test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not Sure If I Just Got Screwed

lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
EDIT = Thanks for the help guys.

EDIT - I went back through and I can honestly state that the information given by Cryptic is indeed lacking. The web page states: "your Reputation projects will be updated so that any project that awards special gear will now replace Mk XII very rare gear with Mk XIII ultra-rare gear instead" but makes no mention of needing to take the additional hidden step of claiming the Tier 5 reward in the Temporal Transponder. The Temporal Transponder Tier rewards are just marks and does not in any way indicate that you need to claim the Tier 5 reward in addition to the completing the Tier 5 reputations.

Basically put everything indicates that all you need to do is complete the Tier 5 reputation in order to receive the reward. Nothing is mentioned in any clear way, that there is an additional step required. In fact it is safe to say that this is a hidden step.

The Tier 5 reward in the Temporal Transponder does not state anything other than it rewards marks. The Info for the Temporal Transponder itself also lacks specific information regarding the Tier 5 reward. It just states that once unlocked the rewards are account wide and must be claimed by each character on the account.

In the Tier 5 reputation information page, it says nothing about it either. Couple that with the way the web page states the info, one is clearly lead to believe that all one need do is complete all reputations through Tier 5 in order to obtain the Tier 5 unlock account wide.

OP - So I just leveled my TOS Temporal character (toon) up in all of the Reputations including, yup you guessed it, Temporal. My understanding was, that once that was done, the unlock for: "your Reputation projects will be updated so that any project that awards special gear will now replace Mk XII very rare gear with Mk XIII ultra-rare gear instead" account wide. That is this unlock would work for all reputations across all of my toons on my account. Well, unless I got it wrong, this does not work. Or at least it did not work for me. After leveling I purchased and Iconion Deflector, and when it was completed, it was just the standard old XII version. I wasted a lot of resources on it and am rather bumbed by this. So my question is, did I just get screwed, or did I do something wrong?

For those who can't read, yes the toon is a TOS Temporal agent. Yes it is level 5 in all reputations. Yes all level 5 upgrades are done.
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
Post edited by lordatrocities on

Comments

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Did you go and claim that reward with said alternate toon before starting the project? If not, you messed up.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Claim the reward for each character. Change maps and also change characters. Log back in to the character. Be happy.

Note that kit modules and rep daily and hourly boxes do not get the upgrade, only reputation projects for space sets and weapons.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    it wont upgrade your current running proyects!... just the new ones AFTER you claim the reward..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    Did you go and claim that reward with said alternate toon before starting the project? If not, you messed up.

YES. I did claim the Tier 5 reward before even slotting any new projects on that toon or any other toon. The toon is Tier 5 in all reputations. The unlock should have worked for at least that toon, (A temporal Agent) but did not.

I wasted 1500 Iconian rep, 64k dilithium, on two projects that should have yielded Mk XIII UR gear. (Same gear that we have seen in video's being bought and auto upgraded)

• Options
    GD IT! I just relogged to see if that would update my account and fix the issue, but much to my surprise, it did not fix the issue, and too boot, it cleared my active slotted projects that were pending completion. I just lost everything.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    You have to claim the Reputation rewards in your Temporal Transponder, & all other characters will need to visit the temporal agent outside quinn's office (or at the flotilla or the great hall).

Why in gods name wasn't this information made clearer! GOOD F-ing GOD!

• Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    You have to claim the Reputation rewards in your Temporal Transponder, & all other characters will need to visit the temporal agent outside quinn's office (or at the flotilla or the great hall).

^ This.

It seems soooo obvious once you do it the first time. BUT, if you don't know, it seems very confusing, as you kind of expect it to update automatically.

It doesn't. Heh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You need to look at the equipment you are slotting. If it still says Mk XII VR then you did not meet the requirements for the Character-wide Upgrade. You always need to claim the reward from your Temporal Transponder. I assume you have claimed rewards already for the plethora of other items you received as a Temporal Recruit from your Transponder. No difference. Make sure your other Characters visit the Temporal Agent for each of their multitude of rewards.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    The amount of resources I have lost due to the lack of information regarding this boggles the the mind. Thank you Cryptic for the lack of info. I have never felt the need to uninstall a game before but ya, after this, I am suppressing a strong urge to do just that with STO. Two months of saving erased by a lack of info, and a bug. I can handle the loss due to not knowing about the claiming the temporal reward via the inventory item, but the bug that cleared all my active projects, that, that is just unacceptable. Doesn't matter anyways because they would have had to be cancelled anyways, but still, resetting them should not have occurred. Back to grind. What an expensive lesson this turned out to be.
  • Options
    All the information was very clear and readily available and it's even available in game.

GUVsrog.png

When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Every single reward you get as Temporal Agent requires using the Temporal Beacon and claiming it. Every single c0haracter account unlock requires claiming it at the faction's Temporal Agent if that character isn't a Temporal Agent himself. Have you missed all the other Temporal Agent rewards and never realized that you didn't have the rewards because you hadn't claim them with the Beacon?

Or is it just that you forgot how this works because this was a long-term reward and it has been a few days or weeks since you got a Temporal Agent reward?

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Don't suppress that urge. If you can't accept your own damn mistakes for not double checking the slotted projects before you accepted just leave now. Yes they could have been more clear, but you ain't a child...read stuff damn it.

