test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kelvin Lockboxes

So these lockboxes are coming to console on Thursday. How often do players get the Enterprise from the Kelvin timeline? eca28cba1374348a15ee9d1ef2e390a51467322765.png

Best Answers

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    0.5% chance for getting the ship and opening about 180 lockboxes for the Vengeance. So it is easier to just sell lockbox keys on the exchange and buy the ship on the exchange. It is possible that you might get the ship by opening up 1 to 20 lockboxes, but it is extremely doubtful.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    You can never be sure, but previous tests on the Tribble test servers estimate the drop chance of a ship as around a 0.5 % chance.

So the chance is definitely very low. The safest strategy to get a lockbox ship is to make a lot of Energy Credits and buy it from someone that was lucky on the Exchange. A way to get the EC is to purchase master keys for Zen (mayb Zen made via the Dilithium Exchange) and sell those master keys on the Exchange.

To get the required 900 Lobi for the Dreadnaught, you'd need about 180 Boxes (since the average Lobi drop from a lockbox is 5, worst case would be 225 boxes since the minimum drop is 4 Lobi.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that Thursday date, though. I have a feeling they installed the backend for the update but did a slackjawed job of testing it and it's wreaking havoc on the game. Literal havoc. I'd rather they fix the damage than try and keep to their deadline.
    oldracesbanner.jpg

Answers

• jaso#2253 jaso Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Agreed. I wish they would just make everything available for cash.. Lol.. They didn't say anything about the kelvin uniforms but I want them too and that's 200 lobi..
  • jaso#2253 jaso Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    So it takes over $40 of master keys just to get enough lobi to get the kelvin outfits? That's pretty outrageous..
  • spartan313#8507 spartan313 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    jaso#2253 wrote: »
    So it takes over $40 of master keys just to get enough lobi to get the kelvin outfits? That's pretty outrageous..

your telling me you know how much it cost to get 900 crystals? a min of 200 keys ... thats literally almost 200 bucks in change .. i spent that and now im screwed as i cant get my crystals out of my account bank.. which is why i stopped playing this game entirely i was going through the posts and appearantly there are alot of bugs and glitches going on right now cuz of the maintenance that was recently done...
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    There's no real answer, there's people who are lucky and get it quickly, and then there's people like me who have, in 4 years time of playing and occasionally sinking money into lockboxes, never even won a single prize ship.

Trust me, get your ship by selling keys or earning EC through other methods, that's how I got all my currently owned prize ships.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    There's no real answer, there's people who are lucky and get it quickly, and then there's people like me who have, in 4 years time of playing and occasionally sinking money into lockboxes, never even won a single prize ship.

Trust me, get your ship by selling keys or earning EC through other methods, that's how I got all my currently owned prize ships.

So what is the recommended price to ask for those keys, because I've quickly come to agree with you on this?
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2016

So what is the recommended price to ask for those keys, because I've quickly come to agree with you on this?

Just search for them on the Exchange and take the more typical prizes. There should always be someone offering. Remember to search by ascending price per unit. (Since one can also offer them in packs.)

Watching the key market might also be a chance to detect trends and allow you to buy low and sell high. People more dedicated and less lazy than me have become space rich with such methods. :p
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • fflymaxsterlingfflymaxsterling Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I just put $100 on my account this week + whatever I had left from last week. $100-$110 to get the Connie from the lockboxes. That was on Xbox One.
  • woody#9618 woody Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I managed to get a T6 Connie to drop, but after about $300 and over 100 lockboxes. I know it's a ton of real money to drop, but I'm a WoT player and learned my lesson from that game after spending a little hear and there that added up over time. For STO, figured I'd just drop the cash up front and never spend another dime on this game. My original plan though was to buy the T6 Vengeance and sell it on the exchange and buy the connie with EC, which I managed to do for 50mn EC but the connie dropped before I'd gained enough EC's to buy one, so at least I get to keep the 50mn EC.
  • fflymaxsterlingfflymaxsterling Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I just put $100 on my account this week + whatever I had left from last week. $100-$110 to get the Connie from the lockboxes. That was on Xbox One.

I will say that the mining drill console is great against Borg cubes. I also ended up with about 680 lobi crystals with that cash.