test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kelvin Lockbox Ships

Why where the Kelvin lockbox ships done in such an abysmal way? What do I mean by that? I mean the fact that when you open the lockbox instead of getting a ship box that spits out any factions ship you get the ship specific to the faction that opened it. The Temporal lockbox worked that way.. the newer R&D box promo worked that way.. so why was this left out for the Kelvin lockboxes?

Why.. because I want a T'laru, the price has been high consistantly (640+) and as of tonight there isnt a single one listed, leading me to believe that someone went and scooped them all up (there was 5 listed less than 24 hours ago)

If the kelvin box had been treated the same way as prior boxes the ships would be around 450 mil and more available to Klingon and Romulan.

Really hope this gets fixed if/when the kelvin ships hit the infinity box

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Two possibilities in my view:
    1) A strange glitch that prevented them for doing it for that specific lockbox.
    2) Testing to see distribution of 'whales' that spend directly on ships among the KDF and Rom factions.

The top 10% of spenders represent 50% of total imcome in the average F2P games (called 'whales' due to their disproportionate impact to the bottom line), so even a small number of whales could be enough to re-evaluate where the KDF stands.

Given the weird interactions that keep popping up, strange limitations (like Binding item rules only being able to go more bound, but not less-bound), I'm betting it's 1. On the other hand, given that the only two faction-specific ships for KDF and Roms are Lockbox and Promotion prizes, with the only C-Store 'cheap' options being cross-faction (limited even in skinning option) ships, whale-hunting might not be so far off the mark.