test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Eh

Could be far worse but frankly i am enjoying the Coachran shotgun thanks for giving me the chance to own it.

If i was a super lifer i who already has this stuff i would be "bitter" but since i am not thanks again :3

Comments

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Eh?

My main had most of the stuff already, but was still super excited to be able to gear up a few alts who were too new and missed a lot, so unless it's a 'super lifer' who only plays one toon and hasn't participated in AoY or the Delta Recruit programs, I can't imagine how someone thinking rationally about it could be upset with this. Even the Single Toon Super Lifer (STSL) can get some pretty great upgrade tokens out of the whole event, so to all the drama, I say:

Meh.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    The most redeeming feature of the Phoenix box is the ability to choose your reward, one of the few to allow this. My AoY 'toon was quite happy to get the Tanius epic Admiralty card, and there are definitely some other items that she will be getting in order to "catch up" with the rest of my fleet. Not to mention that Cryptic has created yet another dil sink for those lamenting the current dil/Zen exchange rate... B)
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    For goodness sake you lazy man change the gul darn title of the thread.....
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2016
    I have everything in that box, yes I have mixed feelings (bittersweet?) for exclusivity being thrown out BUT... The items are one time use bound to character... So there's a benefit for having everything original for me...

In the second note....

Dem Tech Upgrades thoooo...
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User

Exactly - the worst case here is that you save 4 superior tech upgrades' worth of EC/mats. Since I had nothing to get from the Rare and VR token list, the price on those effectively dropped to 1000-2000 dil each when traded down, meaning you are saving the cost of the upgrade AND 2000-3000 dil per use on those. Plus, each upgrade boost you use is quadrupled in power.

It's still not as good as an Omega upgrade, but it's nowhere near as much mind-numbing effort to get them, either.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    jade1280 wrote: »
    Could be far worse but frankly i am enjoying the Coachran shotgun thanks for giving me the chance to own it.

If i was a super lifer i who already has this stuff i would be "bitter" but since i am not thanks again :3

not bitter at all, theres something for everyone here even the ones that have all the best stuff.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    jaturnley wrote: »

It's still not as good as an Omega upgrade, but it's nowhere near as much mind-numbing effort to get them, either.

They're 51K a pop, though. So, maybe not 4x Quality Improvement chance, but still wicked. :) Especially when used at Upgrade Weekends, which means one round of, say, a rep Shield at Mk XIV is done with only 3 of these (100K a piece). That's very good.

I spent around 250K Dilithium on these boxes (all I had left, LOL); didn't get an Epic token, naturally, but am still sitting on 96 of these lovely Upgrade tokens. And I finally got the Red Capacitor to boot. I have 'frivolously' spent way more Dilithium on my Fleet in a day. So, this was a good day... not to die. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    jaturnley wrote: »

They're 51K a pop, though. So, maybe not 4x Quality Improvement chance, but still wicked. :) Especially when used at Upgrade Weekends, which means one round of, say, a rep Shield at Mk XIV is done with only 3 of these (100K a piece). That's very good.

I spent around 250K Dilithium on these boxes (all I had left, LOL); didn't get an Epic token, naturally, but am still sitting on 96 of these lovely Upgrade tokens. And I finally got the Red Capacitor to boot. I have 'frivorously' spent way more Dilithium on my Fleet in a day. So, this was a good day... not to die. :)

spent 240k myself so far but still have plenty of dil left so might buy 40 each day on each of my 3 main characters those upgrade tokens are something.
    also got the red capacitor and some emotes and the defence turret console for my 3 main characters.

I have been donating a shed load of dil to my KDF fleet recently but its nice for a change to treat myself with this event.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    Eh?

My main had most of the stuff already, but was still super excited to be able to gear up a few alts who were too new and missed a lot, so unless it's a 'super lifer' who only plays one toon and hasn't participated in AoY or the Delta Recruit programs, I can't imagine how someone thinking rationally about it could be upset with this. Even the Single Toon Super Lifer (STSL) can get some pretty great upgrade tokens out of the whole event, so to all the drama, I say:

Meh.

You can't spell meh without eh!