test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dyson sphere, is there anything interesting there??

Hey.

I went there today after the mission "Sphere of ingluence" and i was waiting for some nice continuum for the story arc, instead i have just given a bunch of pewpew stuff to do with extremely few words or story involved, at least nothing apparent.

Is this zone just some daily hub to do grinding or is there some actual story? So far i have completed 4 episodes there just by flying around, this does not feel right..
Captain Hunt, at your service!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    And now i have been runnin around Voth battlezone for half an hour without any idea how to capture a point which is located on the map but outside a map and there is nothing to shoot or nothing to interact, could really use some help!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    If you are talking about Solaene, then there are some scattered notes and something in the park/forest are(no spoiler). But other than that the place doesnt have much in story
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    Various pick up missions for marks and dil, access to the contested zone, access to space and ground battle zones.

It's varied content.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hmm, i guess i will scout the other sphere then and come back here to check things with better patience :dizzy:
    I was in fact assuming i would continue to Breen invasion but all breen and borg stuff are greyed out for me for some reason. I was thrown right to the sphere going past couple of story arcs that i was expecting to get after "Boldly they rode".

I would also like to ask aboyt this mission in the contested zone "Secure Voth technology". I have arrived to location of said tech, i am about 10 meters from the assumed tech, all there happens is that waves of Voth ships spawn endlessly to the tech location but no matter how many waves i defeat, the tech re,mains in place and i cant interact or anything else to actually collect it to complete mission. What am i doing wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    SPACE DINOSAURS!

That is what.
    Tower control mission still sucks though...
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Influence.
  • Options
    After doing these episodes, i do not believe they should be called as eousides at all. Feels more like "Introduction to Sphere"m tour which could be one episode but not in any means 5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    giant dinosaurs with lasers on 'em.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,987 Arc User
    radagast75 wrote: »
    Hey.
    Is this zone just some daily hub to do grinding or is there some actual story? So far i have completed 4 episodes there just by flying around, this does not feel right..
    A hub for grinding unique ground and space content. There might be a story to it if you have a vivid imagination. Apparently somebody got drunk and came up with the idea of dinosaurs with laser beams. It didn't feel right to me either, those episodes are just an introduction to the zone.

Everything you've posted seems to be a pretty accurate assessment of things. That being said, once you're able to find your way around and figure out how things work a bit better, things should improve.
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    You see this a lot in MMORPGs, basically developers make an area designed for play at level cap. Full of mostly repeatable missions and stuff like taking control of areas. And then quests to introduce all those missions.

Only the level cap (or game) moves on and that place gets abandoned. And so it seems out of place.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Hmm, i guess i will scout the other sphere then and come back here to check things with better patience :dizzy:
    I was in fact assuming i would continue to Breen invasion but all breen and borg stuff are greyed out for me for some reason. I was thrown right to the sphere going past couple of story arcs that i was expecting to get after "Boldly they rode".

I would also like to ask aboyt this mission in the contested zone "Secure Voth technology". I have arrived to location of said tech, i am about 10 meters from the assumed tech, all there happens is that waves of Voth ships spawn endlessly to the tech location but no matter how many waves i defeat, the tech re,mains in place and i cant interact or anything else to actually collect it to complete mission. What am i doing wrong?

The story arcs being greyed out is something that others are suffering from as well.
  • Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Some new area's will have to be added to the Jenolan and Solanae Shell's(Dyson's intended name for it) eventually.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Just do those "episodes", pull them off like a bandaid and dont cry like a baby. It only takes a few minutes and you get rewards.

If fact doing them answers your exact question! Whats it all about. Smh
  • Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    Another thing I've mentioned before is that they should make new weapons for the Delta-Q species and add a section for the g-weapons vendor in both spheres.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    giant dinosaurs with lasers on 'em.

All we need now is a water world with giant sharks with frickin lasers on their heads and our world is complete. Love the sig btw.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    The story of the Dyson Sphere is mostly played out through the Reputation System. You do the combat missions and amass Dyson Sphere marks, which you then use to level up your reputation through five tiers. At each tier you unlock a cutscene that fleshes out the story a bit.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    There's plenty to do in there. Just gotta go find it. I go there mainly for Dyson marks (read: dino hunting).
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User

Yeah, there's a glitch with "Sphere of Influence" and "Sunrise" where they unlock at level fifty whether you've completed the missions ahead of them in the storyline or not. That may be what you've encountered.

Besides the Dyson and Undine Marks, the Solanae Sphere is a good place for DOffing; there's two Exploration assignments in the Allied Zone (one at the top and one at the bottom of the map), there's all the assignments available in the starting area of the Undine Zone, in the 'Current Map' tab you can find a steady supply of Science, Trade, and Exploration assignments with the occasional Recruitment one tossed in..
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...