test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Mailing Identification

captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
There didn't seem to be a recent thread addressing this, so here goes!

I've got several STO characters running and since they all share the same mailbox, it would be much appreciated if fleet leaders (and others) always included their actual unique FLEET NAME in the emails that they send out. Half the time I'm confused and have to go and search through several fleet rosters in order to put the latest message in the right perspective for whichever character it was originally intended.

Comments

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Ahh first world problems. Honestly, this is not an issue that belongs here, but one you should bring up with the leadership in the many fleets you belong to.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    It's passing strange when a general discussion thread is called out on the "general discussion" thread, but okay. Filing this one for posterity!
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    I normally reply to these emails with "What fleet is this? I can't be sure because you didn't say."

I most often don't hear back.
    So, most often I don't/can't help out.
    It's passing strange when a general discussion thread is called out on the "general discussion" thread, but okay. Filing this one for posterity!

It is not that it wouldn't fall into the topic of general discussion (which it does), it is that it is asking for a fix to an issue that is out of the control of the DEVs or the community at large, and solely something your (various) fleets leaders need to address if anyone will.

Sorry if it seemed I was saying it didn't belong in this topic, more was meant it doesn't really belong on the forums as we cannot help you with it at all.​​
    signature.png
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    That's fine. My intent in posting it was to hopefully engender an idea that might take root with those of us in the game, as a courtesy if nothing else.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Sorry if it seemed I was saying it didn't belong in this topic, more was meant it doesn't really belong on the forums as we cannot help you with it at all.​​

True that. Some basic mail filtering on Subject would be nice, though.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    That's fine. My intent in posting it was to hopefully engender an idea that might take root with those of us in the game, as a courtesy if nothing else.
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Sorry if it seemed I was saying it didn't belong in this topic, more was meant it doesn't really belong on the forums as we cannot help you with it at all.

True that. Some basic mail filtering on Subject would be nice, though.

Agreed across the board. And as a fleet leader I am going to try to implement this in my fleet, at least on the messages I send.​​
    signature.png
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User

It is not that it wouldn't fall into the topic of general discussion (which it does), it is that it is asking for a fix to an issue that is out of the control of the DEVs or the community at large, and solely something your (various) fleets leaders need to address if anyone will.

I'm actually not sure if it is really out of control of the DEVs... After all they were able to add new lightning to the engine, and "Delete selected" buton to the mail, so it should be possible to add to fleet mail some header, that would pull the current sender fleet name and attach it to the mail...