test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quarantine at Starbase 39 Sierra necessary??

daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
What's with the coughing NPC's a this base?

Has there been a sudden outbreak of Space-TB?
:o
STO Member since February 2009.
I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    It happens on DS9 as well. Walk past NPCs and they start trying to hack up a hairball or something.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Space Madness. Just hope that none of them find the History Eraser Button. The beautiful, shiny button. The jolly, candy-like button....
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I noticed it too in a few places. Still its more peaceful there over ESD.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Space Madness. Just hope that none of them find the History Eraser Button. The beautiful, shiny button. The jolly, candy-like button....

Well as long as it's not Time Madness...
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I blame the Sphere Builders... Yet another experiment gone amok...
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I think we need that type of mission. I remember doing one similar at K7 when I first started playing. Your stuck at the Star base until you solve the medical illness.

The is should be added to the game. I welcome it!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    The medical staff should be on top of that. But alas, they won't arrive until Tuesday.

Maybe it's next Tuesday.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    They've all been doing this too much...

https://youtu.be/tkplPbd2f60

B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    I noticed, especially on DS9, that most of the NPCs coughing now used to be the ones laughing or giving dramatic gestures or speeches.

Seems that they broke at lot of the NPC animations / emotes with AoY, what with the 'oh-it-was-just-a-scratch-let-me-get-up-oops-I-was-dead' and the 'you-killed-me-so-I-freeze-in-place-right?' habits they've got now.
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    farmallm wrote: »
    I think we need that type of mission. I remember doing one similar at K7 when I first started playing. Your stuck at the Star base until you solve the medical illness.

Yeah I remember that one. It was a nice diplomacy mission.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    farmallm wrote: »

Yeah I remember that one. It was a nice diplomacy mission.

And the Dr./Scientist (Yoc'm) who caused it, is still getting drunk and offering to buy you one at the K7 bar.
    B)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well don't these locations have a MedBay that no one is ever at. Only time you go there is if you take a wrong turn. Well that staff has plenty of free time that they could be all over this.

Then again they won't. Look how poorly Admiral Quinn has been able to run his ESD. He needs to reign in all the partying and revelry. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    It happens on DS9 as well. Walk past NPCs and they start trying to hack up a hairball or something.
    You wouldn't happen to be playing a caitian would you? It might be cat allergies.

=^_~=

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    They've all been doing this too much...

https://youtu.be/tkplPbd2f60

B)

So that explains all the toilet paper and rice that's been littering ESD lately! :p
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »
    You wouldn't happen to be playing a caitian would you? It might be cat allergies.

=^_~=

Well, yes I play a male caitian, female caitian and male ferasan. But the hairball coughing happens no matter which other captain I'm playing. Human, Romulan, Tellarite, LibBorg Rom, Alien...
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

PLAYER: Where's that Roxy chick?! I need a new MACO suit!
    DS9 NPC: Why, she's gone now; but you could try the Dilithium store *cough*
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    What's with the coughing NPC's a this base?

Has there been a sudden outbreak of Space-TB?
    :o

I think Starbase 39 is so abandoned than when someone happens to come along every NPC is desperate to draw your attention.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.