test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan harassment

While i do like that i am not being reminded that the timeline is secure i do not like being harassed by Romulans either making outrageous demands that i go to their planet and solve local problems which i have already solved time and time again.

Ever since the last patch each login i get a message from one of the area missions for the new romulus adventure zone. accepting them then dropping them has no stopped them from popping up.

What is the deal? redundant code or some such?

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    there's a setting in options somewhere to turn off these. I think it's called "Remote contact".

Also, in most cases you can accept then leave it to sit in your mission journal indefinitely.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Sounds like you have 'Autohail' on in the options and since the New Rom AZ missions are now added to the storyline, they're triggering it. Try turning off Autohail if it's on or going to Journal-Episodes-New Romulus and accepting and running the missions one last time and seeing if that fixes them.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Sounds like you have 'Autohail' on in the options and since the New Rom AZ missions are now added to the storyline, they're triggering it. Try turning off Autohail if it's on or going to Journal-Episodes-New Romulus and accepting and running the missions one last time and seeing if that fixes them.

Hold up they added those to the actual storyline arcs?

I have been getting warehouse which makes sense but what does Pathoros (or whatever it is called) crater have to do with the newest arc?
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    The New Romulus missions, at the end, tie into the start of the Solanae arc, I guess they put them in jouranl so people who hadn't done the rep system weren't confused?
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
    I'm actually finding it kind of handy on my main - I had been grinding New Rom rep, but got sidetracked by the Iconian War and left the rep missions to moulder. Now I'm getting reminders to go run the ones I missed before.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There are two different cave Missions. The 'Overgrown Caves' one in the Paehhoes Crater and the 'Power Source' one in the Hwael Ruins. The latter is the one that is the final mission needed to complete Tier 5 of the Romulan Reputation called 'Secrets of the Ancients'. The daily for New Romulus just does not have the D'Tan sequences.

I noticed a slight bug in the 'Power Source' yesterday when I ran the Mission. After you enter the Cave you get the Exit Cave Button right away. You need to be careful when picking up loot or interacting with any artifact or such. That stupid Exit Caves button is at the top of any other interaction buttons and generally has focus. Don't just click through as you will bring up the confirmation dialog with your Science Officer about really being sure about Exiting. A time waster when trying to prevent overloads in the final confrontation.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    There are two different cave Missions. The 'Overgrown Caves' one in the Paehhoes Crater and the 'Power Source' one in the Hwael Ruins. The latter is the one that is the final mission needed to complete Tier 5 of the Romulan Reputation called 'Secrets of the Ancients'. The daily for New Romulus just does not have the D'Tan sequences.

I noticed a slight bug in the 'Power Source' yesterday when I ran the Mission. After you enter the Cave you get the Exit Cave Button right away. You need to be careful when picking up loot or interacting with any artifact or such. That stupid Exit Caves button is at the top of any other interaction buttons and generally has focus. Don't just click through as you will bring up the confirmation dialog with your Science Officer about really being sure about Exiting. A time waster when trying to prevent overloads in the final confrontation.

This also happens in some of the newer episodes. Before you get a chance to pick up loot, you're transported to the next area of the map.

It's even a problem in some queues like Khitomer ground. But at least you need to confirm beaming up there... some of the other examples don't even have that anymore so one time pressing the F key too often can be quite costly and annoying in such cases indeed.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    on the upside... do em all once, get an accolade and the hails stop
    on the upside... do em all once, get an accolade and the hails stop

Seems like the only way :disappointed:
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, I'm not really sure what's up with these.

The auto hails were bugging me (I want them on for legit stuff) and I really didn't want to do these missions again, but I finally just bit the bullet and went and did the missions. Once I did them, the hails stopped and Romulan Command seems to understand now that I'm done running around New Romulus like a 1st year Cadet.

For some reason, this started after the last update, the game just wants you to redo 2 missions you have already done. Not sure why, but it's not like I had anything better to do, especially now that Red Alerts no longer seem to work.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I ran all the New Romulus Missions twice over the weekend. 1080 Dilithium and 20 Marks per really built up reserves.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    The New Romulus missions, at the end, tie into the start of the Solanae arc, I guess they put them in jouranl so people who hadn't done the rep system weren't confused?

