test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Take Item" Drops - How Do You Turn This Off??

Dear God somebody please tell me how to turn off the yellow "take item" windows that pop up and take up half the screen....this stuff is absolutely worthless vendor junk and has been since the R&D revamp. Endgame players have no use for any of it. I'm so tired of this jamming up the screen and I haven't found a way to turn it off. I've tried changing my loot settings or UI but haven't found a way.

Comments

• fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    If youre talking about the take item button when you are near look you cant turn that off, you CAN turn on autoloot which will prevent a subsequent window from popping up when you hit the take item button.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    you should be able to move the window into a corner in the "rearrange UI" option.
    Personally I do pick up everything (auto loot enabled), and discard it a few minutes later...it's not nothing, and the commodities and buffs I keep.
    BUT, I also wish Cryptic would get rid of random drops altogether...it is immersion breaking, and, as you said yourself, almost worthless anyway.
    Go pro or go home
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I have no use for 130k ec worth of stuff per argala run? Thanks for informing me of that.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    I have no use for 130k ec worth of stuff per argala run? Thanks for informing me of that.

If you think 130,000 ec is a lot and recycling vendor drops is your way of earning ec you're probably not an endgame player. :|
    Even a few clicks in the admiralty system will net you more than that.
    If youre talking about the take item button when you are near look you cant turn that off, you CAN turn on autoloot which will prevent a subsequent window from popping up when you hit the take item button.

I guess what I meant specifically was the window that comes up from other players clicking take item, which asks "need, greed, or pass". That is the one I can't stop from covering half the screen as they accumulate. I wish I could opt out of the whole loot thing altogether. The occasional tech upgrade chance is not even worth it IMO.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    You want an "I don't like money" option? Fascinating.

You realize vendor trash is, at worst, a decent supplemental source of money in pretty much every MMO right?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

I guess what I meant specifically was the window that comes up from other players clicking take item, which asks "need, greed, or pass". That is the one I can't stop from covering half the screen as they accumulate. I wish I could opt out of the whole loot thing altogether. The occasional tech upgrade chance is not even worth it IMO.

It would be great if players like you could opt out of group loot -- more for the rest of us, win-win :)

• alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User

It would be great if players like you could opt out of group loot -- more for the rest of us, win-win :)

Totally! i'll gladly take everything everyone else doesn't want! :)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

If you think 130,000 ec is a lot and recycling vendor drops is your way of earning ec you're probably not an endgame player. :|
    Even a few clicks in the admiralty system will net you more than that.

No its not a lot, and yes I am an endgame player, but I still have a use for 130k ec
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    There are keyboard inputs for each selection. I don't recall exactly what they are (something along the lines of alt+1 or something). Get the keyboard input for the selection you want (need, greed, pass) and set a keybind so it will be a single click on the keyboard.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    There should be an option to automatically Need everything. And it should be on by default.

I'm happy to give you all the space garbage you can haul. Who says the Enterprise shouldn't be hauling garbage instead of being hauled away AS garbage? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    I agree with the OP
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    here one of another annoying while clearing a stack of items we looted from 1 mission, when i drag item to replicator, and only to be sold 1 at a time instead a full stack once.
    selling need major adjustments.

8 ec? no one wants to pick those up, they rather want higher value loots so they can buy upgrades from Exchange/broker, for those newly made captains in 10-30 levels, newer players for first time, they cant afford, by the time when they have enough, but it already "Outgrown" and need next tier series as they rank up.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    There should be an option to automatically Need everything. And it should be on by default.

+1.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Try finding a scrap yard that will take it. They payed me to not leave it with them.​​

You sir win the internet :D
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
      I pick up all the loot that drops for me as well. I vendor what won't sell well and sell what I don't want. Bank and/or use consumables as needed. Sell stacks when I get full ones. Every little bit helps.

those 100k+ vendoring eventually add up.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
      Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
      I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
      I have never used anything that dropped as loot. I began ignoring the drops and passing on all group loot. The amount of EC I make does not seem to be affected by this. I would turn off loot entirely if I could.
    • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
      rezking wrote: »
      warpangel wrote: »

+1.

+1+1

It's ridiculous and unnecessary that we must be interrupted in battle to pick up loot.
    • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
      edited August 2016
      anyone who passes up on drops must be EC billionaires, sure we all know most of the drops are vender trash but you only need to bring up your replicator and use the recycle option to quickly dispose of them at the end of the mission.
      ok so the recycled items might only give you a few thousand EC but when you think of the amount of missions you run that few thousand EC very quickly mounts up to a few million EC.
      having said that I have found some of the drops I have picked up to be very useful mk12 purple consoles or weapons and though I might not want to use them on my best ships they are very good for filling empty slots or replacing lesser gear on my older ships but then you would not know that unless you actually take the drop would you.
      the only thing is you need to remember to set your loot threshold to epic to get the best possible drops.
      if nothing else at the end of the day its the best way to get rid of those annoying popups, a quick tap on the "F" key and they are history.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.