test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Last Global Event

ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
Well the last Global Event run up is almost upon us. It looks as if we will just be making it to achieve Tier 1. So next week will be a Bonus Marks Week as a result. Unfortunately, the item they picked to unlock the Bonus Marks was probably one of the ones that would not be the best for getting to the higher Tiers - running PVE Queues and Fleet Actions. They already know based upon their Metrics ©®, that with a handful of Queue exceptions people are not running this stuff. If they did well with getting new people to join up, those Recuits may be fairly hesitant to run them to begin with. Veterans who created a new TOS Character would know but would generally run what they routinely run, if they were even interested in doing them again.

If they wanted to keep the Bonus Level down, then they picked a fine one for that. The only thing worse they could have picked was one they did during the Delta Recruitment Event - doing the same Arc Missions over again that the Recruits just did.
'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
Judge Dan Haywood
'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
l don't know.
l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
Lt. Philip J. Minns

Comments

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    From the blog:

"Additionally, each Weekly Goal comes in multiple tiers. Completing the first goal should be relatively simple, and reliably reward all players with an extra mini-event for this easy completion.*

If the community can sometimes reach tier 3 in 2 days and sometimes not even tier 1 in 7 days, then something seems to be wrong with how the tiers are set.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Well, the only thing I can say is at least I have done my part with my AoY captain by playing at least 4 of the PWE queue every day.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yes the Tier criteria may be way off and also what they pick for the Recruits to do a particular week may have a big effect on the Tier reached. If I were prone to conspiracy theories, I would suspect what they have linked to do with what Reward category is given as the result of those efforts may be suspect.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    And we never know what the actual Goal numbers are for each Tier. We only see a percentage of Goal (if that is even working).
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    And we never know what the actual Goal numbers are for each Tier. We only see a percentage of Goal (if that is even working).

I suspect that it is not working or not tracking all of the queues that AOY toons are doing. Not knowing the actual numbers makes it impossible to ever know. I do know that sometimes it doesn't work only because they told us so. The number given could also be an absolute fabrication, no one would ever know.
  • misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Did we even hit tier 1 ?. Before the metre disappeared it was at 97%
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I don't believe there is any marks bonus. I was going to post on this and I'm glad someone else started it. But I'm happy they allowed us to fail as it gives the event more credibility.

Yes, the bar was likely set too high. That's the real difficulty with these events. They are losing the ability to judge accurately. But it was close so I think they should allow it to stand.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I don't believe there is any marks bonus. I was going to post on this and I'm glad someone else started it. But I'm happy they allowed us to fail as it gives the event more credibility.

Yes, the bar was likely set too high. That's the real difficulty with these events. They are losing the ability to judge accurately. But it was close so I think they should allow it to stand.
    That's humans for you. Never can be too sure what they're going to do.

Personally, I never paid any attention to the global events at all.
    There is now a 25% bonus in place.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I suspect it's just hype-exhaustion. Participation is going down as people are worn out/picked all the low hanging fruit for their TOS captains.
    So it seems they gave us Tier I. 25% is a bit low. Tiers should have been 50%, 100%, 150%, especially since all the high Mark payout items have been excluded from Bonuses.

At least my Temporal Recruit has been able to enjoy a 20% Bonus on pretty much everything including Tier 5 Reputation payouts (900) due to having a bunch of those Bonuses that dropped from the Infinity and Kelvin Lockboxes.

Last Reputation will be the Temporal in about 10 days. With all the Mark dumps showered on the Temporal Recruits (including being able to claim all the Delta Account Rewards), the Character is in very good shape Marks-wise for when I unlock Mk XIII UR.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited August 2016
    I did a crystalline and got I believe 177 instead of 130. Hmm the daily doesn't count. So that would be 122 marks instead of 75. That seems to be around 38% But I could be wrong on that. Yeah I think I am wrong. It seems like around 50%.

Typical Max for CCA = 130 marks
    130 Marks * 1.25 = 162.5 or 163 marks.

Anything above that are the 1 Dil reward for simply destroying other ships.
    Daily Mark Rewards normally do not get the benefits of Mark Bonuses. So 50% of 75 is 37 (Cryptic never rounds .5 and above up). 55+75+37=167.

What they really need to do is put one of those icons by your portrait that tells you specifically what Bonus is in effect.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Daily Mark Rewards normally do not get the benefits of Mark Bonuses. So 50% of 75 is 37 (Cryptic never rounds .5 and above up). 55+75+37=167.

Well... at least all my effort I (and other players as well) put into playing the PVE queue has yielded extra marks for the moment.

Now it is just a matter of counting down the dayz to unlock that UR Mk XIII bonus on my account.