test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone getting these problems over the past 24 hours?

Just getting launcher to open takes time many "attempting to open launcher, please be patient" 2-4 times...

Loading up before the engage button lights up take quite a bit of time.

When at the character selecting screen, the character's ship and half the boffs don't appear, and when trying to click to another character, nothing happens.

When finally getting in, instead of 'loading maps' it says "redirecting"

And not to mention horrific rubber banding and what I call 'pinballing' I walk a few paces out ,and without even seeing a rubber band effect, I'm back to me starting position, like time went back several seconds. Same thing's happened to me in Never winter, the pinball effect.

All this in the past 24 hours....it was fine 2 days ago. o.o
dvZq2Aj.jpg

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I had a similar issue with Champions that was somehow fixed by rebooting my computer... no idea how they fixed it but...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    nope but I bet resetting your IP would do the trick. either that or flushing your DNS cache
    To clear your DNS cache if you use Windows 7, perform the following steps:

Click Start.
    Enter cmd in the Start menu search text box.
    Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.

Run the following command:
    ipconfig /flushdns
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    I get an issue like that, but I just kill my wireless connection and re-connect. I guess it's my router that's doing it.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    nope but I bet resetting your IP would do the trick. either that or flushing your DNS cache
    To clear your DNS cache if you use Windows 7, perform the following steps:

Click Start.
    Enter cmd in the Start menu search text box.
    Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.

Run the following command:
    ipconfig /flushdns

Still acting funny. When the loading screen between maps comes up, I'm now always getting "hit any key" and then everything is twitching is the best way to describe this....can take up to a minutes to stop. And at the character selection screen, it takes quite some time for the selected character to appear.

Hell, clicking any response or command button in game takes several attempts, now.

Prior to yesterday, everything was fine...even Never Winter's acting weird.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    try setting the renderscale value.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    And SNR's up the wahoo.

Also, when I first get into game, with EACH toon....it takes like 30 seconds before I can do ANYTHING. I walk, say from a door to another door....I snap back to door one. Or my toon's upper body is twitching at the shoulders and waist several times. I make the ship go foreword, won't go for like 10 seconds and WHAM I'm going about, like a sputtering old car. Not to mention 20 r 30 seconds for those green words coming up, like doff assignments completed and so on.

What in the hell HAPPENED to the game, here. I am not even USING the new lighting system, at all. o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Mine was related to windows 10 downloading a gigantic patch, and after that.. another patch... so check that first, i disabled the download, and everything is normal now
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Mine was related to windows 10 downloading a gigantic patch, and after that.. another patch... so check that first, i disabled the download, and everything is normal now

so, what so I do, then?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    The problem I'm having is that when I get the point where I'm loading in a new area (like Earth Space Dock or New Romulus), the little counter on the screen just stops and I never progress any further, meaning I have to completely shut down the game (usually by control alt delete and then task bar). Earlier today, couldn't even do that as it just wouldn't let me out of it, so I had to restart my computer from scratch to move forward.

As I've heard no acknowledgement from Cryptic that there's a problem they're looking into, I reupped my subscription to SWTOR and I'll watch for any notices saying they're addressing this issue, and if they don't, it was a good run while it lasted.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    when it freezes I just need to click on the screen a few times and it either unfreezes or a prompt to kill it comes up.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    So far, here's an idea of how it feels. :|
    qPIq2P5.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Have you tried running an internet speed test?

See what speeds you're getting vs. what your ISP says you should be getting. It could be as simple as not enough bandwidth, if you run that and things don't look right you might want to get a hold of your ISP and see what's up.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

Sorry, i was out.. anyway, i changed my wifi conection to metered conection, you go to settings, wifi, Known networs, properties, and change it to metered conection.. so it wont download updates..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    Could it be that also windows 10 (which microsoft so GENEROUSLY imposed on my compy WITHOUT PERMISSION) be the issue? I heard the home edition can't be changed, for it lacks something the pro versions have and they like suck up 80% of one's bandwidth. How does one work around that? I looked on a bunch of sites, but it's so confusing T_T

This keeps up, I might have to retire from STO, NW and pretty much ALL online gaming for lord knows how long. :'(

