test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Q not in his chair bug still exists

kamikazi2142kamikazi2142 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
edited December 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Resolved an issue where Q would sometimes appear in his seat during the Winter Event.

You see... one should really double check ones work before making claims like these...
SVn2qzl.png

just in case you're thinking on saying its an old picture:
fFmJMrI.png

Good job PWE, living up to that infectious routine of Reloaded Productions, whats next? a proposed DX12 remodel of STO to be released in Feb next year only to be drawn out five more years with no sign of a release?

Hope this helps fix the bugs, wouldn't mind being un-nerfed while you're at it. I've spent long enough time with a damage reduction debuff that doesn't go away, and i know its there cuz for a week after Dyson sphere release it wasn't on me and i was epic! then the patch came and nerfed me again... $1000+ and i'm treated like a pest.
Post edited by midniteshadow7 on

Comments

• skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    on console we have the same thing. we share your bugs
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    This problem is so old. Every year it's there.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    Yep same issue every year they should remove the seat and just have Q standing there maybe add some ginger breadmen and decorations around him.
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    Try bein an engineer where your Nedian abilitiy does jack TRIBBLE and you can only tank a max amount while tacs get go above and beyond with DPS.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I always figured Q in his seat was just one mesh but it seems to be two. Strange how they can get it to work properly, perhaps his awesomeness has affected the molecular cohesion of the deck plates there so he just falls through, weighed down by his massive ego.

Just imagine the view the poor guys in the deck below must have..... :o
    SulMatuul.png
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I've noticed that he seems to be okay at Qo'nos and Romulan Command. The only difference I can see is that in those locations his seat is floating a bit above the ground; whereas, at ESD the chair is on the floor. Maybe having that chair floating as well could fix the issue?
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    What I want to know is why is his chair on the ground level at ESD and First City, but in New Romulus Command Center, he's floating way above in the air? As if he's looking down on us Romulans. I know I'm not Tal Shiar but I still have my pride...
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I can understand about filing a bug report, in the bug report part of the forums, but posting this in the general section of the forums OP just shows you just wish to stir up hate againist Cryptic. You cannot tell me that Q not sitting in his seat is distroying your ability to play the game.

For those of you that are uneducated, software have bugs, get over yourselves.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    I can understand about filing a bug report, in the bug report part of the forums, but posting this in the general section of the forums OP just shows you just wish to stir up hate againist Cryptic. You cannot tell me that Q not sitting in his seat is distroying your ability to play the game.

I was counting on you to bring up the completely useless thread title.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User

but having Q sitting like that will encourage the youth of today to sit really oddly and thus create a generation of odd sitting people. think of the children.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Obviously not.

But it is funny to point out nonetheless. :D
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User

but having Q sitting like that will encourage the youth of today to sit really oddly and thus create a generation of odd sitting people. think of the children.

You mean they don't already? :tongue:
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    East fix... remove model of Q and remove model of chair... update to new single model of Q sitting on Chair. That way he will never stand up to dance... instead of npc model... no different than a mail box.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    tigeraries wrote: »
    East fix... remove model of Q and remove model of chair... update to new single model of Q sitting on Chair. That way he will never stand up to dance... instead of npc model... no different than a mail box.

too easy, too logical, will never work
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    It's cute that you think they'd fix this! It's been broken for YEARS! :D
    After the 'fix' he's under his chair more now than he was than before the 'fix'!
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    tigeraries wrote: »

Actually quite a bit of extra work. Not saying that I wouldn't start considering it since this bug is so permanent.
    bergins wrote: »
    I was counting on you to bring up the completely useless thread title.

Somebody should though
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    ^OP, please look into changing the thread title to something more appropriate for the subject matter and direct. People should have a general idea what they are about to look at, otherwise its just clickbait.

There.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Q is not bound by "developers"
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    Renamed thread to something more useful and moved to bug report section
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    If it's the dancing that causes the problem couldn't they just suppress that around him?
  • kamikazi2142kamikazi2142 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I figured posting it to the General Discussion with that title would instigate the proper crowd to comment on the matters, and that's why i posted it there. Hardly anyone ever scrolls through "Bug Reporting" at least i don't... and since the 13th, there's been what, 4 posts? on the 12th it had a dozen in General Discussion, so i think i really did post it in the right place, especially since i made no effort to do any form of bug reporting... there's no debug info, there's no crash info, it's just a topic i wished to discuss.

True there are always bugs with software, but it isn't something that happens immediately, bugs usually take time to discover, and with any real competence are fixed, really fixed... that being said...

I understand that the dev team has had several hands changed in the years since beta, and that a large majority of the game has elements hand made to accommodate the needs of the game, leaving other elements unstable at best... that too being said...

With such high instability and extensive custom code, making it priority 1 on everyone's list to re work the entire engine shouldn't be a long discussion, the game is there, you know what it all is, the conversion shouldn't take years like with APB using UE3, STO uses DX from Macrosuck, upgrading elements to the better version, or using elements actually available instead of the outdated customized element shouldn't be difficult at all... especially if you use editing tools that offer the ability to batch edit code, redirect resource handling, etc.

The new HD upgrade is nice, it adds much more detail to the game, though the base engine is limping along, and the audio has been in dire need of an upgrade (is it still 8 bit?) ...the new FXAA is beautiful! Though i honestly think it could utilize more resources than it is now...

Simple fix indeed, especially since everyone is so acquainted with the dated modeling software, they could easily just import the chair, import Q, static mesh them together, and poof, new decoration for ESD.

I do agree on the critique though, it would be far too logical, far too easy, to just fix it with a non complex fix.

This does not mean sack the devs you got working and hire new ones, that would be a step backwards, no, that means hire more, train them, and have them all work together... the point was made, there is enough revenue to pay for salaries, to pay for these much needed fixes.

On a side note:
    Kodachikuno, i noticed in your avatar, that Romulan ship pitches up as it stops... lol, that makes no sense, why would they do that if they were just stopping... it was already lined up with Enterprise, they just decided to "look down at them" ??

To everyone:
    Love the input, working together, constructive criticism, keep it up!