test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how to start a diplomatic mission

I have been looking to start the diplomatic missions on the xbox one version but when i talk to guy on earth star base he says i need to increase my diplomatic level before he gives me any missions he does point me in the direction of celes system in celes sector but i have done that mission twice and have received nothing for it

I looked online and have gone to some of the locations like vulcan which has NO diplomatic missions at all only one guy i can speak to and he is selling stuff

Comments

• xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    I don't know whether this is different on consoles, but I have found three diplomatic missions (unless you mean something else):

1) On Vulcan at the top of the stairs, to your right when looking up, a lady offers one. (Except for her and people you activate during this mission, there is indeed only one commodity salesman IIRC)
    2) On Starbase 39 in the very last room when coming from the transporters, another woman sitting on her desk offers one.
    3) In the space map above Bajor, there is a prompt added on the bottom right (default) to, I think, answer a hail.

Any of these should start a mission. Beware though, they are not really that rewarding, neither with gameplay nor with goodies (I think around 100 DipXP plus a miniscule amount of SpecXP/Expertise)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • draenar13draenar13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Diplomatic missions used to be a thing. They no longer are, being replaced by the diplomatic Duty Officer commendation.

It is something of an STO trope to have left hanging references to removed features in place.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    Once the Duty Officer system comes to console, you'll be able to level up your diplomatic rank through assignments. Until then, yeah, you really don't have many sources of Diplomatic CXP.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Even when the Duty Officer system comes to console, it will be one of the slowest commendations to rank up.
    starkaos wrote: »
    Even when the Duty Officer system comes to console, it will be one of the slowest commendations to rank up.

Really? For me, it's always been one of the faster ones. Then again, maybe that's just because I always prioritize it on my Feds so that I can unlock the transwarp and boff faster :)
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    I do prioritize it, too, for those very reasons. It still gets outclassed by the likes of Engineering, Military, Espionage, Medicine, Colonial. Heck, it would possibly even get outclassed by Exploration if you concentrated on that, what with its dozens of 360-XP-missions. There's, afaik, only two places, where you can get a regular set of at least somewhat worth-it missions, around Sol and around DS9. But unless you intend to either hang out there in space all the time (which IS an option on lesser played toons) or return after each mission, you will often be some random place where you can run exactly one mission. Every other day, that is.

(It is different for KDF and KDF-Roms, Marauding is another story altogether)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    xyquarze wrote: »
    I do prioritize it, too, for those very reasons. It still gets outclassed by the likes of Engineering, Military, Espionage, Medicine, Colonial. Heck, it would possibly even get outclassed by Exploration if you concentrated on that, what with its dozens of 360-XP-missions. There's, afaik, only two places, where you can get a regular set of at least somewhat worth-it missions, around Sol and around DS9. But unless you intend to either hang out there in space all the time (which IS an option on lesser played toons) or return after each mission, you will often be some random place where you can run exactly one mission. Every other day, that is.

(It is different for KDF and KDF-Roms, Marauding is another story altogether)

Yeah, you're right. It (Diplomacy) certainly doesn't have any 1k+ CXP assignments like many others do. :/
  • Well, hell, I don't even seem to be able to trigger the Celes mission. I've only just started playing XBox One and have just made it to Lvl 5. Is there a minimum rank/level requirement or something?!
  • Scratch that - a friend with a much higher-level character tried the same and got nowhere - it seems like Diplomacy is available on consoles yet.