You are so right. But the lack of information is what kills me. Just a hint would have been helpful. But alas, I should have know. :( Face Palm.... I should have known.

• Options

Every single reward you get as Temporal Agent requires using the Temporal Beacon and claiming it. Every single c0haracter account unlock requires claiming it at the faction's Temporal Agent if that character isn't a Temporal Agent himself. Have you missed all the other Temporal Agent rewards and never realized that you didn't have the rewards because you hadn't claim them with the Beacon?

Or is it just that you forgot how this works because this was a long-term reward and it has been a few days or weeks since you got a Temporal Agent reward?

I missed it completely. I should have known. I honestly can't fathom why the information wasn't made clearer in some way though. But ultimately, I should have known. I didn't, and it cost me. Better luck next time. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    All the information was very clear and readily available and it's even available in game.

GUVsrog.png

It is clear if you know that you need too look for it. I went on blind faith that all I needed was to complete the Reputation to Tier 5 and it would be reward upon collecting the last Tier 5 Rep reward. I was mistaken and that is that. (EDIT)The image you provided still lacks specific information regarding this issue. While it states that you must use a temporal agent in order to claim rewards, it does not state that you must also claim the Tier 5 reward in order to unlock the Tier 5 upgrades. Even the Tier 5 rewards itself only states that you get marks, nothing more. Couple that with the web page stating nothing about using the Temporal Transponder and wording the information in such a way as to indicate that all one need do is simply complete Tier 5 in all reputations, it is no wonder there is confusion over this. (/EDIT)
    Post edited by lordatrocities on
  • Options
    itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    it wont upgrade your current running proyects!... just the new ones AFTER you claim the reward..

If you have an unfinished project do you have to cancel and start over?

ITPaladin.png
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    If you cancel, you will lose everything associated with that project that you have already contributed. I'd suggest finishing that one first, then starting another after.

I think they could make a nice sticky about this so folks could not be quite as confused. There was a really good thread running before the deadline about all of this.
  • Options
    itpalg wrote: »
    gaevsman wrote: »

If you have an unfinished project do you have to cancel and start over?

Yes.
  • Options
    I went back through and I can honestly state that the information given by Cryptic is indeed lacking. The web page states: "your Reputation projects will be updated so that any project that awards special gear will now replace Mk XII very rare gear with Mk XIII ultra-rare gear instead" but makes no mention of needing to take the additional hidden step of claiming the Tier 5 reward in the Temporal Transponder. The Temporal Transponder Tier rewards are just marks and does not in any way indicate that you need to claim the Tier 5 reward in addition to the completing the Tier 5 reputations.

Basically put everything indicates that all you need to do is complete the Tier 5 reputation in order to receive the reward. Nothing is mentioned in any clear way, that there is an additional step required. In fact it is safe to say that this is a hidden step.

The Tier 5 reward in the Temporal Transponder does not state anything other than it rewards marks. The Info for the Temporal Transponder itself also lacks specific information regarding the Tier 5 reward. It just states that once unlocked the rewards are account wide and must be claimed by each character on the account.

In the Tier 5 reputation information page, it says nothing about it either. Couple that with the way the web page states the info, one is clearly lead to believe that all one need do is complete all reputations through Tier 5 in order to obtain the Tier 5 unlock account wide.

• Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I went back through and I can honestly state that the information given by Cryptic is indeed lacking. The web page states: "your Reputation projects will be updated so that any project that awards special gear will now replace Mk XII very rare gear with Mk XIII ultra-rare gear instead" but makes no mention of needing to take the additional hidden step of claiming the Tier 5 reward in the Temporal Transponder. The Temporal Transponder Tier rewards are just marks and does not in any way indicate that you need to claim the Tier 5 reward in addition to the completing the Tier 5 reputations.

the fact that everything else in the recruit system needs to be claimed on doesn't figure into it?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You know that the Mk XII VR Equipment can be upgraded. It will cost but it is not useless. I would wait for an Upgrade Weekend to do so to save on resources doing the Upgrades.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited September 2016

GUVsrog.png
    (EDIT)The image you provided still lacks specific information regarding this issue. While it states that you must use a temporal agent in order to claim rewards, it does not state that you must also claim the Tier 5 reward in order to unlock the Tier 5 upgrades. Even the Tier 5 rewards itself only states that you get marks, nothing more. Couple that with the web page stating nothing about using the Temporal Transponder and wording the information in such a way as to indicate that all one need do is simply complete Tier 5 in all reputations, it is no wonder there is confusion over this. (/EDIT)
    I have to disagree. The temporal transponder has all the information that you need. It informs you of what the rewards are and how to get them. It informs you that you need to unlock those rewards on each character and informs you of the appropriate location in which you can unlock those rewards. The devs went all out to make sure that you wouldn't have to waste time googling this information and you had it at your fingertips.

imrjjPF.png

Again

GUVsrog.png

Like you said earlier. You made a bad assumption. Nothing more to say about it really.
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Operator error. Case closed.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    PEBKAC
  • Options
    soulxsinosoulxsino Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Can I clarify, I'm a long way from unlocking this and I feel for the Op. Being inefficient can hurt. But is this the reward permanent? Like after claiming, every single rep project will be mk XIII UR? That seems kinda overpowered