test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Gorn are giving the Lukari a ship

tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
For some reason this has only been posted on the German and French sites, but here's the translated blog about it

@pwlaughingtrendy maybe we could get this on the English blog?

"S'taass replied, "Ah, but that's where I have the opportunity to help you." He turned and walked out of the room to the hallway, then waited for Kuumaarke to join him. That's when she beat in order to lead him to the conference room that he revealed his secret boot.

"I brought you a ship."

Kuumaarke missed tripping and exclaimed: " a ship? ." You offer a ship? »

«This is not a gift, replied S'taass.» This is an opportunity. A gorn ship. A... former model, but in working condition. »"

Not any details beyond that, but interesting. T6 Lukari Gorn ship incoming? This might possibly be an Event ship, like the Kobali Samsar was, so maybe Anniversary, if not the upcoming Winter Event?

Pretty much the entire Gorn inventory is 'former model', so that doesn't narrow it down much. Daragus, Phalanx, and even Varanus playable ships could use updates to T6. There's also the option of updating former NPC-only Gorn ships, like the Tuatara Cruiser or the ever-requested Balaur Dreadnought. I get the impression that Cryptic is aiming the ship to be a balance of damage and durability, so that points to the ill-defined 'destroyer' type ship, which I'm guessing one of the smaller vessels turned into one. The Tuatara is listed as having the turnrate of a Mogai (Destroyer Warbird classed) which could make it fit that bill, even though it's classed as a Cruiser currently.

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I'm not sure it means what you think. It's entirely possible it IS a Phalanx or Varanus.... and just a single NPC ship. As you may have noted from the blog the status of the Lukari ship construction is years out mostly due to how they can't agree on what to do next. The next story line is focused on the Lukari exploring NOW, not later. Thus I suspect that this is an explanation for how the Lukari have a functional ship right now when their own projects are incomplete.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    That's sounds interesting. Any possibility of the TOS Gorn ship from the AoY missions? Lukari haven't managed to travel beyond their own star system so the venerable Gorn ship would still be a dramatic advance beyond their present capabilities. As the Lukari are featuring in the the next sequence in the AoY story line the retro would fit the theme and certainly be well received. If they got that classic Gorn Singlet working at the tailor I think it would be time to create an AoY Gorn captain :) .
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    That's sounds interesting. Any possibility of the TOS Gorn ship from the AoY missions? Lukari haven't managed to travel beyond their own star system so the venerable Gorn ship would still be a dramatic advance beyond their present capabilities. As the Lukari are featuring in the the next sequence in the AoY story line the retro would fit the theme and certainly be well received. If they got that classic Gorn Singlet working at the tailor I think it would be time to create an AoY Gorn captain :) .

The Ddraig Cruiser featured in Shadows of Cestus would be an interesting choice. It's canonical, but probably not well recognized, making it a good candidate to be able to give to everyone, with probably just a few bits added on to make it a bit different.

The only counter-indication is in the linked blog, as it seems to imply that S'taass wants them to be able to stand up to the Klingons, and a TOS era ship wouldn't be great at bootstrapping to that level. Though, given that they have a pile of KDF weapons and a pile of Fed Science stuff, maybe the ship itself wouldn't even matter.
    I'm not sure it means what you think. It's entirely possible it IS a Phalanx or Varanus.... and just a single NPC ship. As you may have noted from the blog the status of the Lukari ship construction is years out mostly due to how they can't agree on what to do next. The next story line is focused on the Lukari exploring NOW, not later. Thus I suspect that this is an explanation for how the Lukari have a functional ship right now when their own projects are incomplete.

It could be a one-off NPC ship, but quite often in this game we gain access to the allied ships in some way. We help recover the Kobali Samar, we got one after an Event grind. We helped getting ready to build and launch the Annorax... then we get the chance to 'win' it via Promotion Packs.
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    The Ddraig would actually make a lot of sense... the model's built, it's very neutral-looking, and they've "cashed in" on most of the other designs for AoY. So why not?

Probably the only way we'll ever see a T6 Gorn ship, anyway.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I don't think they'd make the full Ddraig cross-faction. Now a Lukari retrofit of the Ddraig? maybe...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg