test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is uglier?

jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
They are both pig faced space beasts but which one is less appealing visually to you?

Just curious

Who is uglier? 50 votes

Targ's
22%
garaks31angrybobhwarmaker001barliekkostc10bmarkhawkmanskonnpeetapipmacrpgplayerwag61283discojer 11 votes
Tellarite's
78%
ikonn#1068coldnapalmcommanderkassythetaninessbn655oldravenman3025alexraptorrartan42kjwashingtonlexusk19kodachikunoscarlingpwstolemynamepatrickngodragnridrfmgtorres1979kyle223catcrashdragondaedalus304anazonda 39 votes

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Is that not in the eye of the beholder?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Also a good pigck.

Beholder.jpg
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    My tellarite is not a pig, and the Targ is a pet and who would ever call their pets ugly? I vote Pakled!

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Targ's
    Tellarite women are surprisingly attractive
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Tellarite's
    discojer wrote: »

After 5 or 8 sythale's yeah so i cannot really argue.

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    10 forward.

/10 char
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    questerius wrote: »

Also a good pigck.

Beholder.jpg

Don't make eye contact. And back away slowly.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Your mom is not one of the choices.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    What the heck? I started a Tellarite char NAMED Targ for the AOY expansion.......did I make you go boom in a PVP recently?
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Tellarite's
    There is no option for both :(.

I'd be really interested to hear @angrytarg 's opinion on this. I'm sure they'd have an opinion :p.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    Tellarite's
    jade1280 wrote: »

Synthale doesn't have an intoxicating effect. Which means that you're either really lightweight, or just find Tellarite women attractive. Perhaps you meant to say 5 or 8 kegs of Bloodwine.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    jade1280 wrote: »

Synthale doesn't have an intoxicating effect. Which means that you're either really lightweight, or just find Tellarite women attractive. Perhaps you meant to say 5 or 8 kegs of Bloodwine.

Synthale does have an intoxicating effect, but it can be easily be shrugged off when necessary. Of course, no matter how much Synthale you drink won't cause you to become drunk.

Personally, I prefer Klatchian Coffee from Discworld for my fictional drink. The opposite of being drunk is not being sober, but being knurd which Klatchian Coffee provides. It strips away all the illusions we have in our life to see life in its true harsh reality instead of the haze that all sober people experience.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    You are ugly!! and nobody love you!!!... and you are not my real mom!!! *run to his room..*
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I hate you
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    tellerites get angry when you say something nice to them, so, you need to talk mean and nasty so they respect you.
    if you recall from Enterprise series when captain Archer meeting them.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Targ's and/or Tellarite's what? I mean, you used the possessive, so what do these creatures possess that you think is ugly?​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Tellarite's
    What the heck? I started a Tellarite char NAMED Targ for the AOY expansion.......did I make you go boom in a PVP recently?

I do not PVP so that is just one heck of a coincidence.
    They do happen from time to time.
    jonsills wrote: »
    Targ's and/or Tellarite's what? I mean, you used the possessive, so what do these creatures possess that you think is ugly?​​

Pig snouts.
    If i was sharper i would have added some proper images from in game as examples.

Now coming back to this, only thing I can say is a fair statement is that STO did choose the wrong aesthetics for both as they went with the ENT interpretation of both. And nothing is worse than ENT interpretations.

They at least fixed the Tellarites somewhat, although I still wait for cloven and hooved hands and feet before I call it even close. ENT Targs are really off as they not only are incredibly bad CGI (fits STOs style, though) but also are perissodactyla which is stupid. I know that one way to make things "alien" is to add some redundant limbs or other organs, but since Targs are clearly suidae they're of course artiodactyla.

And whoever considers pig snouts aesthetically undesireable, I'll refer you to my previous posting. Good day.

@artan42 Oh, by the way, remind me to jam my hooves up yours the next time I see you. I received the notification "Artan42 mentioned you in the topic "Who is uglier?"". pig-24.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    Leave the Goddesses of Beauty alone!
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Using unneccessary apostrophes is ugliest of all. It is plural not possessive.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Pigs are not ugly. Of course, ugly is in the eye of the beholder. I have two Tellarites, a male and a female, and neither is ugly.

People need to start putting a "Neither" choice in there for those of us who don't see the ugly in most things.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Now coming back to this, only thing I can say is a fair statement is that STO did choose the wrong aesthetics for both as they went with the ENT interpretation of both. And nothing is worse than ENT interpretations.

They at least fixed the Tellarites somewhat, although I still wait for cloven and hooved hands and feet before I call it even close. ENT Targs are really off as they not only are incredibly bad CGI (fits STOs style, though) but also are perissodactyla which is stupid. I know that one way to make things "alien" is to add some redundant limbs or other organs, but since Targs are clearly suidae they're of course artiodactyla.

And whoever considers pig snouts aesthetically undesireable, I'll refer you to my previous posting. Good day.

@artan42 Oh, by the way, remind me to jam my hooves up yours the next time I see you. I received the notification "Artan42 mentioned you in the topic "Who is uglier?"". pig-24.gif​​

If you like pigs so much, why do you keep them immured?
    0_original.jpg?v=1449401056000
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    nccmark wrote: »
    Using unneccessary apostrophes is ugliest of all. It is plural not possessive.

Perhaps the question is intended to be "is a Targ's or a Tellarite's more ugly"?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Crash Dragon..., first thing in the morning...

latest?cb=20111130160039

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2016
    Tellarite's
    angrytarg wrote: »

@artan42 Oh, by the way, remind me to jam my hooves up yours the next time I see you. I received the notification "Artan42 mentioned you in the topic "Who is uglier?"". pig-24.gif

I can't speak for the Targs but the ENT Tellarites are identical to the TOS film versions.

And come on, you play Tellarites and you're named after a Targ, how could I not tag you here? :p.

Edit: I've just Googled the ENT Targ...

...Let us never speak of it.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    artan42 wrote: »
    I can't speak for the Targs but the ENT Tellarites are identical to the TOS film versions.

And come on, you play Tellarites and you're named after a Targ, how could I not tag you here? :p.

Edit: I've just Googled the ENT Targ...

...Let us never speak of it.

Identical? Not really. They're rather faithful to the TOS version, albeit the one Tellarite seen just looks a bit older and that's where the wrinkles come from. ENT went away with the piggy snout and just put wrinkles all over. Why are people so obsessed with wrinkly faced aliens? pig-17.gif

You could, but think about how this note read. I have feelings. And some days I'm very vulnerable pig-12.gif And "you're ugly" is also not good dirty talk pig-36.gif

Your edit: Agreed.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    That's harsh. I'm sure both are beautiful on the inside, which is all that matters!
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    The ugliest you say

225px-James_Kurland.jpg

Kurland here