test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek online Moba?

Undine Assault

Imagine if they made that a player vs player type thing, instead of player vs undine

Top,mid, bot

Could be a good thing, put a star base behind the 3 stations at each side, and walla, Sto moba that's fun

I'd que up for hours..

I don't see why that can't impimented

-cheers

Comments

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Moba.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The reason why it can't be implemented is STO PvP is dead. There was a dev blog years ago where the devs admitted to thinking about removing PvP for good instead of being in its current state that hasn't changed for years. Even if STO introduced the best PvP event ever, there is no way to deal with the lousy reputation that STO has for PvP.
  • centricitycentricity Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    @starkaos they can fix up for console though, console relievers a new platform, anyway it's just an idea I thought I'd share
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    moba..... how about HELL NO
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Uhm well this should devolve into a nice entertaining thread
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Are you a top, mod or a bot?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mas134gluck123mas134gluck123 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    maybe good idea, but i not pvp-er not sure would that be runing at quues, as for now PVP queus are empty, i see there sometimes 1 to 2 people quued for pvp queses, but its need 10 or 12 to play, so i guess that one also would be dead qeue :/

Not to mention if your team is full of not so "good" equiped players, while their team is, then that would be total extermination of yours team, unless if you can assemble your team vs some other assembled team, but i think random queing wouldn't work :/
  • centricitycentricity Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Yeah meh, I'll just roll a klink and grief ppl in kerrat,
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    I like the idea, fractured space has a few hints on how to do it with space ships. The problem I see is "roles" and balancing, because an average player with a good ship can steamroll a newer player just like that ... I can only see a solution to that by providing prebuild ships with certain "roles" and abilities. Doable, but in a restricited way.
    Go pro or go home
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Pre-builds... just like Mobas :).

Because right now the TTK in PvP is absurd. Its ONE salvo, in most cases and its even more boring that flipping a coin.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    is that another way of saying he wants to turn STO into EVE?
    sig.jpg
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    is that another way of saying he wants to turn STO into EVE?

Not really.
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    You might wanna reconsider that idea, because the following threads will be all over the forum:

"Why are Russians such bad players?!"

"How do I play without Russians on my team!?"

"CYKA BLYAT!"

"X ship is OP, please NERF!"

"Please make region restricted matches Cryptic, fed up playing with Russians!"

"How do I keep Peruvians out of my queues!?"

"How do I get out of low priority?!"

Examples brought to you based on the wonderful and totally tolerant DOTA 2 Steam forums.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"