test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zefram Cochrane's Shotgun too please

The prize for this event is very lack luster could you add the Zefram Cochrane Shotgun to the reward again at the very least to make it worth while.

Comments

• theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    I second this, because I'd like to get the shotgun for my alt character.
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Doesn't need to be added as a reward again.
    What they need to do is make the event rewards account unlocks like they did with the event ships.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
    ^ Account unlocks would work for me too.
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    What they need to do is make the event rewards account unlocks like they did with the event ships.

Yeah this would be nice but at the very least it will not take a lot of effort to quickly add it to the reward pool for this event on thursday, I would think making it an account unlock would take more work.
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    kelador wrote: »

Yeah this would be nice but at the very least it will not take a lot of effort to quickly add it to the reward pool for this event on thursday, I would think making it an account unlock would take more work.

Its about Exclusivity, just like with past event ships.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User

Exclusivity for the ships is something I can agree with but Im not to fussed about the weapons but either way I have these on my main I just want it my new AOY alt lol
    Funny thing is, I still have the shotgun but rarely ever use it anymore, because I found that it's kinda like photon torpedos in space; it doesn't really do much damage against well-shielded enemies. It will knock them down, tho, giving you some time to switch weapons or get out of range. Once their shields are down, then yeah, it'll rip right thru them. But I just found the TR-116B sniper rifle to be more versatile and effective all around, so I've been sticking with it. If they get too close I'll just hit 'em with Sweeping Strikes or the butt of my TR, or slice 'em with my sword or bat'leth.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    As much as I dislike exclusivity, it does help push players to log in and play the game during the events. I do feel though that once the item is earned, it should be an account-wide unlock so that all the characters associated with the account have access to the item. I am hoping this will happen.

As for the shotgun, it's a nice weapon, but there are more powerful ground weapons in the game that can be used as well, especially against the Borg.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    edited August 2016
    ^ Precisely, because the shotgun, while pretty awesome in itself, just doesn't do much against heavily-shielded enemies, and it's only really effective at close range (which is to be expected, 'cause duh, it's a shotgun). It rips right thru unshielded enemies such as standard Borg drones and creatures (especially in its secondary firing mode which sends them flying backward, lol), but otherwise you're probably better off with a pulsewave for close range and a sniper rifle or split beam for long range.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Which is why exclusivity is silly. It's like staying in Trump Tower because of the name, knowing it's actually owned and run by Not Trump. ;)
  • tfcivtfciv Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Funny thing is, I still have the shotgun but rarely ever use it anymore, because I found that it's kinda like photon torpedos in space; it doesn't really do much damage against well-shielded enemies. It will knock them down, tho, giving you some time to switch weapons or get out of range. Once their shields are down, then yeah, it'll rip right thru them. But I just found the TR-116B sniper rifle to be more versatile and effective all around, so I've been sticking with it. If they get too close I'll just hit 'em with Sweeping Strikes or the butt of my TR, or slice 'em with my sword or bat'leth.

This is not correct, the shotgun has at least 50% shield pen. Also I'm pretty sure it's just a re-skinned pulsewave that does physical damage instead of energy damage. So it would actually be better than normal pulsewaves, aside from not being able to get CritDx3 and whatnot. Up close with the secondary and ambush, I've done 4k-5k damage to like the maximum 5 targets it can hit, while knocking them all way back.

Sweeping strikes however is very effective at close range as well.
    edited August 2016
    ^ Well, that may well be the case; I've never actually looked at all the stats that closely on it. All I know is I tend to have a hard time with the shotgun against shielded enemies, compared to a pulsewave or my TR, or just smacking them down with a melee weapon, Sweeping Strikes or Lunge.

You're right, tho; with the secondary firing mode and Ambush activated it is pretty deadly at close range. I've done like 5K up close and dropped 4 or 5 standard Borg drones at a time with it. It's fun to watch a small group of them go flying back like 20 meters. lol
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Boy, am I glad that this year’s mirror event reward is not worth pursuing. What a painful drama it would have been if cryptic would reward something I would want on all 10 chars of mine. :(
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    The Cold Fusion Flash Kit Module from the Kelvin Lockbox will kill all the Borg trying to assimilate Deferi Civilians on its own. Need to Remodulate before casting it.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ^ Interesting, I didn't know that about the Cold Fusion Flash kit module and I'm going to have to give that a try some time.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Exclusivity for the ships is something I can agree with but Im not to fussed about the weapons but either way I have these on my main I just want it my new AOY alt lol

dont like not having past event rewards on new characters? simple answer - stop making new characters.
    otherwise you just have to face the fact that your new character will not be able to access some of the stuff you older characters might have and just be grateful there are other account unlocks they can access, an account unlock or second chance for past rewards is very unlikely at this point.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• mas134gluck123mas134gluck123 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    yep not have that one :(
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I'd do it for a tribble...whats 50K DIL worth these days...not even an outfit for crying out loud.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    I'd like the snowflake torpedo some time again for cce, but I have doubts. Just like I have doubts we'll see the shotgun again.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    ^ Well, that may well be the case; I've never actually looked at all the stats that closely on it. All I know is I tend to have a hard time with the shotgun against shielded enemies, compared to a pulsewave or my TR, or just smacking them down with a melee weapon, Sweeping Strikes or Lunge.

You're right, tho; with the secondary firing mode and Ambush activated it is pretty deadly at close range. I've done like 5K up close and dropped 4 or 5 standard Borg drones at a time with it. It's fun to watch a small group of them go flying back like 20 meters. lol

I've found that the shotgun works pretty well vs. the Nah'kuhl, when most weapons have to take their temporal shields down first. Other melee weaps aren't bad either, in this case.
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
    Hmm, I haven't tried it against the Na'khul yet; I've just been using my TR. I'll have to give that a try.