test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Returning Player dumb TOS questions

The T6 Connie brought me back after leaving the game because it seemed they'd never put in it. However this leaves me with some stupid questions I'd like answers to.

-Any way to get the 23rd century effects (flip communication, transporter, tricorder) on original characters. I bet the answer is no but what the heck. I'll ask anyway.

-Can you craft the twin phaser arrays? Or is that only possible with 23rd century character (yeah! another crafting grind)? Or is it not possible at all?

Comments

• sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    The only way to get the TOS effects is to make a TOS character.

Not sure on the twin phaser array's, you can make dual beam banks with any character, if that is what you mean?

As for the T6 Connie, deep pockets are a must!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Only new TOS sub-faction captains get the effects.

There are a few ways to get retro blue phaser beams, there is no way to craft them:
    - Earth Spacedock 23rd C - buy mark 1 white to level up (you can also buy white mk 1 blue-phaser dual beam banks there)
    - One of the TOS missions gives green mark II
    - Buy the T1 connie - you can get as many blue-quality Mk XII CrtH Dmg beams as you want by discharging and reclaiming
    - The comet arc (night of the comet, etc.) has one episode that gives Mk XI retro phasers
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    ^ although I'd point out that you need to make a TOS character to shop at 23c ESD or play the TOS exclusive missions that reward low level blue/green quality TOS weapons and equipment.
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    Thanks for the answers guys.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I was promised dumb questions. This thread disappoints with reasonable and understandeable questions.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I was promised dumb questions. This thread disappoints with reasonable and understandeable questions.

LMAO

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User

Yeah, this was a slap in the face to all Real™ STO forum enthusiasts who wanted to read dumb questions.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    irm1963 wrote: »
    ^ although I'd point out that you need to make a TOS character to shop at 23c ESD or play the TOS exclusive missions that reward low level blue/green quality TOS weapons and equipment.

Right, though some people have parked an alt at 23c ESD to stock up on the mk 1 white and sell them on the exchange.

So if you want them for an existing non-TOS character there is either the exchange or creating a new TOS character who buys them then transfers them to your existing character using your account bank.

• irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Yeah, kept one there to send along gear for my "real" TOS character for upgrading. Then I saw the prices for mk1 commons on the Exchange.