test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beautiful artwork of my character on her bridge Mid-battle, by Alex Dai

gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
So I commissioned the amazing artist Alex Dai to draw my character, and this is the epic result:

w9XLhKZ.jpg

I will hopefully be getting a larger "Final" file soon, and will post it here when I do.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."

Comments

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    We have a new "Loading Screen" candidate.
    Very cool.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    We have a new "Loading Screen" candidate.
    Very cool.

Haha they'd have to ask him. as I said in the OP Alex Dai drew this, I'm definitely not that good at art.

Or are you referring to the LCARs in the backround being a copy of the STO loading screen? :smile:

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I mean it would make a cool Loading screen image is all. Its very nice artwork.
    But yeah, they'd have to negotiate with the artist. But I think it would look nice in game.
    Very nice keepsake in any event.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Well obviously it fails as serious artwork. Two science officers at helm and Opps? And a captain who'd ordering two drinks in the middle of a battle!

Seriously, it's a well drawn and coloured and very dynamic piece of work, so well done to the artist and congratulations to you to posses it :).
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Never underestimate the power of 2 good glasses of strong Ferengi Starduster to win any battle

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    Never underestimate the power of 2 good glasses of strong Ferengi Starduster to win any battle

That's my formula for winning internet points on the STO forums.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    iconians wrote: »

Posting drunk? Well it worked for Douglas Adams when he wanted to write a book...

• antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    That was excellent work - how much direction did you give, out of curiosity?
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User

But what are the points redeemable for, I wonder...
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User

That's my formula for winning internet points on the STO forums.

But what are the points redeemable for, I wonder...

Me too. Maybe we'll find out someday.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    That was excellent work - how much direction did you give, out of curiosity?

I gave some character and backround references and a suggestion that she should be sitting in her bridge chair giving some kind of order, the artist figured out how to make it look good.

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    I want one of Eleya. That is awesome.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    starswordc wrote: »
    I want one of Eleya. That is awesome.

His contact info for commissions should be here: http://imagesbyalex.deviantart.com/

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Alex does nice stuff - grats on a commission that makes you happy :).
  • imagesbyalex#4489 imagesbyalex Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Thanks for trusting me with your character.

I can also be contacted via email if anyone is interested in getting a commission: alex@imagesbyalex.com
    www.imagesbyalex.com
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I wish I could comission some art, but I haz no money so it would have to be a request from me if I did ask. But that is pretty awesome work.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)