test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Cousins’ War

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
The viewscreens in the small security office depicted scenes from their home colony. It was chaos.

Buildings burned. There was fighting engulfing the streets.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Are you telling me the Temporal shenengians are going to continue? Please not.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Oh Boy!
    Daniels is going to have us hopping around the time-stream again!!
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    The Pandora's Box of temporal shenanigans cannot be closed once it's open. I think we'll be bumping into rogue temporal actors for a long time to come.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    I suppose that was to be expected.
    *sigh*
    Time to reactivate my Annorax.
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    See? See? This is the sort of thing that just ends with us having to fight at Procyon V again. Forever

(This is why the Enterprise is the only ship available, by the way - the entirety of every moment of Starfleet is busy fighting there right now)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • rock3tmanrock3tman Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    What is wrong with these Krenim? They just can't leave time alone. I hope this backfires and erases their civilization once and for all.
    1FHdQdl.jpg
  • phinabella1phinabella1 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I had a feeling this would happen. How else was Noye able to get Krenim reinforcements during Time and Tide and ever other battle with them?
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    There is always those types of people who think they know better. Reminds me from another show where someone tried to change things into what they want and suddenly they came to a period where there was nothing, as in everything was destroyed.
  • imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    You know, I kinda hope we resolve this issue in one or two missions so we can stop having temporal shenanigns.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Can we detonate some kind of temporal chronition bomb that prevents time travel?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Again, people want to solve their problems by making it go away....people just can't learn.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Can we detonate some kind of temporal chronition bomb that prevents time travel?
    A Chrontion Infused Omega Molecule- instead of destroying subspace and thus the possiblity for FTL, it destroys the ability to time travel. :)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Oh, hey. Let's listen to the guy who wiped out his wife's entire species. No way that could go wrong!
  • diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    megawolf0 wrote: »
    There is always those types of people who think they know better. Reminds me from another show where someone tried to change things into what they want and suddenly they came to a period where there was nothing, as in everything was destroyed.

pretty sure I know the one
  • hawkyenarasumashawkyenarasumas Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    This is effectively the same kind of radical thinking as Noye. No thought given to the (INCREDIBLY far-reaching) repercussions of such as thing, just doing whatever it takes to change something you don't like.
    A Chrontion Infused Omega Molecule- instead of destroying subspace and thus the possiblity for FTL, it destroys the ability to time travel. :)
    Yeah, THAT would end well. Blowing a chain-reaction hole in space-time would clearly not have any lasting repercussions or consequences.
    sisteric wrote: »
    Again, people want to solve their problems by making it go away....people just can't learn.
    You said it.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
    Admiral Hawkye L. Narasumas
    Commanding Officer, NX-91883 U.S.S. Harmony - Prometheus Class Custom Variant
    Fleet Commander, No Fate

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
  • firelordzx5firelordzx5 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Now we know where Noye got his reinforcement. But they are time researched and travelers! they should know the dangers of Time Travel heck they should have know the outcome by now!
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Also must admit these guys are more radical then the Na'Khul I think since the Na'Khul just wanted revenge for their lost home while these guys refuse to adapt to their problems. Na'Khul was an easy fix as their problem, unsure what it is.
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Poor Traala. The extremists always seem to get the drop on her.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    Please stop this ourboros of herrings. I had hoped there was finally a resolution to to this temporal storyline but it seems perpetual. At least fire the head temporal researcher or better yet scuttle the whole temporal lab. For all the amazing technology of the future they seem to misplaced the wonder of vetting employees; Spy agencies and civil services on Earth have done this in some form for hundreds of years already. With the means at their disposal couldn't they, "Minority Report" prospective researchers as part of the hiring process?
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

Please stop this ourboros of herrings. I had hoped there was finally a resolution to to this temporal storyline but it seems perpetual. At least fire the head temporal researcher or better yet scuttle the whole temporal lab. For all the amazing technology of the future they seem to misplaced the wonder of vetting employees; Spy agencies and civil services on Earth have done this in some form for hundreds of years already. With the means at their disposal couldn't they, "Minority Report" prospective researchers as part of the hiring process?

Because the pre-crime system worked so well in Minority Report.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User

Time travel, when used by "us", is good. Time travel, when used by "others", isn't.

But, since Time Travel by "us" is good, we can't blow up the timestream travelling option(s). Otherwise, the Tholians would have won. (If only the Tholians at that Temporal Accord assembly...)

So, unless we can detonate a bomb that leaves "us" time travelling roads, while leaving "them" blocked, go ahead. Otherwise...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • dragnockdragnock Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Someone needs to send the Krenim a holo novel of the butterfly effect.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    You know, I kinda hope we resolve this issue in one or two missions so we can stop having temporal shenanigns.
    Me too.

I want to kill that little runt.

Nothing I hate more than people who don't learn. Did she already forget about the fact that the entire reason that Noye is a problem is because the Romulans tried to get Romulus back with this exact same technology, and ended up wiping out the Tuterians which is why we ended up with the damn Sphere Builders.

I have no sympathy for Traala's idiot cousin. I wish her nothing but catastrophic failure.
    Please stop this ourboros of herrings. I had hoped there was finally a resolution to to this temporal storyline but it seems perpetual. At least fire the head temporal researcher or better yet scuttle the whole temporal lab. For all the amazing technology of the future they seem to misplaced the wonder of vetting employees; Spy agencies and civil services on Earth have done this in some form for hundreds of years already.
    In this case she was hired due to nepotism. Typical.
    With the means at their disposal couldn't they, "Minority Report" prospective researchers as part of the hiring process?

Well it's not minority report when you're going back in time to stop crimes that already happened. But I think that station being outside of time may only have one quantum reality and thus one nondivergent timeline.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    I fear even catastrophic failure, in this case, means worse so for us all, so... Year of Hell Mark 2 incoming. (Or something such. :persevere: )
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    @themetalstickman
    Because the pre-crime system worked so well in Minority Report.

The have the technology to model scenarios addressing the fate of the quadrants. I hope they could sort out Chumley's probationary period on the job with some degree of accuracy.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Angry shouting music. :D
    Yup. That's Opera for you. :smiley:

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    Great Scott she took the flux capacitor!
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Angry shouting music. :D
    Yup. That's Opera for you. :smiley:

That reminds me of FC when Picard is listening to some opera because he's pissed at the Borg.
    Og12TbC.jpg

I dare you to do better.