test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shift and Tab keys glitched too many times!

jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
edited December 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This has been happening on my laptop too often. I've read about the glitch in this forum and I tried the uncheck boxes fix, which doesn't work somehow, so I've had to Force verify everything twice.

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong??

Comments

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I can't accurately help you here as I don't remember the details and what I changed.
    I can suggest some guidelines to check in general, though.

Your specific issue DIFFERS allegedly from the Shift+s issue. It's more likely an OVERLAY issue, while in game play or by accidentally changing language, be it likely steam or otherwise (ARC?).
    For steam: Steam -> settings -> in-game check the relevant shortcuts there. (Overlay is your main concern. You can change it.)

Other thing you may like to check there just in case is (steam's) screenshot shortcut so that it won't clash with HUD arrangement/change settings in STO game, but this beside the point.

For ARC: settings -> In game again check the relevant shortcuts there. This is much less likely to be the cause, as what you described sounds like a steam overlay shortcut issue.

P.S. - adding for completion
    Sometimes and probably regardless, ALT key may be as if it's "stuck" (registered as pressed), if recognizing such case (a real malfunctioning of keys 1 and 2 for example as it tries to operate alt+key instead) try to tap on ALT again.

Also, if what you described happens as you type Shift+s, then it's an initial beta streaming setting on ARC. (uncheck boxes just in case, then) press OK in such case without pressing advance, and then press the open door icon above if applicable. You can reach those beta streaming settings later if needed, so ask if relevant (I don't want to clutter this post and it's not the likely cause here.)

Edited in rephrasing to clarify something which was "mis-worded".
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on