Bill Gates....I hope you die.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Could it be that also windows 10 (which microsoft so GENEROUSLY imposed on my compy WITHOUT PERMISSION) be the issue? I heard the home edition can't be changed, for it lacks something the pro versions have and they like suck up 80% of one's bandwidth. How does one work around that? I looked on a bunch of sites, but it's so confusing T_T

This keeps up, I might have to retire from STO, NW and pretty much ALL online gaming for lord knows how long. :'(

If you haven't changed any Windows 10 settings after the install it's possible Windows 10 is using your bandwidth in a peer to peer configuration to send updates to other user PCs on the internet. You CAN disable that even in Windows 10 Home edition:

Read this:
    http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/windows-10-update-settings,2-1038.html

You want to click on:
    "Update and Security"
    then
    "Advanced Options"
    then
    "Choose How Updates are Delivered"
    and on that screen just slide the item to "Off"

Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Thanks for that, Armsman - I mentioned the peer-to-peer thing to a housemate and they weren't happy to know it was there and were glad to turn it off.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2016

If you haven't changed any Windows 10 settings after the install it's possible Windows 10 is using your bandwidth in a peer to peer configuration to send updates to other user PCs on the internet. You CAN disable that even in Windows 10 Home edition:

Read this:

You want to click on:
    "Update and Security"
    then
    "Advanced Options"
    then

Unfortunately, if you have the 'Anniversary Update, ' then this no longer works. You can no longer choose to Notify for updates, you can only choose when the computer restarts.

If you really want to disable Updates in Windows 10, you can, they just don't put it anywhere that you can pick.

Press your Windows Key to bring up the Start Menu and type 'Services.'

Click on the Services Desktop App

Scroll toward the bottom and find the Service titled 'Windows Update.'

Right click on that service and select 'Stop.' Then do a properties on that Service and set it from Automatic to Disabled.

This will permanently disable all updates on your Windows 10 PC. Just know that if you want to update the PC you'll have to start that service first. Having this service disabled also interferes with your ability to install Apps from the Windows Store and a few other Windows Features.

If you really feel that Windows Updates are causing your issue then the best way is to just run the Windows Update, let Windows fully update and then once done, launch STO.

You might also want to run that Speed Test and make sure nothing is up with your connection.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Hang on EVERYONE had strange internet issues on their end at the same time in different parts of the world?
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User

Read this:

You want to click on:
    "Update and Security"
    then
    "Advanced Options"
    then

Unfortunately, if you have the 'Anniversary Update, ' then this no longer works. You can no longer choose to Notify for updates, you can only choose when the computer restarts.

If you really want to disable Updates in Windows 10, you can, they just don't put it anywhere that you can pick.

Press your Windows Key to bring up the Start Menu and type 'Services.'

Click on the Services Desktop App

Scroll toward the bottom and find the Service titled 'Windows Update.'

Right click on that service and select 'Stop.' Then do a properties on that Service and set it from Automatic to Disabled.

This will permanently disable all updates on your Windows 10 PC. Just know that if you want to update the PC you'll have to start that service first. Having this service disabled also interferes with your ability to install Apps from the Windows Store and a few other Windows Features.

If you really feel that Windows Updates are causing your issue then the best way is to just run the Windows Update, let Windows fully update and then once done, launch STO.

You might also want to run that Speed Test and make sure nothing is up with your connection.

What I posted works fine - no, you can't an never could disable updates in Windows 10 Home. The only thing you cabn do (which I outlined above) is PREVENT Microsoft from using your bandwidth to distribute their updates to other PCs on the Internet via peer to peer. Nowhere in my post did I state you could disable MS Updates.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    And each time I do a disk cleanup, I suddenly find a whole GIG of memory in the temp...each time...until a few days ago, it was never that big, just what's going on in here? o.O
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    Things were so much better BEFORE Microsoft TRIBBLE my compy by putting windows 10 on it without my permission.

~grabs a Bill Gates voodoo doll and crams a filleting knife into its crotch~

DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!! :|
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    I've been having the exact same problems as the OP. The game is literally unplayable. It's like it's running on dial-up or something. RAGE!!
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    Yes plus I've been getting server drops too
    Fleet Admiral Stephen