test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sort Order

ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
Did people notice that the sort order of items in Inventory and the Banks changed somewhat with the release of 'Artifacts'? One specifically, Kit Modules went from the bottom to the top right after the Kit Frames. I assume that was to keep that stuff together.

Also, as of last week's patches the sort order for Doff Selection for Assignments now puts the 'green' Doff Specializations at the bottom of the list instead of at the top. This is is a bit of a PITA.
'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
Judge Dan Haywood
'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
l don't know.
l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
Lt. Philip J. Minns

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah, it has been noted in some threads that the sort order has been changed.

I do not use the auto sort button myself. I manually move things around until my OCD tells me it is good enough.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Did notice the change when "sort" scrambled everything up, but am fine with it.

I did not notice, however, a change in the doff selection for assignments. It used to be "What the algorithm says is best is top", and it still is for me. (This is mostly rarity, but traits for Crit and/or failure play a part, too)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It is, if the position requires an Explosive Expert, that Specialization would be made green and put to the top of the Select Pick list. That green Specialization is now at the bottom of the list of Specializations. This did not change any of the order or picks of Doffs that it presents to you. It only comes into play if you press the Select button next to one of the either pre-selected Doffs or the spot for a Doff if it did not pick them (Prisoners for example).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ryghanryghan Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    All I noticed is now some of my bank slots have something in them - that shows as just a black box (obscurring the white "tab" each empty slot has in the corner. I can click on said slot and a window pops up for imformation (but there is none) and I cannot move nor can I delete said "item"....*sigh*.

I *hope* this is something that will be fixed at some point in time....
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Black boxes isnt good. Last time that happened was the item conversion when items were technically nonexistent in the game but we still had them in our banks.
    Those black boxes may be Kit Frames. Has been reported problems with that.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Those black boxes may be Kit Frames. Has been reported problems with that.

Any reported fixes?​​
    They took care of some of them, others you may be able to fix by changing Instances, Zones, and rebooting.

There are still problems with some notwithstanding. Did you have any of those Kit Frames that did not accept Modules but had the Modules built in because those were supposed to be scrapped, I believe?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    They took care of some of them, others you may be able to fix by changing Instances, Zones, and rebooting.

There are still problems with some notwithstanding. Did you have any of those Kit Frames that did not accept Modules but had the Modules built in because those were supposed to be scrapped, I believe?

Not on that character. :/​​
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Then try to send a ticket to support. Worked a treat for me. (Granted, I added that none of the "blocking" items were of major value so just deleting them would be fine with me, which may be a major contributor to varying mileage, but the next day the problem was solved.)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries