test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry is back on tribble for those in need

of a fix, or just want to test it so that when we get it back on holo it works properly

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yeah, that does sound like a good idea.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    omnis ligths are out with L2.0... I think they regret all this L2.0 fiasco.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    Anything new, exciting, or of note besides the lighting change?
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
    Um.. a new version of the Nebula showed up in the costume editor.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User

What's it called? I can't seem to find it.
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    rogue6800 wrote: »

What's it called? I can't seem to find it.

It will be a replacement for the standard Nebula skin, much like the other Revamped (More Accurate) ships like the Galor, Keldon, Galaxy, Gal-X, etc.

Also, it wouldn't be the first time something appears in the Foundry long before it's release in main-game. Take the 25c Mirror outfits, those were in the Foundry for months before they became part of main-STO with S11, where they curiously disappeared a few weeks before.

Same goes with the 22c MACO outfit, directory paths for that have existed in the Foundry for ages (and like most outfit paths in the foundry (such as the NPC Only Iconian ones), just show a totally generic outfit instead)
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • rancidmojo#7824 rancidmojo Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Do people even play foundry missions on tribble? Since they cannot be moved to holodeck I'm wondering if the foundry is used for more than playing around there.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Do people even play foundry missions on tribble? Since they cannot be moved to holodeck I'm wondering if the foundry is used for more than playing around there.

To avoid any possible confusion, I will jump a step ahead and say that you should NEVER build a full Foundry mission for the Tribble server audience (with the expectation that it will be played by any significant number of people.) Tribble is a test platform. The Tribble Foundry is available ostensibly so players can see if things are still working with upcoming updates.

That (iirc) includes everything to publishing, but one should not view the Tribble Foundry as being an equivalent venue to the Holodeck Foundry. It's simply there for testing/tinkering.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    I've been building maps for my next mission on Tribble, and saving all their settings, object placement data, etc. on the Trello project management app, so I can easily recreate the maps on Holodeck when its Foundry comes back.

To avoid any possible confusion, I will jump a step ahead and say that you should NEVER build a full Foundry mission for the Tribble server audience (with the expectation that it will be played by any significant number of people.) Tribble is a test platform. The Tribble Foundry is available ostensibly so players can see if things are still working with upcoming updates.

That (iirc) includes everything to publishing, but one should not view the Tribble Foundry as being an equivalent venue to the Holodeck Foundry. It's simply there for testing/tinkering.

Thanks. That's kind of what I've been doing, just tinkering to see if any of my ideas will work. Too bad it's 2d, though. One thing I've noticed is that when I try to enter a mission from the main map it doesn't work. I have to go to "play map" to see how things are set. Is that an issue with tribble, the foundry or me doing something wrong?
    It's pretty obvious from looking around why the Foundry is disabled on holodeck. Some of the Foundry maps look incredibly wrong now. sure there's the Lights of Zetar thing, but some of them are wrong in the other way, with terrain either looking monochromatic for no reason or completely black. The most interesting thing is that it changes depending on the skyfile!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    It's pretty obvious from looking around why the Foundry is disabled on holodeck. Some of the Foundry maps look incredibly wrong now. sure there's the Lights of Zetar thing, but some of them are wrong in the other way, with terrain either looking monochromatic for no reason or completely black. The most interesting thing is that it changes depending on the skyfile!

Ugh! This sounds like it will be a joy to see when we play test our missions once it's back up on Holodeck. I just really hope they remember to disable the review option for a time so we can find any major issues.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
    edited November 2016
    djxprime wrote: »

Ugh! This sounds like it will be a joy to see when we play test our missions once it's back up on Holodeck. I just really hope they remember to disable the review option for a time so we can find any major issues.

In the chat of last week's Roundtab Zero said their hope was that authors wouldn't have to make critical changes to any of their missions. Still be on the lookout for issues, but keep in mind why we're in extended downtime. It's to resolve lighting 2.0 issues.

BTW (for everyone noticing that there are still issues), the Tribble patch notes also say:
    Foundry functions will not be available for an extended period of time due to updates needed from the lighting update made in this release.
    It's worth asking if the Tribble Foundry is even supposed to be available ATM.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    Thanks. That's kind of what I've been doing, just tinkering to see if any of my ideas will work. Too bad it's 2d, though. One thing I've noticed is that when I try to enter a mission from the main map it doesn't work. I have to go to "play map" to see how things are set. Is that an issue with tribble, the foundry or me doing something wrong?

That's pretty basic for how the Foundry works. Always playtest custom maps using the "play map" button. Starting from the main sector map allows you to start your mission from the very beginning, which requires you to have fully sorted your mission in the story tab (all maps you want to test added in progression, plus designated mission start point.) There are some very specific reasons why an author might want to do this, but for where it seems you are right now don't worry about it. Just use the direct method.
    edited November 2016
    djxprime wrote: »
    While I imagine there will be things people will have good reason to wish to tweak, these issues are the reason why the Foundry is down, and it presumably will come back up after they are fixed.

Also I just double checked, and it seems that it's more random than I thought. Simply previewing the map repeatedly caused the patterns to shift.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    We're doomed!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    Tribble seems to be down or at least the Foundry on Tribble. I was working on ways to make NPCs and object teleport and got booted off a while ago. When I try to log in it just says server is unavailable.