test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If you could remove something from the game, What would it be?

Comments

• Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I'd remove the lock boxes and non faction ships from future design. All ships from there on out would be faction specific and come with bridge packs that aren't just one deck. Players would get ships released in step regardless of what faction you signed up for. So if and when T7 rolls around you get all three factions getting science, tactical, and engineering based ships. No more one faction getting preferential treatment over the other when it comes to tier ship offerings.

That would only be the start of the changes I'd do.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I would pull Voth who get back up after I shoot them the first time. "You shoot me I died." Two seconds later "I'm back and Immune for five seconds! HAHAHAHAHHA!"....Especially if they vaporize the first time around.
  • Options
    keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I would remove Plasmonic leech, Tier 6 Master Traits and the DPS League!.
  • Options
    rhenvar42rhenvar42 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    After giving this thread some thought, I figure I would bring up the idea of killing off the dil exchange.

Now, I am not saying do away with the whole trading dil for zen thing, but remove the whole player trading part of it.

Make it a fixed amount , one in the dil store for zen, and one in the c-store for dil.

I like being able to purchase dil with Zen, I just hate the fact that my zen goes into the hands of professional F2Pers.

I can go for this as well. Balancing out the Dilithium exchange would help some players that want to get low end items in the c-store (Example: Fleet/Upgrade modules) without having to spend a lot of actual money for it because the conversion rate is crazy.
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2017

sad but true problem with this is that F2P is the only reason STO still around, though. (topic discussed on other threads).
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I would remove 'bound to character' items, and make everything which is currently the former 'bound to account.'
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    no... you are confusing the UFP for everything else in that universe... the Klingon Empire was not about that nor the Spoonhead Union, Romulan Star Empire, or almost any other government they ran into.

Its quite simple really, some people DO NOT WANT to be a good little fed-lemming, others want to do that AND something else... go fig.
    No, I'm not confusing anything.

Even as far back as the later ToS era movies, the Federation and Klingon Empire coming together was a main theme. DS9 took it even further when The Feds, Klingons, Romulans, and Cardassian rebels all joined together to fight The Dominion. And we know from ENT that the Klingons eventually join the Federation.

The whole point of Star Trek, as Gene envisioned it, was that every race could eventually come together to create a utopian ideal future.

The Federation was just the races that had already come together, while the races they met in the shows were people they would come together with in the future.

while i agree and you are spot on this didn't make the klingons suddenly interested in helping out a new race and achieve warp drive.

They should put more effort into having the three factions have a unique view of the story rather than lets all act like the federation.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Hmmm... For me it would be to get rid of the tailor restrictions unless they make sense (such as no way a LtCmdr should wear a Vice Admiral coat). This would also include off-duty outfits becoming available for BOFF wear.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Remove ALL Social Hubs. The need for more than one player to complete ANY goal in the game is Unacceptable.

This game is already 90% Single Player. Let's push that last 10% out of the way.

ONE Ship. ONE Captain. ONE Fleet.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    I've had some more time to think about this question.

Most stuff in STO is good, some could be improved but I can't think of anything that should be removed, except one thing, for quality of life.

There should be a c-store unlock to remove EC caps.

Much as you keep reiterating this, how would you propose that people buy the few things posted over 1b? Would this unlock come with an account-wide removal on the cap for what a player can accumulate on any one toon? In the current grey market, people wanting to sell their wares have to make deals and bargain with other humans, while a limitless exchange has no flexibility in what a posted item sells for. I just don't see how having no cap on posting would create price competition...people with sufficient billions would just buy up any promo ships etc. that were posted at a billion, corner the market, and repost for 1.2 (or whatever other numbers apply).
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    while i agree and you are spot on this didn't make the klingons suddenly interested in helping out a new race and achieve warp drive.

They should put more effort into having the three factions have a unique view of the story rather than lets all act like the federation.
    Except the Klingons have already made deals with, and helped out, the Orion, Gorn, Nausicaans, Letheans, and Ferasans, in an attempt to expand the Empire, and make it stronger.

The Lukari are a newly discovered race with no strong pre-established faction leanings, and thus, are a prime target for the Klingon Empire, as they would be the easiest race to convince to join the Empire.

Especially since every other known race is either
    1. Outright hostile(Like the Breen, Tholians, Tzenkethi)
    2. Already part of either the Federation or Romulan Republic
    3. Already part of the Klingon Empire as is

I know its fun to meme that Cryptic doesn't care about making sense with the Klingons. But memes are not valid arguments, so stop using them.

The story makes perfect sense as is.

As a side note, no one is helping the Lukari achieve warp drive, they had that already(if you recall, the probe they used to try to fix their sun used warp 2) All they are doing is helping the Luraki develop better ships.
    Technically the Gorn were conquered and you right the Lukari already had warp i just forgot been a while since i did the mission.

But nearly all the other factions came to the Klingons to become allies they had resources to barter the Empire and at the time the empire was at war and turning down extra resources wouldn't be wise. Helping a race build up its ships without swearing loyalty to them first seems hard to grasp. The entire history of the Empire has been to take what they want they have enslaved races as even the progressive Martok once said "we dont embrace other cultures we concur them", now i dont expect them to have the Klingons actually invade the Lukari but when there is very little effort to give uniqueness to each faction in future missions then what is the point of having factions?
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    tobiashirt wrote: »

Most stuff in STO is good, some could be improved but I can't think of anything that should be removed, except one thing, for quality of life.

