test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just 10 days left

So its 10 days time 8th September Star Trek will be 50 Years old! Quite amazing when you think about it and take into account films and TV shows are still being made for the franchise.

So what do you think Cyptic has planned?

I'm hoping they do something like bring back all past anniversary prizes and have them up for grabs for doing some sort of STF and getting the normal prize vouchers.

I doubt they have anything huge planned as we have heard nothing yet and normally we would know what was coming for a big event.

Comments

• centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Maybe the 5-hour maintenance was partly a cover to sneak in some 50th Anno goodies... :p
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Probably some "Advaned" R&D boxes in order to milk the player base a little bit more...

Now updated with more cowbell!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The Tier 6 TOS Light Cruiser is available for free on September 8 for anyone that logs in. It has the same Bridge Officer and console layout and stats as the Temporal Light Cruiser, but no Molecular Reconstruction and a different console and ship mastery ability.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Let's see...

The 8th is on a Thursday... Woot!!!

Extra special downtime of extended length for us, and it will be the best downtime ever.

The players will love it!!!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Chris Pine will be adding his voice to STO!
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    A Dev Blog saying "Happy 50th Star Trek!"

Expecting anything more will likely result in disappointment. ;)
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    I'd much prefer Karl Urban doing Mc Coys voice, he's got his character down better than all of the rest.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    They will tell us. "Happy 50th, and go back to sleep."
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Tier 6 TOS Light Cruiser is available for free on September 8 for anyone that logs in. It has the same Bridge Officer and console layout and stats as the Temporal Light Cruiser, but no Molecular Reconstruction and a different console and ship mastery ability.

That's better than the T5 idea that I've been floating here and there. Maybe even throw in a console to give a bonus with the one from the Temporal version?
  • ktonof1aqktonof1aq Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    STO finally announces the playable tribble (special thanks for the chest hair option)! :)
  • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »

That might be pushing it. And, besides, the blog would be a day late anyway.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    angrybobh wrote: »
    orion0029 wrote: »

That might be pushing it. And, besides, the blog would be a day late anyway.

:o

Damn, your pessimism exceedes my own.

I take my hat off to you...

If I wore one lol.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    norcaler2 wrote: »

That's better than the T5 idea that I've been floating here and there. Maybe even throw in a console to give a bonus with the one from the Temporal version?

If Cryptic did this, then I expect lots of rejoicing, lots of anger, lots of feelings of betrayal, and lots of mixed feelings. So business as usual around here.
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Chris Pine will be adding his voice to STO!
    My best friend would immediately redownload and install the game if this happened.

That's far too much. I'd settle for a free t5 one with no console, a very different weapon and boff layout, and can't be upgraded to t5-U.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Probably some "Advaned" R&D boxes in order to milk the player base a little bit more...

Now updated with more cowbell!

Ixionveridian has won the thread thank you for playing

R&D Boxes now with more cowbell :D
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    i gotta have more cowbell!
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    i gotta have more cowbell!

OK, but your going to have to repetitively grind for two weeks for it....and only for one character. >:)
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    20% price reduction on romulan ale, klingon bloodwine and nerve tonic!!!
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Yes there will be 50th anniversary lockbox keys. They won't actually open a lockbox but they will say we delivered. While everyone shakes their head no. All they will hear is yes yes yes well recieved. Its the best expansion err 50th anniversary of star trek ever!
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I'd much prefer Karl Urban doing Mc Coys voice, he's got his character down better than all of the rest.

That would be awesome. Especially if we encounter him on a very special planet with this very special place so that he can ask us 'What business does a Vulcan, Human and Tellarite have in the Riddermark?'
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    A T shirt embazoned with the following logo:

Certified Survivor of Cryptic's 50th Anniversary Server Outage.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    No. We're not going to put the T shirt into a Lockbox. Because if we do that we have to take out the coffee mug. Which has the following logo on it.

My money and my free time both go to Star Trek Online! Yay!
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    A T6 nova with four universal commander seats, 5/5 weapons, 5/5/5 consoles, battle cloak and of course, Kobali Harry Kim talking to you, questioning the use of boff abilities and with a 25% chance of refusing such inputs altogether. ;)
    edited August 2016
    oh waitaminnit. I just had the bestest idea ever.

A Tovan Khev BOff for every character! Because Fed and Klink Captains really need more Tovan in their lives.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

That would be nice. Even better if they could get John de Lancie. He did some fantastic voice over work in the new Master of Orion game. He clearly is one of the most talented voice actors out there.
  • thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    I remember getting a scoop on AOY because I was searching for stuff on Google and landed on the pages the announcement linked to, before the announcement went out. Might be worth doing the same thing again in the coming days. :)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited August 2016

I think the best anyone could hope for would be T5-U with the same seating and console slots as T6, but no spec seating, no MDB, and no special console ... maybe a special TOS warp core though?

I have the T6 on the toon I wanted an Excalibur for, but I'd love something account wide too.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png