test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Got it narrowed down to 2.

smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
Working on my ideas for my Kelvin comics idea, and working on the hero ship choice....I got it down to 2, after friends help me narrow thing down after the past few weeks, yo.

fZftmjh.jpg

UUShMNa.jpg

Which of those 2 would work best, ya think? Also, number 2 there will get the yellow trim added as well, since I think how each ship in TOS had their own unique patch/symbol; that in the Kelvin verse, each ship could have a unique secondary color. The hero ship will be yellow in this case.

Here's some interiors I been toying with:

LZQ64bE.jpg

This is just a test shot, seeing how the window feature will work. jBl4mje.jpg

UB7frSk.jpg

QM6buVo.jpg

ySfVLVV.jpg

5tjptCl.jpg

n86frPX.jpg

Here's something for you folks for the holiday weekend. ^_^

QJ9tpwE.jpg

5yfEJgD.jpg

If you're a christian/catholic, Merry Christmas!
If you are Jewish, Happy Hanukkah!
If you are an atheist, have a nice day!
Yl51JZS.jpg

~curtsy~
dvZq2Aj.jpg

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I think I like ship #2 best. 1 is not really new...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    ship 2 reminds me of the yorktown class battleship from star trek legacy it was a Ent era battlewagon
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Number one. I like two and all but I don't think the KonsTitution gets enough exposure outside of the releases of new KT films.

Why don't your crew have insignias on?
    ...since I think how each ship in TOS had their own unique patch/symbol

That's not strictly true. More ships than the Enterprise used the arrowhead (Bonaventure, Defiant, the crew from Court Martial etc.) a symbol that predated TOS and was used on the Kelvin, Franklin, NX-01 and 02, and on the side of Friendship One.
    The original idea behind them was to have them represent branches of Starfleet (cargo, outposts, Starfleet Command, expedition, etc.). Due to 'In a Mirror Darkly' it can't be that as some of the Defiant crew now have their own insignia and some have the arrowhead so the real reason can't be either branch or ship.
    If you're a christian/catholic, Merry Christmas!
    If you are Jewish, Happy Hanukkah!
    If you are an atheist, have a nice day!

You can wish atheists (or indeed anybody) Merry Christmas, it's a secular and public holiday that coincides with the western christian Christmas (not the Eastern one though, that's in January).​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    2 looks like it is inspired by Voyager with its low profile. IMO it looks like a late 24th Century ship while 1 is a 23rd Century ship.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    artan42 wrote: »
    That's not strictly true. More ships than the Enterprise used the arrowhead (Bonaventure, Defiant, the crew from Court Martial etc.) a symbol that predated TOS and was used on the Kelvin, Franklin, NX-01 and 02, and on the side of Friendship One.
    The original idea behind them was to have them represent branches of Starfleet (cargo, outposts, Starfleet Command, expedition, etc.). Due to 'In a Mirror Darkly' it can't be that as some of the Defiant crew now have their own insignia and some have the arrowhead so the real reason can't be either branch or ship. ​​

Well... each ship in TOS was supposed to have a unique assignment patch.

Defiant:
    latest?cb=20060914104117&path-prefix=en

Constellation:
    latest?cb=20090325125851&path-prefix=en

Exeter:
    latest?cb=20090325130207&path-prefix=en

Enterprise:
    latest?cb=20060914103900&path-prefix=en

The NX-01 didn't have the Enterprise arrowhead as her's.
    NX-01 Enterprise:
    latest?cb=20060911093233&path-prefix=en

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Assignment_patch

You're probably thinking of the sideways arrowhead that is usually seen on the pinstriping along the hull that is usually asoicated with Starfleet.

latest?cb=20110427235545&path-prefix=en
    enterprise-ncc-1701-sheet-2.jpg

db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2016
    rattler2 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    The original idea behind them was to have them represent branches of Starfleet (cargo, outposts, Starfleet Command, expedition, etc.). Due to 'In a Mirror Darkly' it can't be that as some of the Defiant crew now have their own insignia and some have the arrowhead so the real reason can't be either branch or ship.

Well... each ship in TOS was supposed to have a unique assignment patch.
    Defiant:
    Constellation:
    Exeter:
    Enterprise:

Supposed to but didn't. The Defiant's crew had the arrowhead (as seen in 'The Tholian Web' and the chevron (as seen in 'In a Mirror Darkly'. I've already mentioned the Franklin, Kelvin, every crew of the other ships in 09 and the crew in 'Court Martial' who weren't part of the Enterprise's crew.
    The NX-01 didn't have the Enterprise arrowhead as her's.
    NX-01 Enterprise:

Correct I was mixing it up with this one
    latest?cb=20110427235545&path-prefix=en

You're probably thinking of the sideways arrowhead that is usually seen on the pinstriping along the hull that is usually asoicated with Starfleet.

Yes, the Starfleet arrowhead, it's used on all striping in all eras as well as the badge for almost every crew or ship from Friendship One to the Wells. There's only a few examples from tOS (and one from TMP) that run counter to the universal arrowhead. Also note that the Defiant's chevron is a squared and stylised version of the same delta found on the Enterprise's crew and the one used by Starfleet Command.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!