test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Redeeming old promo keys??

Hey!

Upon cleaning my email folders, i noticed that i have couple of unused promo keys for Star Trek Online on my trash inbox >.<

Tried to enter them to ARC page where you can redeem codes but all the thing says is "Enter valid key".

There was at least a code for some 5 year anniversary gift and a code for free Pathfinder ship with some nice character bonuses but there was no mention at all that these codes will ever get old OR no mention of how long they are valid...

I would like to know a bit more and i can say that i dont trust what ARC site says.. It took me couple of hours to just resubscribe to the game, it did not even want to accept my money XD, kept asking to relog again, complainened cookies not working then they worked and so forth...

So, anyone knpow do these keys actually ever get old OR if it is common that ARC keeps irritating me?
Captain Hunt, at your service!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    U.S.S. Bumper
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Maybe this one will work for you?
  • Options
    Thanks, but that page seems to only accept CD key type of jeys, the keys mailed to me are too short for that one :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    those keys/codes are tied to account... so you claiming it on an account that is different from the email would be invalid.
  • Options
    Yes, i know. It reads on the mail that these are account binded keys :)

I have not used these keys as they were unread in the junk mail section of Gmail, darned thing had redirected them there for some reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    This one handles arc keys
    This one handles Steam keys

Along with my original post - That's all I got
  • Options
    Thanks for those.

I do wonder though.. Do these keys ever get expired? This last one with Pathfinder is from 15/11/2015 so its kind of old.. Then again, i seem to have unused trial key for STO on my Cryptic account, wonder why that still exists there XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    depends... if promo code they probably "can" expire since PW gave em away. but if it's a code that is bought from PW then that code probably can not have an expire date cause cash was used...

the codes probably doesnt have an official expiration date, but if they ever did housecleaning on the database they could wipe out all unclaimed codes.

the only codes they cant wipe out would be codes they set aside for sale... since they got money for those. would be illegal I think, they could be faced with a lawsuit saying JohnDoe paid cash for a code that does not work.

if for instance you bought a promo code that doesnt work... you would have to go after the reseller and not PW since PW would never "sell" a promotional code.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    pm @LaughingTrendy she can help

there was an old page where we could see how many days we have played . there was also a redeem key menu but i couldn't find the adress
  • Options
    @garaks31

Says "User not found" when i try to use that user you suggested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    O_o' cloaked admins!

actually it's @pwlaughingtrendy
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    You might try clicking your account name on the top right of the page, My Profile, click the 'hamburger' menu top left, My Account, Manage Subscription on the right above the password edit menu. You can log in from that page (which might take a couple times trying, it has an issue with cookies, and apparently with uppercase letters in your username), once in, click Main Menu on top right, and then Activate Key...hope that helps you, and anyone else looking! :)