test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nerve Tonic to Go animation still broken.

ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
It's not as bad as when AoY launched(snapping into a salute repeatedly during dance), but it seems that half of the animation loop is missing. NPC dancers are still using the full animation, but work still needs to be done for the player characters as well.

Comments

• Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    This bug was reported in the "Tribble - Bug Reports" forum in July. See the thread below and my comment.

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1218968/dance-animations
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Here are my observations from testing on the night of July 17, 2016. The following comments apply to both the items named "Nerve Tonic" and those named "Nerve Tonic to Go". The first can be ordered from the bartender before you give Cassidy the type of nerve tonic she wants; the second, after you fulfill Cassidy's request.

1. The nerve tonic remains in your inventory after you use it. It will disappear by itself after about a minute. Alternatively, you can force the nerve tonic to disappear by using it a second time.

2. The animation depends on the type of container which holds the nerve tonic. I'm unsure whether this is intended; I don't remember seeing a patch note about it. Each type of container has a different icon, though the icon doesn't always resemble what the bartender calls it.

"shot glass" (looks like a bottle of Slug-O-Cola):
    - Gives the character a headache.

"mug" (looks like a cup of hot chocolate):
    - On Holodeck, this does nothing. On Tribble, it makes the character fall into a drunken stupor.

"stemmed glass" (looks like a bottle of Saurian brandy):
    - On Holodeck, saluting repeatedly interrupts the dance, causing it to start over from the beginning. After the nerve tonic disappears from inventory, the character will perform the full dance. However, the transition between consecutive iterations of the dance is not smooth. On Tribble, the saluting problem is gone, but the character will perform only the first part of the dance.

"shallow bowl" (looks like a bowl of Ratamba stew):
    - Makes the character cough.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Ah, thank you! I didn't want to necromance a thread though, since the forum monitors frown upon that sort of thing.