I'm pretty sure that's what it was. The episode "Sphere of Influence" opens in the Iconian gateway cave and its story assumes that the player has already "discovered" that location by playing the "Power Source" mission - which wouldn't be the case if (like me with all of my toons) you either hadn't been grinding the NR rep, or hadn't reached Tier V on it yet. I ended up playing those two missions in reversed order, and I presume so did a lot of other players. Moving the NR rep missions to the main storyline fixes this problem.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    jade1280 wrote: »
    i do not like being harassed by Romulans

Depends on how cute the Romulan is... :D
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    jade1280 wrote: »
    i do not like being harassed by Romulans

Depends on how cute the Romulan is... :D

It's Tovan Khev.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I tend to replay them often as they are the only source for the New Rom Lore accolades, in that you acquire the items to run the doff mission for the datapadds from them.
    not quite. There are several things on New Romulus where you collect stuff and turn it in that will give data too. This is what stuff like [Resonating Rock] is for.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    I haven't been hailed on my toons that completed all of the missions, only on the ones that skipped the warehouse. (Haven't checked yet whether the others will pop up afterwards, I did them on all toons, since they come with the Rom rep. But I heard New Rom is a bit buggy, so I'll wait it out until that's resolved with the missions lingering on in my calendar).
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    If anyone tells you something is merely "a bit buggy" it means there are barely noticeable minor glitches that might occasionally annoy you.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    I had that same bug with the "Exit Cave" button being stuck in the middle of my screen, and I had to be super careful not to hit it accidentally. I was still able to get it done, but still... Why do they keep breaking things in this game that used to work perfectly fine?
  • dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I tend to replay them often as they are the only source for the New Rom Lore accolades, in that you acquire the items to run the doff mission for the datapadds from them.
    not quite. There are several things on New Romulus where you collect stuff and turn it in that will give data too. This is what stuff like [Resonating Rock] is for.

Resonating Rocks, Radiation Reports, and Glowing Plants (I think that's what they are) are only good for Romulan Marks. You get the data items from Red Alerts on New Romulus, which aren't exactly super rare, but are pretty much impossible to complete without quite a few players participating. Especially that one where you have to lure baby Nanovs up the river. They move so slowly you'll be lucky to get one up there if you start too far downstream.
  • theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    I don't even bother with the one in the Atlai River with the baby nanovs. They're too slow for me to get much, if any of it done. If I want Rom marks I figure I can get them in quicker, more efficient ways.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    I had that same bug with the "Exit Cave" button being stuck in the middle of my screen, and I had to be super careful not to hit it accidentally. I was still able to get it done, but still... Why do they keep breaking things in this game that used to work perfectly fine?

Probably because writing software tends to be full with unintended consequences which are hard to track down. You don't even have to touch something at all to "break" it. Change a flag on a mission, and suddenly a strange combination with other numbers will occur due to some oversight in line 271809 of the code, which will only happen under certain circumstances on another mission if you say didn't do the optionals on said mission.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    In all seriousness if these missions are part of a new story arc in the journal would it not make ALOT more sense and be neater to have them only appear in the order like every other arc instead of having 3 or 4 hails per log in IF you remove them from the mission journal.

Cryptic could make these much neater and fluid after all we all want a polished Star trek game and it is the little things that make a difference.
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Goddamn space elves already lost one homeworld and they can barely hold on to the second without the rest of the galaxy supporting them.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    It seems to be some sort of bug, cause I'm pretty sure I did all these missions on my toons. I also noticed that sometimes, when I leave DS9 system, I'm prompted to do the missions Cold Call, Second Wave and another one from that area.
    IInLzhi.gif
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I like that Cryptic moved the New Romulus into their own story arc. That means those missions all have 30 minute cooldowns instead of 20 hours.

Last Sunday I pretty much ran around New Romulus all day long on all my captains. It was actually a nice change of pace from spending most of my time in space and combat was pretty minimal.

Oddly... all of my captains on my primary account have already completed all the missions and maxed out the New Romulus rep, but only two of my captains were prompted to go to New Romulus.
    Post edited by jaguarskx on
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    I think the Romulans like you. So stock up on Romulan Ale and lend a hand!
    klingon-bridge.jpg