarp wrote: »
    Here is what I did
    Open luncher goto opitons unticked on demaned patching. close luncher then left ctrl, alt and delete clicked on task manager then shut down star trek and all arc prosses. restarted computer when arc loaded clicked on star trek and play. it downloaded for me 18gb.
    I am on win 10 64 bit.

I can verify that this does indeed work. You just need to close down all arc and STO apps in the taskmanager and restart them. The on Demand Patching was turned off on my PC anyway,