Much as you keep reiterating this, how would you propose that people buy the few things posted over 1b? Would this unlock come with an account-wide removal on the cap for what a player can accumulate on any one toon? In the current grey market, people wanting to sell their wares have to make deals and bargain with other humans, while a limitless exchange has no flexibility in what a posted item sells for. I just don't see how having no cap on posting would create price competition...people with sufficient billions would just buy up any promo ships etc. that were posted at a billion, corner the market, and repost for 1.2 (or whatever other numbers apply).

I mean removing the personal ec caps.

So you could have all 10 billion on one toon instead of 1B each on 10 toons.

What you're talking about will happen whenever people sell things for less than the going rate.

Anyway you remind me that prices for a small handful of items now far exceed the exchange cap, so the exchange cap should be raised to make it possible for price competition on those items.

Are you suggesting perhaps an overall account cap of 1 billion EC per toon (as it is now with the EC cap unlock), but with the ability to exceed the 1b per toon so long as the sum total amongst all toons does not exceed the total amount allotted to them?

The problem with that is that, yet again, people can take advantage, especially those with larger numbers of toons. I personally know a number of people that have more than 20 toons, and some of them have more than thirty. One guy has 62 toons.

Enable this particular ability, and you're gonna see people buying extra character slots just to have throwaways for the EC cap increase. You'd see people buying up to a hundred character slots, and you'll see the same issue of people just buying up everything and selling them for a massive profit.

None of it would help in the long run. In fact, it would hurt the game. People would be angry that they can't get a fair price because people are acting like Ferengis loaded with Red Bull after watching The Wolf of Wall Street.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    It isn't actually possible to have 100 characters, nor is 62 possible as the character per account limit is 54.

Sorry, meant to type 52, not 62. Phone keyboards. Shoulda double checked my text.

Things I want in STO:

• Options
    tobiashirt wrote: »

I mean removing the personal ec caps.

So you could have all 10 billion on one toon instead of 1B each on 10 toons.

What you're talking about will happen whenever people sell things for less than the going rate.

Anyway you remind me that prices for a small handful of items now far exceed the exchange cap, so the exchange cap should be raised to make it possible for price competition on those items.

Are you suggesting perhaps an overall account cap of 1 billion EC per toon (as it is now with the EC cap unlock), but with the ability to exceed the 1b per toon so long as the sum total amongst all toons does not exceed the total amount allotted to them?

The problem with that is that, yet again, people can take advantage, especially those with larger numbers of toons. I personally know a number of people that have more than 20 toons, and some of them have more than thirty. One guy has 62 toons.

Enable this particular ability, and you're gonna see people buying extra character slots just to have throwaways for the EC cap increase. You'd see people buying up to a hundred character slots, and you'll see the same issue of people just buying up everything and selling them for a massive profit.

None of it would help in the long run. In fact, it would hurt the game. People would be angry that they can't get a fair price because people are acting like Ferengis loaded with Red Bull after watching The Wolf of Wall Street.

Paying 500z per extra billion per toon would be fine even, I'm pretty open.

It doesnt make any difference to prices whether people have 100m ec on one toon, or 1b on one toon, or 50b across 50 toons, or 50b all on one toon.

The ignorant pearl clutching whenever large sums of ec are discussed gets a little bit tiresome, I'm not going to lie.

Suffice it to say that you shouldn't be worried, you're mistaken and it's actually OK. There is both supply and demand in economics. If making profit was as simple as buying something and then relisting it for more than you paid, the price of everything would be approaching infinity. Fortunately there's more to it than that and you needn't worry.

1) I was agreeing with you in that it's not a good idea.

2) I am fully aware that there is more to supply and demand.

3) I'm not worried. I personally don't care one way or another, as I am happy with the EC system as it is now.

4) I know that the prices would indeed go up for a bit, then come down as people start flooding the market with more product than people want in an attempt to cash in (it's part of the reason why engineering BOFFs are so cheap compared to science and tactical, and why KDF items are cheaper than Fed). The problem is that the complaints will start rolling in long before the prices start going down, as people are natural born complainers. I just get sick of the whining as much as I get sick of the price gouging. I might be the only one that does this, but if I know a ship is on the exchange and I decide not to purchase it because the price is too high compared to what I get, then I am not likely to look for it again any time in the near future.

Things I want in STO:

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    azrael605 wrote: »
    It isn't actually possible to have 100 characters, nor is 62 possible as the character per account limit is 54.

I know someone that runs 2 accounts, both maxes on characters
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    play sto long enough and you end up setting up other accounts because you ran out of new toons to do various things with. It only takes time to max out those toons, and no one said they were...
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    There is not, and should never be, any practical limit to how much space wealth a player can have.

Instead of being bitter and envious of the space rich, we should celebrate their accomplishments.

consider it an incentive for them to play other games or go get a life outside the mmo
This discussion has been closed.