test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is simple better?

goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
I wanted to keep this in the Klingon forum because I'm making an observation regarding two Klingon ships, the T5-U Fleet K'tinga Battlecruiser Retrofit and the T6 D7 Temporal Battlecruiser. First, some obvious considerations. The T6 ship has more hull. More hull never hurts. Enough said there. Second, the T6 has a 5forward/3 aft layout vs the T5-U's 4 forward/4 aft layout. I would argue that the T6's layout is easier to put more guns on the target on a forward run although, depending on what weapons are slotted aft on the T5-U, this can be easily remedied so that the T5-U comes up to speed.

Now to my observation. I'm finding that because of the BOFF layout and abilities on the T6 that there are so many powers to keep popping that I'm overwhelmed with what to click next. The T5-U however has a much simpler BOFF layout and I can concentrate on keeping the powers up and running easily. It's ironic that when you have a ship that has great capability like the T6 D7 Temporal Battlecruiser, that it's not easy to keep things flowing effectively.

I'm admitting here, that I'm not the best pilot by any means. And I'm also asking for help with a situation that can be frustrating. If you have any suggestions, please post. Thanking you in advance.

Q'apla!
klingon-bridge.jpg

Comments

• staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Hmmm.

I'm not sure the T6 D7 is simpler - you've still got 12 BOff abilities, it's just that you get 4 x Lt Cdr slots and the options of Temporal and Intelligence abilities.

My personal solution is to slot a few abilities on space bar keybind, that can run continuously; EPTS, EPTW, A2SIF, Tac team. Between skills, multiple copies, BOffs and DOffs, you can keep these at near-continuous operation, meaning you can then concentrate on the others.
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    I wanted to keep this in the Klingon forum because I'm making an observation regarding two Klingon ships, the T5-U Fleet K'tinga Battlecruiser Retrofit and the T6 D7 Temporal Battlecruiser. First, some obvious considerations. The T6 ship has more hull. More hull never hurts. Enough said there. Second, the T6 has a 5forward/3 aft layout vs the T5-U's 4 forward/4 aft layout. I would argue that the T6's layout is easier to put more guns on the target on a forward run although, depending on what weapons are slotted aft on the T5-U, this can be easily remedied so that the T5-U comes up to speed.

Now to my observation. I'm finding that because of the BOFF layout and abilities on the T6 that there are so many powers to keep popping that I'm overwhelmed with what to click next. The T5-U however has a much simpler BOFF layout and I can concentrate on keeping the powers up and running easily. It's ironic that when you have a ship that has great capability like the T6 D7 Temporal Battlecruiser, that it's not easy to keep things flowing effectively.

I'm admitting here, that I'm not the best pilot by any means. And I'm also asking for help with a situation that can be frustrating. If you have any suggestions, please post. Thanking you in advance.

Q'apla!

I am very happy with my Fleet T5U K'tinga. It is well balanced and as noted, wise aft weapon choice cancels much of the edge that five in front would give.

Qapla.
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Q'apla!

I am very happy with my Fleet T5U K'tinga. It is well balanced and as noted, wise aft weapon choice cancels much of the edge that five in front would give.

Qapla.[/quote]

True, that. 5-forward only really becomes a major advantage when you go down the DHC/turrets route.

The Fleet K't'inga is a solid ship, just from a dated meta (ie 2012). Which is not really inappropriate, when you think about it.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    i dont think 5 fore weapons is even good with cannons it seems like it stutters the firing rate. compared to a 4 fore cannon. now if your throwing in a torp with 4 dhc fore maybe.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG