test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"You've been promoted to moderator!"... What!?

tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
I'm guessing it's a bug of some sort, but when I checked the forum this afternoon, I got the notification that I had been promoted to moderator. No communication otherwise, which I'm guessing they would at least PM someone before making them a Mod.

There doesn't seem to be a Forums issue subforum and I don't see any extra subforums for Mods, so I'm making a thread here that real mods can delete if needed. I'm also not sure who I should tag to see how to correct this, so I'll start with @pwlaughingtrendy

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    I am humbled by this new responsibility. :)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    I figure the same thing. I didn't apply for anything in this regard, ever. WTH?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Sort of on-topic, we could use a mod on the Steam forums.
  • palek2000palek2000 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I was also just promoted to moderator. Not complaining, but also not sure what my new responsibilities are...
    Former Forum Moderator - 10.28.2016 2:04pm-4:06pm
    PC LTS - Launch
    XBox Freeloader - Launch
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    On the plus side they pretty much have to give us a tour of Cryptic now.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Same here. Got a message, but not really any "powers" to go with it...

And a nifty little icon by my name. Arc loves me for some reason...

Oh, I saw like 200+ people were named in that post with me. Gonna be fun times soon...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I'm glad they didn't make me a moderator! :)
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    with great power comes great responsibilities.

ban all the pc players.... lol
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    It's not the moderation you're thinking of...they get a different kind of Logo...It's just another rank in Arc user database having Arc for a certain amount of time
    GwaoHAD.png
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    Everybody in general discussions is now officially banned!
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »

Yeah, pretty much the same here, I can't edit other peoples posts, or delete individual posts either.
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Cool
    tom61sto wrote: »
    dareau wrote: »

Yeah, pretty much the same here, I can't edit other peoples posts, or delete individual posts either.

That's why they don't just make people Mods
    GwaoHAD.png
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    :'(
    The title is as meaningful as Captain Crunch
    GwaoHAD.png
  • libertyprime#7477 libertyprime Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Liberty moderator is now online​​
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    I wonder if a bunch of banned members are now mods...
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    It's not the moderation you're thinking of...they get a different kind of Logo...It's just another rank in Arc user database having Arc for a certain amount of time

It seems we have a wide range of user join dates, being made mod, though. Also, if it's going by Arc linking/sign-up date, lots of people would get before me as I kept Cryptic login for a fair bit before converting to Arc login.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Uhh, wut?

I don't mind the promotion, but is it legit?
    Imagine if they messed up and really did make everyone mods..LOL! The mod wars would be Epic!!

Everything would be deleted cause everyone is offended about someone's opinion

Imagine Me with that power...For the love of Q all Bajoran Avatars I would Mod the TRIBBLE out of you.

And don't get me started on Garak
    GwaoHAD.png
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    This thread is now closed.

lol
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    It seems to be related to the Bug Hunter status, i'm no longer a bug hunter..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »

It seems we have a wide range of user join dates, being made mod, though. Also, if it's going by Arc linking/sign-up date, lots of people would get before me as I kept Cryptic login for a fair bit before converting to Arc login.

Could also be something related to using ARC, I've logged in to arc way back when but haven't been "using" it on a daily basis...

And why would they call their first rank "moderator"?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    The title is as meaningful as Captain Crunch

That's CAP'N Crunch to you! (even more meaningless)

And, Yay? for the 'Mod' title! :p
  • conkav22conkav22 Member Posts: 8,146 Arc User
    Whatever it is its weird​​
    conkav22 wrote: »
    Whatever it is its weird​​

Can't sit in the cool kids table lol :D;)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    I still say that all of you 'Mods' are going to be added to the game as equipment modifiers.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    I will sell my position for a LTS