Install Arc
Options

German news page is once more "more new"

2»

Comments

• Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    I really don't understand what the big deal is with this. So you have to wait a few hours for the news to get posted here, so what?

Last time this happened it took them almost 3 weeks to finally post it in english, re: the Lukari meeting with S'trass.

It'll probably happen on the day of Artifacts aka the Lockbox Blog in English.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Finally a trait that buffs Photonic Shockwave (Dephic Shockwave). But its on a lockbox ship. Well, there is always something, I suppose.

The Personal Traits look interesting. Could be decent buffs for Engineers.

Trying to translate the abilities:

EPS Overload
    EPS Transfer grants an additional effect that depends on the highest energy level at the time of activation:
    - Weapons -> Critical Hit Chance Buff
    - Engines -> Armor Penetration
    - Shields -> Shield Penetration
    - Aux -> Critical Damag

In addition:
    - Nadionbypass lets Nadion Inversion increase energy weapon damage.
    - Subnculeonic Transfer grants an energy drain/buff to Subnucleonic Beam
    - Photonic Reeinfrocements grants a 4th ship to Photonic Fleet
    - A Good Day to Die enables use of Go Down Fighting at any hull level
    - Coordinated Target Systems reduce the cooldown on Fire on My Mark if the target dies while FOMM is still active.

The ships are meh in looks, but they are Temporal Commander ships with a secondary spec access that is LtCmdr level.

Some of those upgrades to the captain abilities are really good.

Also quite like the style of the weapons, but not too fond of the sphere builder ships.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    The designs of the ground weapons are actually pretty cool looking.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    I likes what I see so far :D
    I want that smaller sphere ship, and those costumes :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Do you need a cough, sweet?

Aaw, why yes, would you pat my spiky back, hun? pig-8.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Actually this lateness of News Blogs have been occurring since around last November. While Blogs for Lockboxes and Ships Stats, and Patch Notes for 'Major' Releases would appear x, y, and z numbers of days before the release, of late all that stuff has been piled up the day (night) before or the day itself.

Look at the pathetic content nature of the in-game Calendar. Now we hear about special weekends the day it starts. 'Hearts and Minds' for Halloween - do you even see that on the Calendar?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »

There seems to have been a tiny little bit of editing going on here :#
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    that's what you get for not calling it a cough drop like normal people​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options

Aaaw, common, it's barely there pig-2.gif Now gimme a backrub pig-4.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User

Why are you not in the marmite factory? Who keeps letting you out?!

/yay ships with a giant sphere attachment!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    that's what you get for not calling it a cough drop like normal people

I am normal people. It's all them darn Americans getting names wrong.

Aaaw, common, it's barely there pig-2.gif Now gimme a backrub pig-4.gif
    l_oab-14006-no._39_-_4_row_extra_stiff_brazing_brush.png

With blood conditioner?
    thay8472 wrote: »

Why are you not in the marmite factory? Who keeps letting you out?!

/yay ships with a giant sphere attachment!

If you filled in the holes I keep digging you'd keep me in wouldn't you?​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    who's the one who calls medicine a sweet? it certainly isn't us...​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    who's the one who calls medicine a sweet? it certainly isn't us...

It's not medicine. It's a fruit flavoured sweet with a little bit of Paracetamol or Vitamin C in it as a placebo.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    With blood conditioner?
    (...)

Oh artan, you're trying too hard. You know Targs like it rough pig-34.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    ltminns wrote: »
    Actually this lateness of News Blogs have been occurring since around last November. While Blogs for Lockboxes and Ships Stats, and Patch Notes for 'Major' Releases would appear x, y, and z numbers of days before the release, of late all that stuff has been piled up the day (night) before or the day itself.

Look at the pathetic content nature of the in-game Calendar. Now we hear about special weekends the day it starts. 'Hearts and Minds' for Halloween - do you even see that on the Calendar?

Seems to me to have started about the time trendy got promoted... her replacement just doesn't have the motivation she did
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    I'm not super interested in the ships (for once), but I do like the look of the ground weapons.
  • Options
    With blood conditioner?
    (...)

Oh artan, you're trying too hard. You know Targs like it rough pig-34.gif

There's a little emoticon for a pig in love bleeding!? This forum has everything.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    And another, more important news, that US site is late about 15% sale on master keys - it's from 24.10.2016 to 31.10.2016, i hope PWE will put the english news up before the sale ends...
    arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10197373-15%25-auf-hauptschl%C3%BCssel