test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My visit to Cryptic Studios on Friday.

My wife and I had been planning a visit, during her vacation, to Cryptic Studios. So yesterday we finally made it happen.
We took some pictures we thought we should share. Rachel (in HR) was very nice to us, but they were very busy with the console release coming up and didn't have time for a full tour.
Thanks to everyone at Cryptic, You are all awesome!
pxzxqrl.jpg
MYkKUgQ.jpg
0eJ6asS.jpg
Y7Haf2n.jpg
Z3xxeDm.jpg
Hope ya'll enjoyed the donuts!
l0HlK6uahbCkw285W.gif
Hab SoSlI' Quch!

Comments

• Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    Mmm donuts

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I saw the City of Heroes stuff and went "Aw.. :(" irl..
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    Sweet! That's way cool that you got to go there. Next time I'm up north, if I have time I'd like to swing by there, as I'm in California too but I'm all the way down here in southern California (L.A. area), so it'd be a long drive for me. lol
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    I saw the City of Heroes stuff and went "Aw.. :(" irl..

City of Villains was my first MMO that I played for longer than a week. Tried Anarchy Online before then, but it was only for a couple of days. If I recall correctly, last week was the 4 year Anniversary for when they made the infamous announcement.

At least Cryptic still remembers their roots even though it has been years since they owned the rights to City of Heroes.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Rachel (in HR) was very nice to us, but they were very busy with the console release coming up and didn't have time for a full tour.

Did she tell you that you had to report to the warden and to follow the blue line to isolation zone A? :D
  • Options
    bjornborgiabjornborgia Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    Rachel (in HR) was very nice to us, but they were very busy with the console release coming up and didn't have time for a full tour.

Did she tell you that you had to report to the warden and to follow the blue line to isolation zone A? :D

We had to be decontaminated upon entry, but no further procedure was required.
    l0HlK6uahbCkw285W.gif
    Hab SoSlI' Quch!
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I didnt know anyone could just drop in.

I hope you got code game codes for something for being a loyal fan bringing treats. Like, say for a T6 gold nagus marauder?
    Post edited by officerbatman81 on
  • Options
    puckerbrushpuckerbrush Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    More proof that Starfleet Dental's dedication to this game is unrivaled.
    M6SiKbG.gif
    Please spay and neuter your Caitians
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Hate to be that negative person but.....

Is it just me or does that smack of brown nosing, especially if you have to write the organization's name on the box lid like that. Whats the point in writing the fleets name anyway?
    That is where those rumors start, like they gave everyone in that organization the gold nagus marauder.

If i were to send something i wouldnt put a fleets name, i would put my @handle so they know who to apply the code to ;) . Yeah, thats against the spirit of giving i know.

Didnt mean to ruffle anyones feathers, just food for though.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I don't see a problem in representing your tribe on a visit like that. Especially when you're trying to indicate the overall group's enjoyment of STO even if the rest of them couldn't be there in person.
  • Options
    puckerbrushpuckerbrush Member Posts: 117 Arc User

Is it just me or does that smack of brown nosing, especially if you have to write the organization's name on the box lid like that. Whats the point in writing the fleets name anyway?
    That is where those rumors start, like they gave everyone in that organization the gold nagus marauder.

If i were to send something i wouldnt put a fleets name, i would put my @handle so they know who to apply the code to ;) . Yeah, thats against the spirit of giving i know.

4fFaC7z.jpg

M6SiKbG.gif
    Please spay and neuter your Caitians
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Looks like the first time you left the house. Even forgot to take off your sweats.
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Nice...hope you all had a good time.
    Yeah, it's always nice to take a cruise to Silicon Valley. Many other big game studios in the area are nice to visit too.
    l0HlK6uahbCkw285W.gif
    Hab SoSlI' Quch!
  • Options
    trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    I think I can speak for all of us when I say we are proud to be able to give something back to the creators of this lovely game!
    Like diabetes? Donuts are evil...
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • Options
    robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Those donuts don't look that edible to me.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User

I wouldn't say brown nosing, creepy..........yeah.

If they showed up at my place with doughnuts, I'd ask the chick with the dwarf's if she ordered it.​​

Yeah. You can't trust people anymore. Instead of a troll fleet kissing TRIBBLE for their "get out of jail free" cards, it could just as easily be an irate/banned individual who's unbalanced, and out for some "payback" with "dirty" doughnuts. In today's world, anything is possible.

If it were me, I would politely refuse said "gift" if I didn't know the individual personally.

• Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    Dude Bro and Missus Dude Bro looks like my neighbors down the road but it can't be them because they would never spring for a plane ticket from Jersey to Cali. I don't think they even own a computer for that matter.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    ddplattddplatt Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Got a point though.. could of been a banned player /or pissed and rubbed his b***s on them doughnuts,
  • Options
    robyvision wrote: »
    Those donuts don't look that edible to me.

Got them from Krispy Kreme on the way over there. Their donuts are excellent IMO.
    l0HlK6uahbCkw285W.gif
    Hab SoSlI' Quch!
This discussion has been closed.