test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryoplasma-Infused Warp Core

steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
Does anyone have experience of using this and could say how it compares to Fleet/Rep cores?

I currently run the Iconian one, but not as part of the full set so there's no set bonus concern, but I always like to keep an eye out for different options and possibilities for improvement, so all advice gratefully received.

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    I like the cryo warpcore (combined with the breen 4-piece) but it's not as good as fleet or iconian warpcore.

The reason for this is that the cryo does not have access to [amp]. In addition the iconian warpcore has hot restart which is very useful indeed.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    It's all preference. I just swapped out the Iconian one for the Cryo one on a toon, since I have the 4 piece Breen, and it thematically fits the toon.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    The saving grace for the Winter Event warp and singularity cores is they can be attained with free event tokens. Give it a whirl at no cost. Experimenting with Reputation and Fleet Cores cost dil, marks, fleet credits, etc.

Even the rest of the set is a free mission reward scattered in the Breen story arc. It's not the most ideal set, IMO, but it is free.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I use it with the rest of the set and the ship consoles with the Breen carrier. It's not better than the Iconian, but like ichaerus1 says it fits the theme. The consoles are also not the best choice, but they add more space magic for a science carrier and are a fun change of pace.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    I have it on my main KDF and it hasent let me down yet.
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    For the "Free" Sets (Dominion, Breen, Kobali, Solanae, Sol Defense, and Quantum Phase) it is one of only three that even CAN have a 4 piece set (Breen, Solanae, Kobali). Traditionally, the Kobali leans more towards tank builds (max hull buff, shield buff, hull regen, shield regen, nanite screen, shield capacicor); The Solanae leans more towards a science build (aux power, exotic particle, drain exp, aux capacitor); The Breen set looks the best, and leans more tactical (control and drain expertise useful if actually using transph weapons, engine power increase, power regen increase, transphasic weapon buff, warp cloud, +40 weapon power capacitor)

But as of right now, if you didn't participate during the prior anniversary events to GET the Dyson or the Kobali, its the only one you have access too. I think you can BUY the Dyson with lobi......but who would? So the Breen set is the only free 4 piece any new players have access too, so given that I think it comes out slightly on top.
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    I use the Breen set on my smallcraft (shuttles/fighters). The Breen core "battery" power gives a solid boost to weapon damage and being able to eject cryo-plasma works well in small combat.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    redvenge wrote: »
    I use the Breen set on my smallcraft (shuttles/fighters). The Breen core "battery" power gives a solid boost to weapon damage and being able to eject cryo-plasma works well in small combat.

Nice, I hadn't thought of that. I've been looking for an excuse to get the Stalker fighter I might use the Breen set with it.

• Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I use it on shuttles, to get the 2-piece transphasic bonus on top of the 2-piece torpedo bonus from the Adapted Maco set. If you're willing to use up a slot for it, you can run the Terran console and disruptor beam array for another torpedo bonus. Throw in a fleet tac console and fleet neutronium, and you've got yourself a mean little shuttle.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    My favorite thing about the breen set on small craft is that the engine exhaust makes it easy to see where the shuttle is. Some are so tiny.

But usually I run the jem set because the front cone doesn't scale down in size or damage on shuttles.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    It is part of the 4 piece Breen space set. If you do not plan on using the Breen space set, then there is really no reason to get the Breen warp / singularity core, unless you want it just to have it.
  • Options
    boachevboachev Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    It is part of the 4 piece Breen space set. If you do not plan on using the Breen space set, then there is really no reason to get the Breen warp / singularity core, unless you want it just to have it.

NOT get the Breen set? And lose out on that snazzy free energy siphon? Never!
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    The plasma and the siphon are fairly weak, though...
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    The saving grace for the Winter Event warp and singularity cores is they can be attained with free event tokens. Give it a whirl at no cost. Experimenting with Reputation and Fleet Cores cost dil, marks, fleet credits, etc.

Even the rest of the set is a free mission reward scattered in the Breen story arc. It's not the most ideal set, IMO, but it is free.

Funny enough the breen set shines against the vaadwaur and their polaron barrages.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User

It's not ideal mainly because it's Mark XI instead of XII. Thankfully, the Phonics Boxes have special Phonics Upgrade Kits that solve that problem quite easily.
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    boachev wrote: »
    jaguarskx wrote: »

NOT get the Breen set? And lose out on that snazzy free energy siphon? Never!

It is nice to have on a science and eng deficient Ship, as you can free up those slots for other things and not waste a sci slot for energy siphon, and eng slot for eject warp plasma. Plus a weapons cap is nice!
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Phonics boxes? Im sure they meant phoenix boxes.

"Hooked on phonics worked for me!" Remember that?
  • Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    it's cheap and suplements the Breen set. I hate having a incomplete set. So most of my toons have it now. Rest will get it soon.
    It's nothing Special but for fresh toons, the Breen set is the first set available.
    I guess it works better for sci based toons.
    But when I still did PvP I had one build that used the Breen set and then changed to the Romulan set (which isn't that great either)- but that Change chnaged me from "dying more often than any other Player in the Team" to "not dying ag all" in the next PvPs
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Alas, it's something I'll never have. I loathe this event with its utter silliness.

If you've got some alts, it's relatively easy/harmless to get holiday currency via DOFF projects. You can even access some of them from ESD/First City if you don't even want to step into the wonderland.

(Or, well, you could buy some currency off the Exchange. That works, too.)

edit: well, you'd have to enter the wonderland once, to do the "unlock holiday store in your Event tab" quest