test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 2nd Star Trek: Enterprise - E2

wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
Whatever happened to the Enterprise from ST:Enterprise, Captained by Archer's son? It still flying around or am I forgetting something?
Post edited by wendysue53 on

Comments

• wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    whoops! not Archer's kid - Trip and T'Pol's.

Picture-1010.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the Enterprise from ST:Enterprise, Captained by Archer's son? It still flying around or am I forgetting something?
    Most likely erased from the timeline as it prevented the Enterprise from being trapped and transported to the past.

Speaking of which, that was an incredibly stupid move not to use the opportunity to go see the Xindi, offer them help and prevent the whole Xindi incident from happening.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    131651.jpg
    edited December 2016
    Most likely erased from the timeline as it prevented the Enterprise from being trapped and transported to the past.

Speaking of which, that was an incredibly stupid move not to use the opportunity to go see the Xindi, offer them help and prevent the whole Xindi incident from happening.

Maybe, but then Enterprise didn't go back to the exact same point in time that they left either with no memory, etc of what happened, so you're left at the end of the episode with the possibility that E2 is still around somewhere.

But I guess this would lead to an Archer Timeline, which I guess is what happened.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

Maybe, but then Enterprise didn't go back to the exact same point in time that they left either with no memory, etc of what happened, so you're left at the end of the episode with the possibility that E2 is still around somewhere.

But I guess this would lead to an Archer Timeline, which I guess is what happened.

People weren't left at the end of the episode wondering if the ship was still out there.

With a lot of the alternate timelines, once the event that happened was changed, that timeline would cease to exist. It's not always the case as we see with the Kelvin Timeline, enough was changed that split it up from the prime timeline to make it count as a whole other universe.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    Still, they do leave it open-ended.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Options based on canon:
    1) Timey-Whimy Wibbly-Wobblied out of existance.
    2) Destroyed with no trace by the raiders they were fighting at the end attacking them in retribution before they made the rally-point.

Is there a particular goal with asking this here or just asking? Other than maybe having Daniels rescue them from the time-stream like our AoY chars, there's not much for STO to do with the E-squared ship/crew. T6 NX seems likely with the recent re-model, so no reason to reach for that as a means for a ship update. Judging by how everything in the Expanse pwned the NX, I doubt the Xindi would take the wreckage and make there own version and update it constantly to modern levels, like they did with their own designs, so the easier and perhaps better option of it being a 'Temporal' ship for the T6 (it even looks to have lights for the Temporal modes) would work.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    The alternate Enterprise was either erased due to the fact they didn't get sent back in time (like that colony in DS9 that was made by the Defiant crew in the Gamma Quadrant) or they sacrificed her in order to allow Enterprise to survive and complete the mission.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Point of asking this here, is the same as asking anything in General: It's a question that has to deal with Star Trek. It may or may not have anything to do with the game.

As I was actually drawing a blank on this when I asked, I was curious. And no @rattler2 has mentioned something that means I should go back and watch some DS9 shows again, since I don't recall that particular item.

No harm done.

Now if I was asking about the Dark Side of the Moon and large transformable robots, that would be in the wrong forum. :)
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Now if I was asking about the Dark Side of the Moon and large transformable robots, that would be in the wrong forum. :)

Im sure if we dig far enough we can find a TNG/Transformers crossover, and thus make it ok
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

Im sure if we dig far enough we can find a TNG/Transformers crossover, and thus make it ok

Oooooohhh! With Megan Fox?!?

oh-kay... forget I said that. :o

trekenttt-2.jpg
    4ePrmpe.jpg
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Wendy sue never ceases to amaze me with her super fan inaccurate information. Amiright folks? :p

When you correct the timeline the possible future timeline is corrected also (neutralized).
    Which i just dont understand for the life of me they didnt correct the timeline at the end of JJ Trek 1.

And if it did manange to continue to exist after the timeline correction of course it wouldnt still be around, it was hundreds of years ago, its space junk floating around with corpses.

And finally lets remember, Tpol and Trip never had a son, they had a baby girl that died then Trip died, no more kids. So the other timeline was never fulfilled.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Wendy sue never ceases to amaze me with her super fan inaccurate information. Amiright folks? :p

When you correct the timeline the possible future timeline is corrected also (neutralized).
    Which i just dont understand for the life of me they didnt correct the timeline at the end of JJ Trek 1.

And if it did manange to continue to exist after the timeline correction of course it wouldnt still be around, it was hundreds of years ago, its space junk floating around with corpses.

And finally lets remember, Tpol and Trip never had a son, they had a baby girl that died then Trip died, no more kids. So the other timeline was never fulfilled.

We and the Star Trek characters are assuming that the timeline is corrected and the possible future timeline is neutralized since it makes time travel more dramatic. Where is the drama if everyone in the original timeline is still alive and the main characters are stranded in another timeline? Or the difficult moral decision of sacrificing your descendants to restore the timeline when all of them will still be alive. There is no need to save the Federation from some rogue time traveler if it was never in danger. Of course, there is the problem that "restoring" the timeline doesn't send the main characters back to their own timeline, but to a new timeline that is close enough to their original timeline.

For JJ Trek 1, I have always assumed that Spock and Nero traveled to a parallel universe that looks similar to the 23rd Century Prime Universe not the 23rd Century Prime Universe. Either it is extremely easy to create a new timeline and the temporal police are worrying about nothing, the Prime Universe is destroyed since changing the past changes the future, or it is a parallel universe where it doesn't matter what happens.
    edited January 2017

You're going by a number of assumptions, that are never addressed in the series itself. One of those being that the 'autocorrect' issue of an alternate timeline only happens from the point of view of the person moving from one to another. It doesn't mean the other timeline is eliminated, only that it's no longer accessible.

I am curious though. Going by your first statement, I'm wondering how you can also assume the information is inaccurate, since what you're stating ignores the theory of alternate realities. You can prevent one from interacting with another, but the theory goes that you can't stop or neutralize it. Once it comes into existence, it exists. It may not interact with a character's view point, but it's still there. It's a ripple/web effect.

also, you like to attack when you disagree on something. Here, you can go watch the show or you can actually do a little research. Lorian was Trip and T'Pol's son and captain of E2.
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Lorian
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/E%C2%B2_(episode)

as I didn't look this up until after you're assumptions were made - in error - I'm looking to see what it says about E2 still being around. Or not.

T'Pol basically stats at the end that the alternate timeline wasn't 'neutralized' as you put it, since if it had been, they wouldn't remember it, which I believe is what I said originally. So, essentially, they don't know what happened to E2 as it simply didn't make the opening before it closed. It could still be around, since many of the people on that ship at that point were of longer life-spans than just humans. The majority were hybrids. And considering Sarek is around from before ST: Enterprise and long into STG or even Voyager or later, I'd say it'd be a good bet E2 is still around somewhere as that was in an alternate future from ST: Enterprise. It may have even immerged in ST:E's reality somewhere. It doesn't ever say.

Neutralizing an alternate reality doesn't get rid of it, it just 'resets' the Prime one that the character is in.

really getting tired of people not doing their own fact-checks and then trying to call me an idiot. Or thinking they know what I'm talking about but getting stuck on a completely different subject from the conversation at hand, which has happened elsewhere.

Memory-alpha also has some decent info on alternate timelines/ realities.
    edited January 2017
    starkaos wrote: »

For JJ Trek 1, I have always assumed that Spock and Nero traveled to a parallel universe that looks similar to the 23rd Century Prime Universe not the 23rd Century Prime Universe. Either it is extremely easy to create a new timeline and the temporal police are worrying about nothing, the Prime Universe is destroyed since changing the past changes the future, or it is a parallel universe where it doesn't matter what happens.

they didn't travel to an alternate timeline, they created one from that point forward parallel to the original. They'd like you to think that the other one doesn't exist anymore, but that isn't how the theory works.

Once something is changed or added to a timeline, no matter how insignificant, it's becomes an alternate reality. As for the Temp Agents... sure, they ran around trying to prevent changes, but what were they actually doing? Just trying to prevent their own timeline from being changed. Unlike in STO where a change to the timeline might cause a change to reality and people vanishing, that's not actually how it works, since any change results in copies of everything. Any changes after that just affect the timeline those changes happen in. Each time something changed for the Temp Agents in STO, they came back to a different reality, rather than the same people with memory-wipes. It was an interesting story, but not really based off of the actual theory of alternate realities. But having said that, there would also be the possibility of an alternate reality where everything I just said wasn't the way it could work could work. And all this neglects the basis premise of alternate realities: that every choice, every moment, creates several new ones and each of those creates others, but never destroys them. :)

At some future point, Prime Kirk and Kelvin Kirk could run into each other - or several each others.

A good film that uses part of the alternate universe theory is 'The One'. It gets messed up when it tosses out the idea of one person killing off all his copies to become an ultimate being, but the concept was sound and it was a good movie. :)

there were other films and series, a couple off-hand being Back to the Future series, Sliders series, Quantum Leap, etc...