test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Nebula

misterlozmisterloz Member Posts: 133 Arc User
So I was reading the release notes on the Nebula class Update which says this:
The Nebula class model has been updated to be more accurate to canon.

Additionally, we have added the sensor pod and stanchion from the Nebula class U.S.S. Phoenix as a free part to all versions of the Nebula.
Players will need to discharge and reclaim this ship from the C-Store in order to see this change.

On the discussion there was some concern about those who own the Fleet version (which I do) as dismissal is a rather costly affair (either 500 zen of 15 million EC, depending on how you choose to buy a fleet module) so I decided to test out on my own FT5U and see whether the skins could be unlocked.

The good news is that you CAN use the new skins on the model if you follow these steps:

1) DO NOT dismiss the Fleet version.
2) Reclaim the C-store version to update the model for the Phoenix parts.
3) Reclaim the C-store Venture class to unlock the skin.

In short you need to activate the skins by adding the ships temporarily into your active roster. Once you've done that once you can dismiss them again.
Post edited by misterloz on

Comments

• captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    It also seems to work across characters. I claimed the new parts on one character, and then was able to add the Venture parts to a second character without having to dismiss the ship.

The 'Venture' skinned Nebula is really nice too. The new mission pod is ace.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    Oddly, I just went to the tailor and reset the look of my Nebula (by selecting one of the other ship looks) and the Phoenix parts showed up after that.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"